Sign in to follow this  
helldesign

[Solved] Arma 2 - patch 1.07 Error [Solved] Cause is missing registry entry

Hello,

I bought last night "ArmA2: Combined Operations" from sprocket (digital download version of the game), downloaded and installed ArmA 2, which is patch 1.05 by default.

My OS is Windows 7 Ultimate edition (64bit) and the game was installed in folder "C:\Program Files (x86)\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2".

I started the game without any problems and tested a few minutes.

Then I did attempt to apply patch 1.07 -> I got an error message: "ArmA 2 is not installed on your computer or installation is corrupted."

Reinstalled the game, this time in the folder "C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2", but when I did attempt to apply patch again - got same error ""ArmA 2 is not installed on your computer or installation is corrupted."

Please Help :help:

Edited by helldesign

Hello!

The installer didn't create the corresponding registry key to the game's installation path. All you have to do is to open regedit, navigate to HKLM\Software\Bohemia Interactive Studio\Arma 2. Create a new string value here named "MAIN", double click it, and paste C:\Program Files (x86)\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2 into "value data". After doing this, you should be able to run the patch.

Hello!

The installer didn't create the corresponding registry key to the game's installation path. All you have to do is to open regedit, navigate to HKLM\Software\Bohemia Interactive Studio\Arma 2. Create a new string value here named "MAIN", double click it, and paste C:\Program Files (x86)\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2 into "value data". After doing this, you should be able to run the patch.

Thanks for the answer!

The problem is that in my "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\" - there is no "\Bohemia Interactive Studio\Arma 2" and I don't know how to create it... ?

I had the exact same problem last night, I'm also using Windows7 64bit and had to create the ArmA2 installation manually to install the patch as Sprocket didn't create the reg entry when I installed Sprocket ArmA2 last night, for me it was in the following:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Bohemia Interactive Studio\ArmA 2

Once I'd then created MAIN G:\ArmA2 it installed the patch perfectly :)

---------- Post added at 12:45 ---------- Previous post was at 12:44 ----------

http://www.windowsitpro.com/article/internals-and-architecture/what-s-the-wow6432node-under-the-hkey_local_machine-software-registry-subkey-.aspx

That explains what Wow6432node is as it was a new one on me :)

I had the exact same problem last night, I'm also using Windows7 64bit and had to create the ArmA2 installation manually to install the patch as Sprocket didn't create the reg entry when I installed Sprocket ArmA2 last night, for me it was in the following:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Bohemia Interactive Studio\ArmA 2

Once I'd then created MAIN G:\ArmA2 it installed the patch perfectly :)

---------- Post added at 12:45 ---------- Previous post was at 12:44 ----------

http://www.windowsitpro.com/article/internals-and-architecture/what-s-the-wow6432node-under-the-hkey_local_machine-software-registry-subkey-.aspx

That explains what Wow6432node is as it was a new one on me :)

Woow! It worked for me too! THANK YOU :yay:

The problem is solved!

I downloaded ArmA II: CO from Sprocket and since I saw the version number was 1.05, I wanted to patch it to 1.07. Problem is that patch 1.05 to 1.07 can't identify where my ArmA II location is even though I didn't install to any custom folder(C: Program Files(x86) / Bohemia Interactive / ArmA 2).

Same problem as this existing thread so merged together, read the whole thread and you'll see the solution to fixing the problem :)

Same problem as this existing thread so merged together, read the whole thread and you'll see the solution to fixing the problem :)

Thanks!:D

I've tried this and it still doers not work. Does having OA installed cause an issue to patch

EDIT: had wrong file in registry. works!

Edited by sofmisf

Hello!

I get the same error after doing this. Please help me. I am using WinXP Pro

I'm trying this on vista and it doesn't work. regedit showed that it was already installed here C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive Studios\ArmA 2 so I don't know what the deal is. It's been patched to 1.05, and I'm trying to patch to 1.07. Does vista have any particular quirks in this regard? I doubt many people are running it on that system.

EDIT: Nevermind.

Edited by Hadjimurad

PLACEBO

I did the the following, but I am confused that how to make a new reg there, here is my screen shot and any help will be appreciated.

