Sign in to follow this  
[frl]myke

[OA] New config values, who has info about?

While looking through the configs, i found (as to be expected) a lot new config entries. Would be nice if we could hunt them, post them and hopefully someone will find out what they do and how they work.

Let me make a start.

memoryPointCM[] = {"flare_launcher1","flare_launcher2"};
 memoryPointCMDir[] = {"flare_launcher1_dir","flare_launcher2_dir"};

Obviously this is found in cfgVehicles on air vehicles. Also obvious that those define the memory points from which position the flares and chaff is ejected and the Dir, defining the ejecting direction.

htMin = 60;
 htMax = 1800;
 afMax = 200;
 mfMax = 100;
 mFact = 0;
 tBody = 0;

These settings i've found in cfgVehicles and also in cfgWeapons. A wild guess: it is related to FLIR, or better how hot a object gets when used and also heat up and cool down times? Could it be that ht.... stands for heat....?

radarType = 4;
 LockDetectionSystem = 8;
 IncommingMisslieDetectionSystem = 0;

NOTE: it is copy/paste so there is indeed a typo in the last line: ...Misslie...

Back to cfgVehicles. Didn't looked through all configs yet so these i found in air vehicles configs. Obviously this relates to the countermeasure system but would be nice... to know what the settings mean and which settings are possible.

:EDITH: radarType could be what the unit can see on radar. Found this setting on tanks in the main class aswell as in the turret defined.

weaponLockSystem = "16 + 2";
 cmImmunity = 0.8;

This is from cfgAmmo part, especially AA Missiles.

On the first i can only guess that this could possibly replace the lock definitions as we know it: irLock, airLock and irLock. As far as i can tell, AA missiles all have 16+2, the Hellfire has 16+4 and the Falanga (AT2) has 16+1.

cmImmunity probably defines how easy a missile gets spoofed by countermeasures. All AA missiles share the same value: 0.8

Found this in the F-35 HUD section:

helmetMountedDisplay = 1;
   helmetPosition[] = {-0.025,0.025,0.1};
   helmetRight[] = {0.05,0.0,0.0};
   helmetDown[] = {-0.0,-0.05,0.0};

Also interesting the new subclass in the static weapons:

class assembleInfo
 {
  primary = 0;
  base = "";
  assembleTo = "";
  dissasembleTo[] = {"MK19_TriPod_US_Bag_EP1","Tripod_Bag"};
  displayName = "";
 };

Obvously it defines what backpacks it generates when dissasembled.

Thats all so far. More might follow. Please post your findings, be it config values or what they do.

Edited by [FRL]Myke

thanks for the thread.

ill post mine,

so, by adding

Quote:

canCarryBackPack = 1;

to your soldier cfg, you can allow your soldier to use a backpack.

however, i believe you need a proxy or something for the backpacks (to tell where the backpack should go i guess). So it doesn't work visually.. at least for me.

It appears that the gunBeg and gunEnd tokens (these define where projectiles are emitted from weapons) can now be arrays, allowing for multiple barrels/muzzles.

@Myke... yes, related to flir... you could build it into your A2 stuff previously but the A2 buldozer.exe/A2 game.exe were unable to present it too you. The 'ht' stands for 'half cooling time'... see this thread for a link to the information on 'how-to' create 'thermal imaging' for your assets (should be migrated to the biki imo).

There seem to be a few new entries for turrets as well. Under MainTurret,

turretInfoType = "RscUnitInfo_AH64D_gunner";
discreteDistance[] = {300, 400, 500, 600, 700, 800, 900, 1000, 1100, 1200};
discreteDistanceInitIndex = 2;

This code, obviously, comes from the AH-64D. It can also be found on tanks, like the M1A1.

turretInfoType = "RscWeaponRangeZeroing";
discreteDistance[] = {600, 800, 1000, 1200, 1400, 1600, 1800, 2000};
discreteDistanceInitIndex = 0;

I am guessing this is related to the new weapon range adjustment function. The discreteDistance[] is probably the specific distances you can set the weapon to. As for the turretInfoType and discreteDistanceInitIndex I am not so sure.

