Sign in to follow this  
Stagler

Russian Naval Infantry (Desert)

I wonder if you could do the helmet cover in the lighter digi pattern too. And also it would fit to have some soldiers with a visible undershirt in the characteristic white-blue stripes of the marine troops.

I don't believe the Naval Infantrymen wear helmet covers with KSOR pattern on them, I believe they wear Flora and Flora body armour. Also, if you do make the undershirt, make sure it is Navy Blue and White and not Light Blue and White, Light Blue is only worn by the ВДВ, just as Black and White is for Army and Red and White is for Army Specnaz and GRU (I think, I may be mistaken about GRU).

I don't believe the Naval Infantrymen wear helmet covers with KSOR pattern on them, I believe they wear Flora and Flora body armour. Also, if you do make the undershirt, make sure it is Navy Blue and White and not Light Blue and White, Light Blue is only worn by the ВДВ, just as Black and White is for Army and Red and White is for Army Specnaz and GRU (I think, I may be mistaken about GRU).

Red and White stripe colors have recently been adopted by the Interior Troops (VV) Spetsnaz. Army Spetsnaz are the GRU, and for all the practical purposes, they wear the same field uniforms as the VDV. Also, it appears that the cammo that is used in the addon is the high desert version of the standard army digital pattern (EMR) and not the KSOR.

Peace,

DreDay

Thanks Mac. In the next release Safety catch is working on some desert textures for the vehicles in the pack and ill try and get a better sample for the KSOR.

Awesome. It'll be nice to have the Russians invade Duala in proper desert kit. :war:

There seems to be a model problem with the ghillie guys, I can look though them:

mukblmlq.jpg

And why are the ghillie suits so dark? I assumed that in the desert something that goes more in the direction of sand/rock color would be preferrable.

But I think the Russian snipers have to be modified anyway (not necessarily in this addon, because it concerns also the woodland version of Russian sniper models), e.g. I'd really like to see this Leshij artificial-leaves suit or a self-made ghillie consisting of jacket+pants in KSOR or similar (maybe also Partizan pattern) with some loosly attached stripes of grey/tan textile or small parts of a camo net. But that would require some serious modelling, not just texturing. I hope someone takes the challenge ;)

2g9thf3m.jpg vvunu5qt.jpg

ill look into the ghillie guys. Works fine on mine.

Does anyone else have the ghillie issue?

Edited by colonel stagler

I love these units, for the most part there are not many issues except the ones mentioned.

PS: With ACE the units are already equipped with the AK74M instead of the AK 108.:D

Sniper issue happens when you load BWMOD

remove the mod and the correct sniper will appear

seems to be a problem with the infantry init.sqs

they posted that it should be corrected this weekened.

I worked around the problem by removing the infantry init.sqs from the

script folder in the BWMOD Pbo

Hope that helps

Thanks for that ricmaughn.

New version will be out in time for Arrowhead with -

Desert vehicles and aircraft skins.

Better KSOR camouflage sample.

Lighter Ghillie suits.

Ghillie SVD for the sniper units.

BTR60PB from Arrowhead reskinned.

New version will be out in time for Arrowhead with -

Desert vehicles and aircraft skins.

Better KSOR camouflage sample.

Lighter Ghillie suits.

Ghillie SVD for the sniper units.

BTR60PB from Arrowhead reskinned.

That'll we be great!

Will they be Blufor in Operation Arrowhead seeing as fighting muslim Terrorists seems to be alike between US (Taliban) and Russia (Chechens)?

Nah Opfor. Im too old school for Russia to be Blufor. And besides theres Mujihadeen on Blufor that can fight the Russians. Also to clarify, the addon will require ARMA 2 and OP Arrowhead, and is not just compatible for the standalone because of its dependencies on the Russians from Arma 2. But i dont think i need to tell anyone on here that since everyone probably already has ARMA 2, ha.

New version released first page.

v1.5

Screenshots:

navy2small.jpg

navy1small.jpg

Larger versions:

navy2.th.jpg

navy1r.th.jpg

@foxhound: No need to credit me for any screenshots, especially if they are made by col. stagler himself ;)

@foxhound: No need to credit me for any screenshots, especially if they are made by col. stagler himself ;)

Oeps, leftover from the old page. Thanks for the headsup. ;)

Ill try and put a Bikey in the next release yea. Next release I will reskin the Mi8 and Mi8-MTV choppers and navy flags and such.