Sign in to follow this  
[frl]myke

FRL Airforce Addons release thread

Sorry Myke it was certainly not my intent to kick up this much dust.

I'll stick to PM next time, and avoid all this drama.

@Defunkt

mate, you helped me several time in the past and i do appreciate this so please don't take too much offence by this: don't judge about my motivations before you walked a mile in my shoes.

@all

the thing that bothers me most is the fact that those config changes were in the aerial replacement pack since 19.05.2010, so almost a year:

v2.0

- [OA] fixed: missing TI causes to show missiles very hot when loaded on vehicle. Thanks to RKSL-Rock for solving this problem for me.

- [All] fixed: speeds aswell as ranges where far from realistic values.

- [All] fixed: addon doesn't write itself to missions requiredAddons anymor

And don't start now the argument "aye, but it was a separate addon, not bundled with the Missilebox". IMHO it was even worse at this time as clients were never checked for the presence of this addon. Now at least in missions that do use Missilebox content, equality is forced.

During this time, no one ever mentioned possible problems, no one ever reported anything.

It's like people eating and liking a certain meal for nearly a year and now someone says "it is made with cranberries" and people start to moan "wtf? i hate cranberries, this meal stinks!!!". Well, they liked it when they didn't knew there was cranberries in it.

As for a solution, i thought of something and put it here for discussion:

comparing server with clients, if server has it and clients not (and mission doesn't require it anyway), message to the chat and in the rpt's. The same vice versa, client connects with Missilbox and server doesn't run the Missilebox, msg to chat.

Edited by [FRL]Myke

Sounds like a nice solution too Myke. The reason why it's brought up late could be because such people only use it since recently, or did not expect / know about the mentioned things.

I know very well from experience how odd this feels/seems though, don't take it too personal - but I know that's hard.

Myke it's a great addon, in fact now I know more about it what it does I'm going to start using it myself in singleplayer, I'm all for more realistic behaviours. It's only come up now because Duala has ended up dependent on it which will put some server-ops in the position of having to choose between a very popular map or offering a consistent, stable and level playing field which is pretty important to most people who run servers. In and of itself there's nothing that needs to be changed (though I'd recommend SB's script edits) it's just not ideal to have gameplay changes that can't be enforced for all bound to the use of a particular island (or its bundled units).

Just watched your youtube channel and have to say im really impressed with all the cool things you´ve done!

Keep up!

Myke;1886904']

As for a solution' date=' i thought of something and put it here for discussion:

comparing server with clients, if server has it and clients not (and mission doesn't require it anyway), message to the chat and in the rpt's. The same vice versa, client connects with Missilbox and server doesn't run the Missilebox, msg to chat.[/quote']

IMO that's the right direction. Probably even more than just message - actual kicking from the server after giving a proper mesage directing to where to get the addon.

......... it's just not ideal to have gameplay changes that can't be enforced for all bound to the use of a particular island (or its bundled units).

How is this not enforceable? What you have requested may make the missile box a little more 'user friendly' for players and server admins but at the end of the day they are the ones who should be making use of sigs, doing addon checks and kicking players who don't comply.

The missile box is not the first addon or only addon to have these sort of issues. In fact some of more popular mods are known to crash loosely run servers.

Edited by Pathetic_Berserker

How is this not enforceable? What you have requested may make the missile box a little more 'user friendly' for players and server admins but at the end of the day they are the ones who should be making use of sigs, doing addon checks and kicking players who don't comply.

Of course it's enforceable but not using Duala or preventing people who don't amend their Duala folder (by removing the missilebox from their command line and therefore having to remove the Viggen from their Duala mod folder) from joining is an unnecessarily big fucking stick and not really in anybody's interests least of all IceBreaker's. I get the feeling you have half the theory but have never actually run a public server.

The voices have been heard, decisions aren't made yet but they will be sooner or later. Please stop this discussion now.

Yeah, sorry, entirely up to you what to do, as far as I'm concerned the main thing is you're thinking about it.

Ok, decision has been made, now i have to work it out and publish it.

What you will get (and this is not subject for discussion):

- The Missilebox containing all GLT_ weapons with realistic altough downscaled to the armaverse capabilities. In short: what you already have.

It will also contain model replacements for BIS weapons, just models, no other config values will be changed.

- A separate config replacement addon which contains the improved config values for BIS weapons so they fit together with the Missilebox.

This addon will get a separate key aswell.

What never will happen:

- there will never be a Missilebox with GLT_ weapons downscaled to BIS weapons level. Degrading capabilities is not an option.

To addonmakers actually using the Missilebox:

You loadouts remain fully compatible so you wont have to worry about updating anything on your planes caused by these steps i make.

Sounds great Myke, thank you for consideration and up-front for execution!

Please move on, there is nothing to see here. Thank you.

There is really nothing to see...

Still here?

Ok, sunday or monday you may enjoy the full show, till then, this teaser must be enough.

sundayp.jpg

Myke;1890131']Please move on' date=' there is nothing to see here. Thank you.

There is really nothing to see...

Still here?

Ok, sunday or monday you may enjoy the full show, till then, this teaser must be enough.

sundayp.jpg

Another outstading work from MYke incoming for sure!

fap.jpg

Another outstading work from MYke incoming for sure!

So you're saying i should rename this thread to "Myke's FAPulous addons"? :D

Myke;1890341']So you're saying i should rename this thread to "Myke's FAPulous addons"? :D

indeed

Su-24MK Fencer D for Russia and Takistan

su24promo.jpg

Version: 1.0

Date: 04.04.2011

This adds 4 Su-24 Fencer to the russian army and 4 Su-24 Fencer to the takistani army. Available loadouts for each faction: Bomber, Antitank, GPS/INS and Laserguided.

This is a donation by wld427 from the PRACS mod. The original model was made by Footmunch.

Classnames:

Russian classnames:
- GLT_Su24Fencer_RU			(Bomber)
- GLT_Su24Fencer_AT_RU		(Anti Tank)
- GLT_Su24Fencer_GPS_RU		(GPS/INS guided Missiles and bombs)
- GLT_Su24Fencer_LSR_RU		(Laser guided bombs)

Takistani classnames:
- GLT_Su24Fencer_TK			(Bomber)
- GLT_Su24Fencer_AT_TK		(Anti Tank)
- GLT_Su24Fencer_GPS_TK		(GPS/INS guided Missiles and bombs)
- GLT_Su24Fencer_LSR_TK		(Laser guided bombs)

Included files:

GLT_SU24.pbo
GLT_SU24.pbo.GLT_ADDONS.bisign
GLT_ADDONS.bikey
readme.txt

CREDITS:

Original model and addon by Footmunch

Initial port by wld 427 for Project RACS

Requirements:

Combined Operations (Arma 2 & Operation Arrowhead)

Extended Eventhandlers (CBA)

GLT Missilebox

Download Su-24MK Fencer D:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/9367994/GLT_SU24.7z

Mirrors:

@IceBreakr

Thanks mate.

@R0adki11

Link added to first post. Congrats to your work aswell.

@Isola

Isn't there anything you would have to do before testing?

fapfapfapfapfapfap ;)