The AH-64D shows additional changes for the optics system. Still under MainTurret, we have

class OpticsIn {
class Wide {
	opticsDisplayName = "W";
	initAngleX = 0;
	minAngleX = -30;
	maxAngleX = 30;
	initAngleY = 0;
	minAngleY = -100;
	maxAngleY = 100;
	initFov = 0.466;
	minFov = 0.466;
	maxFov = 0.466;
	visionMode[] = {"Normal", NVG, "Ti"};
	thermalMode[] = {0, 1};
	gunnerOpticsModel = "\ca\air_e\gunnerOptics_ah64";
};

class Medium : Wide {
	opticsDisplayName = "M";
	initFov = 0.093;
	minFov = 0.093;
	maxFov = 0.093;
	gunnerOpticsModel = "\ca\air_e\gunnerOptics_ah64_2";
};

class Narrow : Wide {
	opticsDisplayName = "N";
	gunnerOpticsModel = "\ca\air_e\gunnerOptics_ah64_3";
	initFov = 0.029;
	minFov = 0.029;
	maxFov = 0.029;
};
};

class OpticsOut {
class Monocular {
	initAngleX = 0;
	minAngleX = -30;
	maxAngleX = 30;
	initAngleY = 0;
	minAngleY = -100;
	maxAngleY = 100;
	initFov = 1.1;
	minFov = 0.133;
	maxFov = 1.1;
	visionMode[] = {"Normal", NVG};
	gunnerOpticsModel = "";
	gunnerOpticsEffect[] = {};
};
};

Obviously the new FLIR is placed in the visionMode[] entry as "Ti" and likely needs thermalMode[] = {0, 1}; to function, though I do not know what affect changing the values values within thermalMode[] would have. Otherwise these probably work like the regular ViewOptics and ViewPilot entries.

Nice findings, Thanks.

By looking at it i guess discreteDistanceInitIndex defines which zeroing is pre-set. So for the AH-64 it would be 500, for the M1 it would be 600.

turretInfoType is not new i guess, just the displaymodes are new. Those are definitions how the HUD looks like and what info it displays.

This one here:

thermalMode[] = {0, 1};

i guess those defines which thermal imaging modes can be displayed, either normal (hot = white) or inversed (hot = black).

Ok, I did some research regarding aircraft countermeasures:

radarType = 4; - seems like it's everywhere, you can see all on the display

LockDetectionSystem = 0; - just off

LockDetectionSystem = 8; - just visual warning on radar screen [in most of planes/choppers]

LockDetectionSystem = 8 + 4; - visual and sound (beeping) warning [only in Apache as far as I checked]

IncomingMisslieDetectionSystem = 0; - off, as always with 0

IncomingMisslieDetectionSystem = 16; - unknown effect [again in most of air victors]

I'm guessing the OpticsIn and OpticsOut allow you to set discreet zoom distances rather than the analog zoom the game uses by default.

thermalMode defines which thermal vision modes can be used.

There are at least 6, though I haven't tried all of them yet.

0: Black and White, White = Hot

1: Black and White, Black = Hot

2: Green and White, White = Hot

3: Green and Black, Black = Hot

4: Red

5: Red

Example: If you want your tank to have Black and White with White = Hot and Green and White with White being hot, you'd use: thermalMode[]={0,2}.

• Like 1

Interesting, I'll have to try those other vision modes to see what they're like.

I'll post screenshots afterwards.

Anyone tried adding stepped zoom modes in Class Tracked_APCs to class CommanderOptics?

In class MainTurret it works perfectly (see Bradley) but it seems it doesn't work in any way for APC commanders.

In class Tank gunner and commander can have stepped zoom.

The turret needs to have a weapon.

I don't know why, it's just another sick engine limitation without any valid reason. :rolleyes:

Just use FakeWeapon / FakeMagazin if necessary.

The turret needs to have a weapon.

