Sign in to follow this  
sickboy

SIX Projects - Updater Suite, Portal, Config Browser, etc.

Hello,

your six-updater uses rsync, am I right?

Which rsync params do you use with the Install or Update action?

Hello,

your six-updater uses rsync, am I right?

Which rsync params do you use with the Install or Update action?

Hi, that's correct. The rsync parameters should be about the same as in Dr Pulp's linux script.

Line 21 in the six-rsync library

Also the logs contain the exact used commandlines of the executed commands.

You might find the six-rsync core commandline tool/library useful as it contains all functionality to grab and unpack, update, verify/repair or convert six-updater modfolders.

Edited by Sickboy

Hello Sickboy.

since an few days i am playing Arma 2 online after if seen that so much .

mods where being, i searched and foud this programme.

now i tryed to play since and installed the mods i needed

but by some servers it still misses and the update suite doesent install them

they aree disabled it says in the dos window .

then i go in the mod page to find em and i dont find em at all .

they arent in the list

i hope you can help me

Greetings CrazyGuy

Delete this post please. I figured it all out. Should have done testing before posting. I posted without testing enough myself.

I figured it all out, beautiful tool. Needs a look-into though...

Edited by megagoth1702

Hello there, just a quick question regarding OA, are you planning on adding the beta's to the update system as with ArmA2 beta's??

Thx.

How can i change where the @someaddon directories are located?

By default, 6Updater is creating all the @directories under my ArmA2OA game dir (which in my case is G:\ArmA2\).

But i want my directory structure to be like this:

G:\ArmA2\@cas\addons\*.* --> symlinks to addons used when playing with "Casual ArmA Players"
G:\ArmA2\@dev\addons\*.* --> symlinks to addons used when i am just messing around the editor
G:\ArmA2\@islands\addons\*.* --> symlinks to all insland addons i am using
G:\ArmA2\Mods\@ACE
G:\ArmA2\Mods\@ACEX
G:\ArmA2\Mods\@ACEX_SM
G:\ArmA2\Mods\@CAA1
G:\ArmA2\Mods\@CBA
G:\ArmA2\Mods\@FDF_Podagorsk
G:\ArmA2\Mods\@FRAN_quesh_kibrul
G:\ArmA2\Mods\@isla_duala
G:\ArmA2\Mods\@JTD

My goal is to have the base ArmA2OA directory less cluttered by all those @addon directories.

So, my question is: "how do i tell 6Updater to download the addon directories into D:\ArmA2\Mods\ instead of D:\ArmA2\" ?

Hello Sickboy,

I have tried to contact you in the last three days, but unfortunately I was not very successful. Your indicated email accounts at dev-heaven.net are not available and I can not send you pms at this forums. Is this a new spam filter or somewhat? ;)

Well, I would like to talk to you and therefore it would be nice if you could contact me through gremlin-labs at web dot de. Thank you. :)

@5133p39; You can do so by adjusting the 'modpath' in Settings->Settings Profiles, and clicking edit at your favorite/in use settings profile.

@Nilmerg; Spam filter for the most part yep :)

In case of project feedback you can use the issue trackers of my projects at dev-heaven.net

Otherwise you can find me on Wave; http://dev-heaven.net/news/459

---------- Post added at 13:40 ---------- Previous post was at 13:33 ----------

Some news re Six Updater:

I've started work on Six Updater 2.0, which is written in IronRuby .NET (Ruby hosted on .NET, with access to all the cool-ness .NET has to offer).

It will be a real application, not a web-service or web-based :)

The objective is a more flexible and user-friendly application.

At this time it is for the most part compatible to the 'old' updater, and shares the same database for now.

Since I am new to .NET I am still geting familair with the tech, and learning along the way.

A pic of latest WIP prototype:

opa5qu_thumb.png

(This is just sketch to get familair with IronRuby, the final product may look (a lot) different)

No ETA set, I finally have some time and motivation for it, so let's see where we get :-)

You can follow progress and comment @ http://dev-heaven.net/projects/six-updater-gui/wiki.

Feature requests at the issue tracker: http://dev-heaven.net/projects/six-updater-gui/issues

Edited by Sickboy

Thank you Sickboy, i already found this solution, but forgot to alter my post here - sorry for that.

Just one probably related problem:

The updater does not show version numbers of currently installed addons

- it shows only numbers of latest version available, but not the numbers of currently installed addons (even directly after i let it update all the mods), why is that ?

It will be a real application, not a web-service or web-based :)

That sounds like a great change :cool:

Good luck mate, can't wait to see where this goes.

Thank you Sickboy, i already found this solution, but forgot to alter my post here - sorry for that.

Just one probably related problem:

The updater does not show version numbers of currently installed addons

- it shows only numbers of latest version available, but not the numbers of currently installed addons (even directly after i let it update all the mods), why is that ?

Hmmm that's odd, how does yours look compared to this?

smrtcm_thumb.png vrzte1_thumb.png

Perhaps it's a problem with custom mod-path support; does it look the same but the current column is just empty or filled with none / 0?

Edited by Sickboy

Hmmm that's odd, how does yours look compared to this?

Perhaps it's a problem with custom mod-path support; does it look the same but the current column is just empty or filled with none / 0?

I am not at home right now (will be tomorrow), so the only difference i can recall from my memory is that instead of version numbers listed under the "Current" column (on the 1st image) i see "none" for all the mods i am using.

But the more i think about it now, i am not sure whether there is "none" or zero - i will post my screenshots tomorrow when i get home (approx. 1200 CET).

Some progress ;-)

ofc501_thumb.png

@5133p39;

Will look into it soon, should be caused by the app not taking the Settings profile modpath into account.

---------- Post added at 17:54 ---------- Previous post was at 17:22 ----------

Okay should be solved as of six-updater-web-0.24.10.

You should get it auto-updated next time you start.

@5133p39;

Will look into it soon, should be caused by the app not taking the Settings profile modpath into account.

Okay should be solved as of six-updater-web-0.24.10.

You should get it auto-updated next time you start.

I just started the updater to take the screenshots i promised, and there it is - fixed as you said.

Thanks!

Another teaser :-)

2whi07a_thumb.png

@ 5133p39: Glad to hear!

I am sure this is a false positive, but Microsoft Security Essentials flags file:C:\Program Files (x86)\Six-Updater\tools\ruby\lib\ruby\gems\1.9.1\gems\haml-3.0.18\test\sass\less_conversion_test.rb as a virus.

http://www.microsoft.com/security/portal/Threat/Encyclopedia/Entry.aspx?name=Exploit:Win32/CVE-2010-3971&threatid=2147641251

Thanks, is a false positive indeed, i've moved the project to haml 3.0.25 and removed the test folder,

please uninstall current version (leave configuration data in tact), and install latest available version @ http://dev-heaven.net/projects/six-arma-updater/files

The library will not be used in Six Updater 2.0.

There go my stats again! :eek:

f38a50_thumb.png

Another teaser for Six Updater 2.0:

sopxy0_thumb.png

Edited by Sickboy