Sign in to follow this  
sickboy

A.C.E. 2 - v1.2 stable (Advanced Combat Environment) Old

The detonation sounds for the Cobra's 20mm rounds seem far too loud. The regular ACE_SM cannon sounds are great whether up close or at a distance, but the small explosion/round hitting dirt sound of the AH-1z sounds like it is right in your face even when the impacts are hundreds of meters distant. If you're going to give the Cobra such a meek sound, it should fade quickly, and the gun itself should be heard more.

Yeah I've noticed this, especially the noise of the 20mm impacting trees just sounds really weird.

Thanks, but I can't find a working link to the release notes here..anyone else have this ?
That's odd cause they are at the same place, and linked in the short but informational first post ;)
Did ACE2 just release an update today all of the sudden?
Nope; there are no updates without notification on our homepage and BIF.

http://ace.dev-heaven.net/wagn/Ongoing_Development

See the included Update card for an overview :)

For some reason the ACE-Keys stopped working for me with ACE 2 v.1.1.

I´ve edited the ace_clientside_config, which is in the right place, but it will not work.

Edit:

Works fine now, with ACE 2 as the only mod loaded.

Now i only need to find out where the conflict came from.

Edited by Mr_Tea

Does anyone know how I can get a non-ACE aircraft the ability to eject? I like the Pedagne mod stuff and an F16 alot but I get stuck burning up in my jet.

I ran the six updater correctly with no firewall or anything on. It installed all mods correctly, and I set it to be ACE vanilla. But it isn't launching. :/ It stops at startup load and ctd's.

Versions:

@ACE 349

@ACEX 231

@ACEX_PLA 19

@ACEX_SM 32

@CBA 96

Hey Sickboy, I was wondering if down the road you and the team would ever consider bringing back where it takes a few seconds to startup land vehicles? I could have sworn it was in the Armed Assault ACE awhile back. I don't know exactly why, but oddly enough I miss it, heh.

By the way, still enjoying ACE2 all the way. :)

Sickboy,I don't know if this is a bug or not.When you are standing or crouching your recoil is bad as it should be.But if your moving forward while standing/crouching then it seems you have no recoil at all instead only having the movement of weapon throwing the rounds around.This means that when moving at slow speed you can shoot as though you are prone.Very small diameter spray pattern.

sorry to go on about it but i cant seem to get the new sling loading to work, for some reason i cant attach the sling rope to EITHER the OBJECT or the chopper or anything for that matter, any ideas?

Does anyone know how I can get a non-ACE aircraft the ability to eject? I like the Pedagne mod stuff and an F16 alot but I get stuck burning up in my jet.

Any aircraft used in ACE retains default eject action under the name "Jump Out", as long as the used addons are XEH (Extended EventHandlers) compatible.

If they aren't XEH compatible, the mods are not compatible with ACE (Or other XEH compatible addons) to begin with (or visa versa, however you prefer) :)

Details: http://dev-heaven.net/issues/10474#note-1

Hey Sickboy, I was wondering if down the road you and the team would ever consider bringing back where it takes a few seconds to startup land vehicles? I could have sworn it was in the Armed Assault ACE awhile back. I don't know exactly why, but oddly enough I miss it, heh.

By the way, still enjoying ACE2 all the way. :)

Good to hear :) Not sure, if it's in the ticket system maybe you need to dig it out and bump it, or otherwise create one, so that it can be voted/discussed/handled :D Edited by Sickboy

How can I revert back to the sounds in in ACEX_SM build 31?

I want them sounds back! :(

Cant, they will be reworked for 1.2.0: http://dev-heaven.net/issues/10439#note-14

Recommended is to check the changelog before you apply the update, so you can stick to whatever you want, whenever you want.

Edited by Sickboy

tell me please :) You have projects add more in the Russian army soldiers of other units? :confused: maybe [VDV] from Studio SARMATS? :icon_rolleyes: Only Blufor have: USARMY DESERT, USARMY, USMC Desert........... You want war with Russian? complement our troops! :now: :D Thx.

Keshman

tell me please :) You have projects add more in the Russian army soldiers of other units? :confused: maybe [VDV] from Studio SARMATS? :icon_rolleyes:

Keshman

More Russian equip is on the way (weeks/months), stay tuned. Edited by Sickboy

Cant, they will be reworked for 1.2.0: http://dev-heaven.net/issues/10439#note-14

Recommended is to check the changelog before you apply the update, so you can stick to whatever you want, whenever you want.

lol wow, you are kidding right ? cmon sickboy ! you cant just stop updating when you see a version you want if you wish to join any public servers ! even closed communities either stick with latest beta or a stable build. ZERO servers stick with an older beta version for long.

:whistle:

Edited by [DirTyDeeDs]-Ziggy-

-Ziggy-;1623756']lol wow' date=' you are kidding right ? cmon sickboy ! you cant just stop updating when you see a version you want if you wish to join any public servers ! even closed communities either stick with latest beta or a stable build. ZERO servers stick with an older beta version for long.

:whistle:[/quote']

Where does he mention he plays Multiplayer?

If he wants to keep something from one build that we changed in another, how would you recommend he gets it back?

Edited by Sickboy

Perhaps, IF there is something he liked, And knew that the ace sound mod was going to be changed, He could of made a copy of the ACEX_SM folder and renamed it, Thus keeping the sounds as they were.

Hindsight is a bit..

I'm having issues with mounting the 50 cal on the tripod. I can deploy the tripod but I never get a menu to mount the 50 cal on it. Is the problem me or its a known issue? oh I'm using the latest ACE mod V1.1

No need to fight about the sounds or whatever... they will be back in about 30 days with the next release.

It was decided (actually there was a ticket at dev-heaven where everybody could vote) to bring back the 1.0 sounds for 1.1 and improve the new sounds for 1.2

They had some issues and those will be adressed.

That's how "democracy" works, you don't allways get what you like :P

Xeno

Edited by Xeno

I'm having issues with mounting the 50 cal on the tripod. I can deploy the tripod but I never get a menu to mount the 50 cal on it. Is the problem me or its a known issue? oh I'm using the latest ACE mod V1.1

You'll have to use the 'interact with others'-menu (Right Windows key on EU keyboards. Not sure about US ones) on the tripod to attach the gun to it. Same thing when loading the gun with ammunition.

Where does he mention he plays Multiplayer?

If he wants to keep something from one build that we changed in another, how would you recommend he gets it back?

where does he mention that he only plays single player?

You have a long history of stating 'stick with the latest beta, or use the stable version' and now you are changing your message. I thought it warranted a rebuttal.

how would I recommend he gets it back?

use the ACE CIT and make a ticket! :rofl:

Hi. Dont know if this has been asked but the back pack when i go to put somthing in it, it does not light up so i can not put the item in the bag the items are small things such as ammo and medic stuff.

Hi. Dont know if this has been asked but the back pack when i go to put somthing in it, it does not light up so i can not put the item in the bag the items are small things such as ammo and medic stuff.

IF you have disable stamina, you can't use backpacks maybe that is your problem.

Good to hear :) Not sure, if it's in the ticket system maybe you need to dig it out and bump it, or otherwise create one, so that it can be voted/discussed/handled :D

Sounds good to me, thanks! I'll look through and see if I can find it--if not I'll do like you said and create one. :)