Sign in to follow this  
fish44

ARMA 2 and VAC (Voice Activated Commands)

Looks like something that would definitely help me use the command system.

Unfortunately I have a Dutch W7(64) home premium OS and the speech recognition is not included in that language/version. Is there a way to get around this issue?

Just fyi, I have posted my second version of my Arma 2 profile hosted on there main site. Loads of new commands and some new features (combo orders).

It will probably save you guys allot of time both ingame or in VACbuilder if youre planing to make your own.

The profile is meant for CTI, but it can now both work in single player and high command levels. Because the voice orders are multi choice and multi hierarchy (more than one way to get to the top) I am guessing there is more than 700 individual commands by now with less than 20 being one word. They are all based on logic, speed and balance (removing the chance of wrong orders being execute by similar words etc).

I also added a single player test mission so you can get the full experience of ordering a 12 unit high command group with a 12 member full squad, or just read the map notes to learn the profile orders and so on.

You can get ArmA2_default_V2.zip profile here:

http://www.dwvac.com/profiles.html

Just fyi, I have posted my second version of my Arma 2 profile hosted on there main site. Loads of new commands and some new features (combo orders).

It will probably save you guys allot of time both ingame or in VACbuilder if youre planing to make your own.

The profile is meant for CTI, but it can now both work in single player and high command levels. Because the voice orders are multi choice and multi hierarchy (more than one way to get to the top) I am guessing there is more than 700 individual commands by now with less than 20 being one word. They are all based on logic, speed and balance (removing the chance of wrong orders being execute by similar words etc).

I also added a single player test mission so you can get the full experience of ordering a 12 unit high command group with a 12 member full squad, or just read the map notes to learn the profile orders and so on.

You can get ArmA2_default_V2.zip profile here:

http://www.dwvac.com/profiles.html

Wow man you must have put a lot of work into that! Right now i'm using fishes version but I cant wait to learn yours.

gonna take me a bit to learn it though, seems complex, hopefully it becomes second nature like fishes, his was easy to learn becuase i'm so used to hearing the ingame "1, 2, 3..IS...TEAM RED". so it was easy for me to just imitate that haha

from reading the readme it looks like this is going to really make ordering my units even easier than with fishes version. Anyways really good job on man :ok:

Wait a Second this isn´t Freeware? What a shame...

Wait a Second this isn´t Freeware? What a shame...

It's a free 30 day trial.. if you use it that long and still like it why wouldn't you want to support the devs that worked to create it? its only 20 dollars.

Because I´m way faster with my Keyboard^^

Is there some freeware Programm that could do the same?

Wow man you must have put a lot of work into that! Right now i'm using fishes version but I cant wait to learn yours.

gonna take me a bit to learn it though, seems complex, hopefully it becomes second nature like fishes, his was easy to learn becuase i'm so used to hearing the ingame "1, 2, 3..IS...TEAM RED". so it was easy for me to just imitate that haha

from reading the readme it looks like this is going to really make ordering my units even easier than with fishes version. Anyways really good job on man :ok:

Thx man. :D

Its easier to learn in the training mission I provided with the zip file because most of the basic commands (similar to the setup in the readme file), both squad and high command, are on the map notes area.

It took me about a week to finish v2. :)

EDIT:

I havent tried Fishes profile, but I did view hes youtube video, which was a great video demonstration, but I would probably say thats its likely that my profile, since its origin is from PvP CTI, and from what I could tell of hes profile in the video that mine is faster once you get the basics down.

Btw, if you prefer using "Is Team X" instead of "Assign Team X" you just have to go into VACbuilder category General orders. Find "Assign Team X" and put the "Is Team X" into there Activation phrase window in the bottom left. It will only take you a few sec. I use "Assign Team X" because thats whats is written in Menu 9. Just remember after saving you have to turn the profile on/off again for VACsystem to load the new commands. (Green light on off, not restart the program.)

If you use the voice command "Team X Menu" you will get a list of all the commands ingame. This a normal Arma 2 function, but you can from that list mostly tell what the voice orders are gonna be like because its ether whats written there, or something your players says ingame when doing the order. For example I didnt use the word "Stop" alone, but instead opted for the none voice software confusing "do not move", which the squad leader says allot under F, 1, 6. command.

Edited by JojoTheSlayer

Tonic, I have a challenge for you.

With a 12 man squad. At first contact I want you to run forward while suppressing the enemy.

Select every member, assign them from white to another team. (All -- assign team red)

Then select 1-4 and put them in another team. (F keys are faster now) (Assign team blue)

Then I want you to put everyone in, aware, keep low, line formation and scan horizon. (All teams infantry mode)

Now, youre still shooting right? Anyway, now I want you to send one team forward and one to flank. (Team Red advance) (Team blue flank right)

The moment one of yours goes down and need a medic I want you to order one soldier to heal him. (two heal now)

But remember to suppress the enemy with one or more of your troops... (eleven suppressive fire)

Once the contact is over I want everyone back as fast as possible. Aka, set to safe and return to formation. (All teams return NOW)

Once out of the area you put them back on aware to slow it down. (All teams stay frosty)

If you can do all that while suppressing and killing the enemy faster with keys than my profile, or someones similar, I will agree with you on your case and maybe suggest you travel to Korea and start playing StarCraft :D.