I don't know why, it's just another sick engine limitation without any valid reason. :rolleyes:

Just use FakeWeapon / FakeMagazin if necessary.

Thanks for the hint.

I got some screenshots using the other thermal imaging modes. They look pretty cool.

thermalMode defines which thermal vision modes can be used.

There are at least 6, though I haven't tried all of them yet.

0: Black and White, White = Hot

1: Black and White, Black = Hot

2: Green and White, White = Hot

3: Green and Black, Black = Hot

4: Red, White = Hot

5: Red, Black = Hot

Example: If you want your tank to have Black and White with White = Hot and Green and White with White being hot, you'd use: thermalMode[]={0,2}.

Green, White Hot.

th_Green_WhiteHot.jpg

Green, Black Hot

th_Green_BlackHot.jpg

Red, White Hot.

th_Red_WhiteHot.jpg

Red, Black Hot.

th_Red_BlackHot.jpg

[EDIT]

Added more comments for clarity.

Edited by Xeno426

Excellent pics, Xeno426. Can you please edit the post referring which picture shows which setting? Just becaues the values are one page back. So people don't need to flip back and forth. :D

Don't you have the this feeling that the green/white setting should be default for tanks? I mean, in Steel Beast 2 - the best armor simulation - all tanks have green FLIR... IIRC.

however' date=' i believe you need a proxy or something for the backpacks (to tell where the backpack should go i guess). So it doesn't work visually.. at least for me.[/quote']

kju pointed me to this in a ticket on the CIT: a Man can have, e.g:

backpack = "NameOfBackpackClass";

in the config, to specify what backpack he has by default.

;1677307']Don't you have the this feeling that the green/white setting should be default for tanks? I mean' date=' in Steel Beast 2 - the best armor simulation - all tanks have green FLIR... IIRC.[/quote']

That's a cool idea. But who would use the Red colour?

M1A1 and M2 series used green white hot and green black hot for gunner sights.

Today most of the M1A1 and M2s are upgraded to have monochrome white hot and monochrome black hot for gunners and commander sights use orange white hot and orange black hot.

Has anyone else been able to successfully give other aircraft like the Ka-52 the weapon zeroing capability for its cannon? I figured that by adding the lines turretInfoType, discreteDistance[] and discreteDistanceInitIndex it would let me, but so far all it's done is add the rangefinder to the bottom.

M1A1 and M2 series used green white hot and green black hot for gunner sights.

Today most of the M1A1 and M2s are upgraded to have monochrome white hot and monochrome black hot for gunners and commander sights use orange white hot and orange black hot.

Uhh, as far as i know the older M1 and M2 had Red White/Black. Maybe depends on how old you mean...

Another config value I've noticed in weapons:

IRDistance

In the Rifle class, it is defaulted to 0. In weapons like the M249_EP1, M249_TWS_EP1, M249_m145_EP1, Sa58V_RCO_EP1, and Mk_48_DES_EP1 it is set to 100.

Also, I have seen two different entries for turretInfoType:

"RscWeaponRangeZeroing" and "RscUnitInfo_AH64D_gunner"

I have also seen weaponInfoType use one of the two following settings:

"RscWeaponZeroing" and "RscWeaponRangeZeroing"

These obviously set the weapon to allow for weapon zeroing. However, despite adding them to the gunner of the Ka-52, all I get is the rangefinder; no weapon zeroing (and yes, I included the discreteDistance[] and the index entries).

Also, I have seen two different entries for turretInfoType:

"RscWeaponRangeZeroing" and "RscUnitInfo_AH64D_gunner"

I have also seen weaponInfoType use one of the two following settings:

"RscWeaponZeroing" and "RscWeaponRangeZeroing"

These obviously set the weapon to allow for weapon zeroing. However, despite adding them to the gunner of the Ka-52, all I get is the rangefinder; no weapon zeroing (and yes, I included the discreteDistance[] and the index entries).

As far as i know, all Rsc..... config entries just define what the player can see in the ingame HUD. It's just dialogue definitions. It doesn't define if the weapon can be zeroed or not but if the player can see the number displayed.