Sign in to follow this  
TH3_T3ST_SUBJ3CT

error shader model 2 not supported any more

i just got the game today, whenever i start the game this message pops up and is really pissing me off

my system specs are;

manufacture: TOSHIBA

processor: AMD athlon 64 X2 dual-core processor tk-57 1.90 GHz

memory (RAM): 2.00 GB

and a 32-bit operating system

also i am running windows vista

now i know its not the best but its good enough

does anyone know what the message is about and how to get rid of it?

oh and pleaze no flaming over the idea that my pc isnt as good as your pc because it doesnt help anyone and i dont care.

From the looks of it your machine doesnt have a good enough graphics card, is it a laptop? Even with the addition of a decent graphics card I think arma2 is going to run really badly on that system spec :(

Yep. Unfortunately that message means that your graphics card is too old for arma 2 (your graphics card doesn't support shafer model 3.0 or directx 9)

i cant see how my graphics card is too old because the laptop is less than a year old its self... a new graphics card, thats not about to happen :( already looked into it a new graphics card would need a new mother board and that would just be too expensive:mad:

Given the fact you didn't list the graphics card I'm going to guess it's an on-board one. These are far too weak and don't support the required technologies.

i cant see how my graphics card is too old because the laptop is less than a year old its self... a new graphics card, thats not about to happen :( already looked into it a new graphics card would need a new mother board and that would just be too expensive:mad:

Its not that its too old, more that it just doesnt support the technology needed to run arma2 (shader model 3). You would need a monster of a laptop to be able to run arma2 properly.

You would need a monster of a laptop to be able to run arma2 properly.

0d6de5b3.jpg

That was my old laptop before I got my desktop. It could barely run ArmA on close-to-lowest settings. I'd hate to see what would happen to it if I ran ArmA II on it...

Sadly your rig is far too underpowered, age means nothing... I could buy a brand new lappy now for $500 aus and it wouldn't run OFP let alone Armed Assault or A2.

Spend $3-4000aus on a lappy and you could run A2.

Well, my labtop is around $500 and it runs Arma 2 decent enough that i can play it. And its primarily a school/work labtop.

Well, my labtop is around $500 and it runs Arma 2 decent enough that i can play it. And its primarily a school/work labtop.

Do you realize you are answering thread that was dead for 6years?