Latest Release Date: 11.12.2010
Current TS3 Support: TS3 Beta 36 (TS3 API v8)
We would like to introduce to you the ACRE mod, in production by various members of the A2 community. The ACRE mod links ArmA2 and Teamspeak3 to create a more immersive environment in which we play in, including positional audio, real radio communications and complete compatibility with the ACE2 ArmA2 project.
We intend to create the most realistic and immersive radio system within the current gaming world; based off of real life experience and knowledge, as well as the use of physical terrain obscuration, radio loss, distortion, and all other considers a real radio operator must make on a daily basis.
We welcome anyone to supply feedback on this cooperative project.
- ACRE Team -
WHERE TO PLAY?
United Operations is the OFFICIAL ACRE COMMUNITY! Come play with us at http://unitedoperations.net!
Read the next post!
Package: http://raceriv.com/a...1.55_COMPAT.rar (version warning messages disabled in this release for smoothest integration with 13)
Alternate (both): http://dev-heaven.ne...cts/a2ts3/files
* CBA - Community Base Addons (not included)
* JayArmA2Lib (Included)
Wiki - http://dev-heaven.ne...ects/a2ts3/wiki
Installaion - http://dev-heaven.ne...on_Instructions
FAQ - http://dev-heaven.ne...Q_Bug_Reporting
Community Tracker - http://dev-heaven.ne...nityhelp/issues
* 100% ArmA2, OA and OA Combined Arms Compatible
* Four ACRE-Specific Radios
. AN/PRC-117F man pack radio
. AN/PRC-119 man pack radio
. AN/PRC-148 handheld radio
. AN/PRC-343 personal role radio
. Integration with all ACE2 man pack radios, using default AN/PRC-119 statistics.* PRC-148 now replaces the default ArmA2 'ItemRadio'
* Realistic GUI interfaces for radios, they are the real thing
* Directional speaking for non-radio, normal communications
. Real-time 3d positional information* Realistic terrain affects for radios
. Signal lose & distortion from buildings, hills, trees, and other objects
. Realistic power output and antenna length considerations for all radios that effect signal
. Realistic frequency wavelength falloff; higher frequencies do not travel as far
. Real-time positional calculation for fast-moving objects
. If a person speaks on their radio and you aren't on that frequency, you can hear them 'directly'* Multiple hotkeys and quick-displays for fast information about your radios
* Players can carry multiple radios on different frequencies
. Hot-swap radio hotkey
. Current radios selection menu
. Pop-up display on broadcast to know current radio in use
. Radios are droppable and maintain ALL settings for anyone who picks them up
. Program a radio and trade it with a player!
. Pick up your dead enemies radio and discover his platoon's frequency
* Custom Squawk sounds for all radio transmissions (credits to Krause)
* Realistic distortion effects
. Normal broadcasting distortion
. Signal lose distortion and noise
* Performance and desync considerations
. All time critical radio information is communicated via TeamSpeak3, server desync doesn't break ACRE
. Crash/Desync fallback functionality. Sound "anomalies" are no longer possible with lag/desync.
. Optimized distance, terrain, positional and signal calculations
. Use of JayArmA2Lib for Named pipes communication; 0-latency inter-process communication between TS3-ArmA2
. Server side garbage collection of radios to prevent object clutter/long mission lag
. Many fixes for ts3/arma2 crashes, server/mission disconnects
* Dead player and respawn handling for both radio and direct chat
ShackTactical (www.shacktac.com) ACRE Mission Scenes
SSG Clan (www.ssg-clan.se) ACRE Mission Scenes
UnitedOperations.net (www.unitedoperations.net) ACRE Mission Scenes
* All the official ACRE testers
* TacticalGamer.Com Community for Testing: Krause, ThePieSpy, Zedic, Azzwort, Sandiford, Cro, gr!imreaper, Omega Team, TG Admins, and others
* Shack Tactical (www.shacktac.com) for multiple thorough testing sessions
* SSG Clan (www.ssg-clan.se) for so much thorough testing and dealing with crashes
* Dev-Heaven community for listening to us complain
* BI Forums community for the support
* kju & Sickboy for the dev-heaven space
* BWF's Le Culto and Johnson with A2TS3 for giving us the motivation to do this.
Edited by NouberNou, 13 November 2010 - 01:21 AM.
adding v1.0.14 1.55 compat release