Sign in to follow this  
bangtail

F1 2010 looks interesting (even if it is made by CM).

I don't care what anyone says, Codemasters do make good racing games. DR shouldn't even be brought into this occasion.

Different team, different management.

Yeah, I do apologize mate, but it is that attitude the keep CM selling game after game after game. People say we to complain too much, but the turth is we are too forgiving.

It looks super hot, but I'm hoping for a Forza-like experience, not some arcady crap...or something balanced.

BTW this topic is more about small-minded CM flaming than discussing the game...:rolleyes:

All the evidence points to this turning out exactly how "that other game" did.

But fine, buy another CM product, find out it's broken and under-featured, and then get abandoned by them after 1 or 2 patches. I don't think there's been a game of theirs yet that hasn't had this happen, and I don't see why they would change their winning formula for this game. It doesn't matter to them, they already have your money... Again.

Zipper is God.

@Ziiip, I honestly don't mean to sound elitist or anything bud, but you are the kind of market they are aiming for. I race alot in real life, (own an international racing licence), and I am a hard core sim racer.

I am afraid Forza is completely unrealistic. Sure, it's fun, and has more realism than NFS, but it is only console realistic.

This F1 game is like Dragon Rising. They are bragging that they are selling it to the hardcore simulation fans, but we all know it will be crap. Only less hardcore racers think it will be good. (Honestly, no offence intended!)

I have been involved in real racing for a long time, and this game is not a simulation.

It might actually be a good game, and really fun, (Highly doubt it), but the fact CM *LIE* and say it's a sim, really annoys me.

Even some of the guys on the sim racing forums think it looks good, they all take the piss out of me when I warn them, but none of them know what happened with Dragon Rising and how CM treat their customers...

But the same marketing/PR team, for all we know. And that's what got people to buy DR, wasn't it? All that false marketing and PR. I, for one, don't care if they may have had some decent driving games in the past (which weren't "great" compared to other titles), they still pump bullshit into the public eye. They're frauds.

It is what it is, if you want to throw your dummy out the pram because of one title fair enough. I am however basing my opinion on the fun and playable racing games they have released in the past.

I believe codemasters are good at what they do, and thats release good console racing games.

If bis made a racing game and turned out to be a failure like DR, would you all drop your bags and leave?

It's not one title. This kind of "support" they've shown for "that other game" has been the same for each of their titles. Perhaps the game itself might be decent, which "that other game" didn't even achieve, but the support is always terrible and nearing fraudulent.

Anyone here buying the game before having played the demo, should be banned from this forums for plain ignorance :)

^This. People think too little about what they're purchasing nowadays...

They are also making good games and this could be one of those

like OFP DR...:D