przemek_kondor
przemek_kondor

Gunnery Sergeant

• Members
  • 478 posts

Posted 30 May 2010 - 14:13 #1

Hello,

Here is my new mission: DM Real Tournament 2
Why "2"? Some of OFP players remember great mission by OYC: Real Tournament 2003, and idea of mine is based on that OFP mission.

Videos (I'm sorry for compression): xfire
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Thmgt7ODLGc&hl=pl_PL&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Thmgt7ODLGc&hl=pl_PL&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object> <object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/7FNTcTrNJMI&hl=pl_PL&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/7FNTcTrNJMI&hl=pl_PL&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image
Posted Image Posted Image

Features:
  • fights are "1 on 1" duels
  • buying weapons (see image)
  • bets - you select your favourite fighter and money - if he wins, you get money (see image). Money is used for buying better weapons
  • when others fight you watch them from using spectator view (see image). There are available some buttons: for tracking fighters, manual control and NV. You can live even without NV, because fighters have attached lights (see iamge)
  • MP options:
    • number of fighters (4/8/16) - first N slots are taken! (f.e. if you will take 9th slot and admin set 8 fighters, then you are able to watch others fights only)
    • round duration - if nobody dead, then the winner is randomized
    • number of rounds to win (how many times you have to kill your oponent to win) (see image: table of players)
    • enable / disable grass
    • enable / disable graphic filters
    • AI skill (it doesn't help to much, you'll see how AI is stupid)
    • fast / normal AI vs AI fights - if fast then one of AI will be randomized to be exploded
    • randomizing order
  • intro & outro
  • sounds
  • for each fight weather and daytime is randomized and location is unique
  • first N (set in MP options) have to be enabled
  • JIP supported (with some minor issues)
Links:
DM Real Tournament 2
DM Real Tournament 2 (Armaholic)
Bugtracker na dev-heaven - if possible rise bugs / wishes there

I hope you enjoy
Regards,
[PR]zemek kondor

Edited by Przemek_kondor, 31 May 2010 - 14:45.

Erratic
Erratic

Sergeant

• Members
  • 151 posts

Posted 30 May 2010 - 14:18 #2

Nice, this looks really sweet man! Downloading now :D

Baraka
Baraka

Staff Sergeant

• Members
  • 248 posts

Posted 31 May 2010 - 18:07 #3

Really a new cool Idea-will check it out immediately.Thank you Sir!

gossamersolid
gossamersolid

Second Lieutenant

• Members
  • 4457 posts
  • LocationOntario, Canada

Posted 31 May 2010 - 19:00 #4

This actually looks really fun, will download
logo.png
ArmA 3 - GWAR3
ArmA 2 - PCDF | Gossamer's Warfare
PC - i5 3570K | EVGA GTX 780 ACX | 16GB DDR3

Baraka
Baraka

Staff Sergeant

• Members
  • 248 posts

Posted 31 May 2010 - 19:11 #5

Ok, i played a Tournament and it works very well.Had a lot of Fun to bet and to see how fast my money get lost, and finally made the 1.place.
2 little things to say:
1: when u´re in "free moving camera mode" and it´s a night fight u can hardly see the 4 blocks to move the sight.
2: I had no fonts in the fields for confirm the betting and buying.Same with the player\camera field.

Still a awesome play-mode, i hope there will soon be an online match!

przemek_kondor
przemek_kondor

Gunnery Sergeant

• Members
  • 478 posts

Posted 31 May 2010 - 19:23 #6

Thanks for feedback.
1. I'll change color of buttons
2. could you tell me if your arma2.rpt says something like: "STR_bet" or "STR_right" couldn't be found?

muecke
muecke

Gunnery Sergeant

• Members
  • 469 posts

Posted 31 May 2010 - 21:45 #7

Kondor this is fun !!!
good job on that...

