Sign in to follow this  
[frl]myke

FRL Airforce Addons release thread

It is a little teaser since there is nothing groundbreaking in it. Just to let you know the F-16 isn't abandoned. Engine effect is a donation by RKSL-Rock from his Eurofighter.

Is this the version with all the statup screens for the cockpit etc?

Is this the version with all the statup screens for the cockpit etc?

Yes, also most instruments working and a lot of other goodies...mostly pushing it towards a flightsim as close as i can. But still, don't expect anything near of Falcon 4.0 or something like this. ;)

No worries just looking forward to the update of this great addon...

Yeah that F-16 look danm good :D

Keep up the good work Myke.

Thanks for the kind words.

@eddyD

i'll probably will need your help once more with the cockpit. I'll send you PM when i'm that far.

Myke, is there a way to modify the JSOW a bit so it's more realistic? It pretty much acts like a GBU as of now. These things have a huge range, and even dropping them at 3K Meters AGL, they drop just like any other bomb, maybe add some thrust to it?

The operation range is 22 km for a low altitude drop, and low altitude is pretty much around 3K. It is pretty overpowering for it to have that range, maybe reduce it by half, but it IS a joint STANDOFF weapon. IMO let the mission/map makers limit it's usage to prevent it from being overpowered, the F-16 only carriers 2 anyways.

Also, I want to start making particle effects for bomb/missile detonations, and I think your missile box pack could be awesome with it's own custom explosion FXs for each ordnance. I've witnessed plenty of these ordinances being used in real life to know what they should look like when they detonate.

Edited by _S2_

The JSOW indeed had some wrong config settings. Will be fixed in the next update. However, the current implementation is a BREACH warhead, designed to crack bunkers and burried structures. It is not designed to cause large collateral damages. As for now it has the same power as the GBU-12 which is actually enough to blow everything off. So i considered this as a non-critical issue and i didn't released a hotfix. There are some other tweakings i want to make so a update will follow anyway. Just don't hold your breath on it.

And about the range: i wish there would be a proper implemenatation of gliding bombs like the AGM-154 in ArmA 2. I agree that it should have far larger engagement ranges. Indeed i'm experimenting to threat it more like a missile ingame, just need some time to find correct settings so people don't start to think it IS a missile.

About particle effects: i would be happy to have better effects and would thankfully take what you would have to offer. If i may ask something special: i still have the MOAB around which awaits a proper detonation effect. It's direct blast radius is ~100 meters so i would need a decent fireball with 150-200 diameter size. If you could create such a effect i would be more than happy...and i guess a lot of people out there aswell. ;)

And to think I was just going to come in and mope that I was missing the animated cockpit gauges... You're way ahead of me, man. Looks very good, but oooh is it not a rough field fighter... I'm look at the exhaust particle effects thinking they are too orange near the afterburner nozzle... I'm remembering that it goes something like red, orange, blue, white for heat near the rear.

A quick test if MFD's could be made with the same technique as the HUD:

0V-Tg-QdBiA

Very nice Myke! Now we could potentially have a variety of lovely MFDs!

Very nice Myke! Now we could potentially have a variety of lovely MFDs!

Don't expect too much. Data sources are pretty limited which can be displayed but i try to make it as good as possible.

Now if we could squeeze Spooners 3D map into an MFD that would be brilliant but I don't think he's active anymore :(

How do you install this gauge mod to F-16C?

Myke;1574700']

**UPDATE**

372-2nd_gaugepack.jpg

Instead of making a second pack' date=' i've updated the first instead. So everything that was in the first pack is also present here.

[i']List of Gauges/Instruments:[/i]

- NOZ POS gauge

- FTIT gauge

- EPU fuel gauge

- Caution Panel

- Fuel gauge

- ICP

- 2 MFD's (one with selection for animated compass/flight direction)

- RPM gauge

- Cabin pressure gauge

- ADI

- HSI

- Smaller backup ADI

- Clock

- Altimeter

- Airspeed indicator

- Hydraulic pressure gauge

- Oil temperature gauge

- Fuelflow

- AoA

- VVI

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=95649

Maybe reading the whole post over there would have revealed to you that this isn't a mod but a collection of 3D files. It is meant for addonmakers that create planes or choppers (although also others might have use for it) so they can just copy/paste and finetune some gauges.

However, these instruments will be included in the next major update of the F-16, actually i'm about to insert several instruments and adjust anims aswell as textures and so on.

Some minor visible progress. Believe me, not very much to see but a lot to do until it works as expected. And often enough it can't be done as planned thanks to game limitations.

jD1X002cltU

For those who don't get it: new working in this are the indexer lights (left and right of the HUD), reworked MFD (darn texts where shining through parts so texts are background texture again, excluded FLAPS and Weapon/ammo) and Missile Launch warning lamp on the left.

And yes, this bird will be delivered without ingame HUD (the ones on top of the screen) but all info will be displayed through plane instruments and displays.

Edited by [FRL]Myke

Another WIP shot. RWR has some sort of functionality (might change or not, don't know yet) also some of the eyebrow lights are working.

QEXg6O5PsmY