Edited by JojoTheSlayer

OK I surrender, thts is really too much stuff going on :D

Hi gents!

could anyone help me to resolve a problem: I can't use VAC with the JojoTheSlayer's profile.

arma doesn't response to any command that I tell.

But phrase testing in the VAC bulder goes withount any big problem..

And other games, such as IL-2 Forgotten battles, works well with the VAC and theirs profiles.

Seems to me the problem appeared after I've installed my new videocard (ATI 5870). But I can't anderstand what is the cause exactly.

Win 7 x64 corporate russian

ARMA II build: 1.05.62017

A.C.E build: 1.1.1.356

sorry for my English...

Edited by FrAG_archer

Hi gents!

could anyone help me to resolve a problem: I can't use VAC with the JojoTheSlayer's profile.

arma doesn't response to any command that I tell.

But phrase testing in the VAC bulder goes withount any big problem..

And other games, such as IL-2 Forgotten battles, works well with the VAC and theirs profiles.

Seems to me the problem appeared after I've installed my new videocard (ATI 5870). But I can't anderstand what is the cause exactly.

Win 7 x64 corporate russian

ARMA II build: 1.05.62017

A.C.E build: 1.1.1.356

sorry for my English...

If everything works it could just be that the profile is on, but not listening.

If the profile is on (P = loaded, Green o = active ) it could still not respond if its listening toggled off (insert key). I recommend setting a sound file for the "Assign VAC sound On" (alt + v). Because then you know the profile is on and all you have to do is press "insert" once or twice. Also, you can turn both of these settings to nothing if you like.

Hmm, now that I think about it. I think VACbuilder, the software, is hardware dependent. That means IF you have change hardware the software needs a new key, which you dont need to pay for btw. Go to the web page and read the Faq or similar. I also think the newest version of VAC has some addition that makes changing hardware etc key and so on much easier...

Sorry for delay, but profile above is what i use.

It would not take much to costomise it to your needs.

Cheers.

This is pretty amazing. Reaching for all the number buttons when commanding AI is a major immersion kill. A simple fix to an annoying problem.

This is pretty amazing. Reaching for all the number buttons when commanding AI is a major immersion kill. A simple fix to an annoying problem.

Whats great is you can do other cool stuff as well.

*Use voice commands to start sound mp3 tracks or similar.

*Combine the orders with programs like Autohotkey.

For example in my personal build I use a Autohotkey script while I am playing. When I want to add something on the map I just use a voice command that ads what I want, but also presses the key to trigger the script that ads a time stamp from the windows clock to the end of the text.

*All the combo tricks you can do are also sweet.

I've been using VAC for about 6 months now.. maybe more. I love it and can't play ArmA without it. Maybe I'll make a video of a mission I play with it.

Wow both Shoot and Pilfius seems to be useless with windows 7.

Edited by XxEnigmAxX

You can try Windows Speech Recognition Macros (I hate promoting MS but at least it is free - Win Vista/7 only)

Some macros of my own (download), just copy those to your WSRM folder (after installing it ofc), usualy:

C:\Users\<User>\Documents\Speech Macros

Train your profile properly for better results. In terms of recognition it should be the same as other solutions at least those relying on Windows SAPI.

You might have to set Security Level in WSRM Settings to Low (right click WSRM system tray icon), or simply create a signature certificate and sign the included files with your certificate.

Not doing anything shady here, just open files in notepad they're xml that you can in fact costumise with you own words if you will. Remember that one command might have more than one trigger sentence, to improve results remove all those that you don't use.

enjoy it :)

You can try Windows Speech Recognition Macros (I hate promoting MS but at least it is free - Win Vista/7 only)

Some macros of my own (download), just copy those to your WSRM folder (after installing it ofc), usualy:

C:\Users\<User>\Documents\Speech Macros

Train your profile properly for better results. In terms of recognition it should be the same as other solutions at least those relying on Windows SAPI.

You might have to set Security Level in WSRM Settings to Low (right click WSRM system tray icon), or simply create a signature certificate and sign the included files with your certificate.

Not doing anything shady here, just open files in notepad they're xml that you can in fact costumise with you own words if you will. Remember that one command might have more than one trigger sentence, to improve results remove all those that you don't use.

enjoy it :)

nice, it works, sortof. just a little trouble selecting "all", on my keyboard it's ~ and not \, now sortof fixed.

Edited by Leon86

Yes... running a portuguese keyboard here. Forgot about that.

No readme, no instructions, you have to open the files to know what phrases to use (though I try to follow Arma ones), not exacly publish ready, just wanted to give you guys a start off, customize, customize.

It works quite well, but those are some big-ass scripts. not sure I'm up for doing so much scripting.

But I guess I'll remove what I dont use. The only things I really use are the formations, all-> danger and engage at will.

maybe I'll make a script that does "all combat mode danger" and "all engage at will" when I scream panic panic! :)

Don't blame me... blame copy-paste feature of notepad for their size.

Some nasty API there, actually a forgotten one, that thing is not updated since years.

If you're into it, I recall that:

"?" stand for a word you might say optionaly.

"*" stand for *any word* you might say (also optionaly).

<appIsInForeground processName="arma2oa.exe"/>

self-explanatory change to "executable-name.exe" as fit

the reference I used.

Dispite some bugs, it was a nice thing to play with.

Edited by gammadust