Taxman
Taxman

Gunnery Sergeant

• Members
  • 503 posts

Posted 01 June 2010 - 21:50 #8

Got this on the SBS server ..... its a great laugh.... prob works best if all are on comms together..... :) but fun no matter what..
And better than the original... very polished map..
Posted Image}

Bier AIG Razor
Bier AIG Razor

Sergeant

• Members
  • 112 posts

Posted 01 June 2010 - 21:53 #9

Is it possible to remove weapons after a round?

SpyderPB6
SpyderPB6

Sergeant

• Members
  • 117 posts

Posted 01 June 2010 - 22:38 #10

Very interesting idea, DLing now. Will post feedback.

przemek_kondor
przemek_kondor

Gunnery Sergeant

• Members
  • 478 posts

Posted 02 June 2010 - 08:01 #11

Is it possible to remove weapons after a round?

Everything is possible, but what do you mean? why having weapon after round is / could be an issue?

Taxman
Taxman

Gunnery Sergeant

• Members
  • 503 posts

Posted 02 June 2010 - 08:12 #12

You have to buy your next weapon or get stuck with the shotgun....
Posted Image}

przemek_kondor
przemek_kondor

Gunnery Sergeant

• Members
  • 478 posts

Posted 02 June 2010 - 10:17 #13

He wrote: "Is it possible to remove weapons after a round?" not "Is it possible to keep weapons after a round?" or I don't get it.
So, do you want to have an option
-to keep weapons or
-to remove weapons immediately after round?

Taxman
Taxman

Gunnery Sergeant

• Members
  • 503 posts

Posted 02 June 2010 - 13:52 #14

He wrote: "Is it possible to remove weapons after a round?" not "Is it possible to keep weapons after a round?"

Answer is the same, isnt it ?

When I played, the weapon I bought in first round was removed for second round, I had to buy another.
Posted Image}

wheres my rabbit ?
wheres my rabbit ?

Master Sergeant

• Members
  • 707 posts

Posted 02 June 2010 - 14:18 #15

loved this mission in ofp !

Bier AIG Razor
Bier AIG Razor

Sergeant

• Members
  • 112 posts

Posted 02 June 2010 - 15:55 #16

When I played, the weapon I bought in first round was removed for second round, I had to buy another.

Right, but i was killed a few times between the rounds during the "final-screens".

Erratic
Erratic

Sergeant

• Members
  • 151 posts

Posted 02 June 2010 - 16:06 #17

I think we should be able to keep weapons and also win money after each round you win. Because I got to the final fight, spent all the money (that I only won from bets ofcourse) on an automatic rifle, I killed my opponent once with it, then though right well I'm glad I saved my money the whole game for this gun, and then it was gone on for the second time we faced! I was back to 0$ and default gun.

Walker001
Walker001

Corporal

• Members
  • 74 posts

Posted 02 June 2010 - 19:19 #18

Well done!
"When you see the flash..."
http://www.united-nations-army.eu

Taxman
Taxman

Gunnery Sergeant

• Members
  • 503 posts

Posted 02 June 2010 - 20:06 #19

I think we should be able to keep weapons and also win money after each round you win. Because I got to the final fight, spent all the money (that I only won from bets ofcourse) on an automatic rifle, I killed my opponent once with it, then though right well I'm glad I saved my money the whole game for this gun, and then it was gone on for the second time we faced! I was back to 0$ and default gun.

Yeah.. I agree, we should be able to keep the weps that we purchase.
Posted Image}

przemek_kondor
przemek_kondor

Gunnery Sergeant

• Members
  • 478 posts

Posted 02 June 2010 - 20:16 #20

Ok, I'm going to add this persistent-weapon option (but until you die - I mean: you buy f.e. M249, you are killed -> you lose this weapon) - it's will be easy to do, and I think would be fair.

About getting the money after fight you won - it's already there, but money are added when new serie starts - so it's the same imo. Do you want to have 3 ways to get money - 1 new serie, 2 bets, 3 winning the fight?

And what do you think about option for adding crazy weapons, I mean f.e. shotgun which fires javelin missles, grenades or sabot? - it would be very easy for implementing (I've already got working script)