THANKS

file:///I:/bohemnia.JPG

You obviously aren't very PC literate (not intended as an insult), DO NOT ATTEMPT TO EDIT YOUR REGISTRY.

I cannot be any clearer than that, if you can't post a screenshot on the net the last thing you should attempt to do is delve into your registry.

What version of windows do you have?

Got a question here I was trying to do this as I'm having the same problem and when I go on (C: Program Files(x86) / Bohemia Interactive I dont have a /Arma 2 folder?? Anyone know why? When I used the Regedit I went and did all the above and there was a ArmA 2 folder there... kinda confuse maybe thats why mine is still not patching?

Nevermind, i just realized that I need to make the correction in wow6432node.

Edited by 2ipper

This is not working. There is no entry for bohemia interactive under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE.

Update.

Purchased yet another copy and this time via D2D. Downloaded, installed, and patched correctly. So guess what? This is a issue with the BIS store and not user-end.

ive tried all of the above and im still getting no Arma 2 installed on computer this is propper doing my fookin head in!!!! is there a savour out there???

i have got the same problem, but i only got OA

i created the entry under wow6432node for Arma 2 OA

and linked it to my OA install path

but now when i try to patch it it says Wrong cd key instead of not installed on your computer

what should i do??? help!!!

i have got the same problem, but i only got OA

i created the entry under wow6432node for Arma 2 OA

and linked it to my OA install path

but now when i try to patch it it says Wrong cd key instead of not installed on your computer

what should i do??? help!!!

WOW! nearly did the same mistake!

I AM USING WIN XP sp3 !

My case is, that i once downloaded and installed faulty image of arma2oa with virus from web - never run it thou cause i was worried of infection! Then i got version from Impulse and when i tried to install it i got error message - "cant create file: C:\...\arma2Patch_1_07.exe"

Note i have original Arma2 installed and still playing and now got Arma2 Op Arrowhead!

Got even second version (DISC) because i was suspecting error in downloaded version, BUT Sadly never got any success!!!

Tried sfc /scannow, removing all traces of arrowhead in regedit no succes!

:868:

HEELLLPPP PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by Fredy_MastaBlasta
change spec

SO ok, i pay for the game. I start the installation.

Pop!

We get an error... i think ok, i can get past that. I google search and i find this forum not giving a straight answer and telling people to run the regedit to install the game.

(Personally i just created a 'MAIN' folder inside the directory i wanted the game to install.) Im on Windows 7 64

Further on i try to register the forum and inform people with the same problem and i find myself getting into a frustrating registration process alover again. You are a company, sync your damn user databases!

Oh and nice i find a facebook login to make my life easier before i forget the reason i came here in the first place... (Forums are usually used to solve problems and troubleshout a person in that condition hates delays)

Then im asked to fill out a bunch of useless info to once to prove im human and further on to enrich my game publishing knowledge with a magnificent question of what year was Operation FlashPoint: Cold War Crisis released?

i wouldnt give a damn really. Just give me a captcha as you well know how to do that once there is no link i press in here that wont direct me to one.

Worse company support experience i had so far! CHANGE YOUR DAMN FORUM USABILITY

SO ok, i pay for the game. I start the installation.

Pop!

We get an error... i think ok, i can get past that. I google search and i find this forum not giving a straight answer and telling people to run the regedit to install the game.

(Personally i just created a 'MAIN' folder inside the directory i wanted the game to install.) Im on Windows 7 64

Further on i try to register the forum and inform people with the same problem and i find myself getting into a frustrating registration process alover again. You are a company, sync your damn user databases!

Oh and nice i find a facebook login to make my life easier before i forget the reason i came here in the first place... (Forums are usually used to solve problems and troubleshout a person in that condition hates delays)

Then im asked to fill out a bunch of useless info to once to prove im human and further on to enrich my game publishing knowledge with a magnificent question of what year was Operation FlashPoint: Cold War Crisis released?

i wouldnt give a damn really. Just give me a captcha as you well know how to do that once there is no link i press in here that wont direct me to one.

Worse company support experience i had so far! CHANGE YOUR DAMN FORUM USABILITY

A very effective way to get rid of spam bots, live with it.

Usually i don't give infractions to a first poster, but this one was well earned.

Since original problem was solved anyway, thread is now...

-Closed-