Sign in to follow this  
max power

Addon Research Topic 2

Hi guys, i was wondering if any of you could help me identify which version of AWM this one is?

Photo

Looks to be just the Arctic Warfare in .308, folding stock with aftermarket piccatinny mount and factory forend rail.

forend-rail.jpg

Here's a pic of the rail, obviously ignore the barrel and caliber in the pic.

Edited by Sabre

Hi guys, i was wondering if any of you could help me identify which version of AWM this one is?

Photo

That's Custom AW with side rails or AE MKII with 27" barrel

Photo

Its an AW chambered for 7.62/.308 with the 26" barrel. Its not anything larger because the barrel isn't tapered and fluted, the muzzle brake is too small for .338.

EDIT: And the reciever and top rail shape is the "newer" AW shape. Not the same rounded shape of the cheaper AE series.

@RH you wouldnt want to use an AE in those sorts of conditions. AE's are the cheaper versions intended for sport or police use in temperate climates. AW's are designed to work in temperature extremes. They hold up better in the heat and cold. Not to mention the dust.

Edited by RKSL-Rock

Thanks for help, it's much appreciated.

anybody got a good side view picture of the kite night sight?

anybody got a good side view picture of the kite night sight?

You're modelling one too eh?

Wouldn't mind a few decent pics of one myself, but I'll PM you the ones I've used so-far (got an alright top-view to substitute for a side-on).

Probably a strange question but does anyone by chance know the "Universal" font used on aircraft?

I thought it was arial at first but the text on the bottom (the keypad and gauges) of this picture http://www.flickr.com/photos/pawg/3657704673/sizes/o/ shows otherwise and I have yet to find a font that matches or looks close enough.

http://vespira.sdf1.org/mi-24-cockpit2.jpg

http://walkarounds.airforce.ru/avia/rus/kamov/ka-50/airforce_ru_ka-50_83.jpg

Naturally I'm looking for it myself and if that fails then how to make one myself but if it does exist and someone knows then I would greatly appreciate the info.

Edited by NodUnit

Does anyone have any high quality preferably seamless swatches of Russian desert or temperate camouflage? I need some to stick on a 6B13.

Would anyone message me diagrams of russian Aircraft mounted gunpods please e.g sppu-22-1 or sppu-687 Cheers!

what chest rigs or whatever are these guys wearing

cr2d9.jpg

cr4Ii.jpg

not the vest, the err..

what chest rigs or whatever are these guys wearing

cr2d9.jpg

cr4Ii.jpg

not the vest' date=' the err..[/quote']

that is a US pistol belt and suspenders with Russian AK pouches, canteens and a butt pack attached to them.

I think this is the most appropriate thread for this:

I know it's a long shot asking for this here, but here goes. It'd be really great if I could find someone with knowledge of the following (doesn't have to be the same person for both):

- knowledge of the (written) Persian language, able to translate simple words and phrases, and able to transliterate between Perso-Arabic script and romanized Persian.

- knowledge of Modern Greek, able to translate simple words and phrases, able to transliterate between the Greek alphabet and romanized Greek.

If you're interested, please PM me. It's absolutely no commitment and no stress. I only need to translate small phrases and individual words and names, not long texts or anything. I can't guarantee the project this is for will ever be publicly released, as it's pretty big, but if it is released you would obviously be credited for your contributions.

what vests are the USMC FR, and Delta force wearing? from a2 and oa

The North Korean Handbook is an incredible resource if anyone is making a mod about North Korea.

It has everything from battle tactics and formations, to uniforms and insignia, to a detailed list of every known vehicle and weapon used by the North Korean Military.

It even has an appendix with basic korean words and phrases.

www.dia.mil/publicaffairs/Foia/nkor.pdf

Ignore the "Official Use Only" bit, it's from their Freedom of Information Act page

http://www.dia.mil/publicaffairs/Foia/foia.htm

Might also be helpful for others as there are some line drawings and info about Soviet vehicles, since NK uses so much Russian made equipment.

Edited by laserpanda

to transliterate between the Greek alphabet and romanized Greek..

I think I can manage this, though I can't help with (much) of the rest of your requests I'm afraid. Send me a PM with what you need, and I'll do what I can.

what vests are the USMC FR' date=' and Delta force wearing? from a2 and oa[/quote']

The FR are wearing the Rhodesian Reconnaissance Vest if memory serves me correctly (just off the top of my head). The Assault FR guys have a hybrid of the [/url] with paca low vis body armor and the Eagle Industries Plate Carrier.

I'm not sure what vest the OA Delta is using, probably just some hybrid plate carrier with paca low vis body armor.

Now in RL, the last known delta pic I've found is ~2006. It is known that Delta loves Paraclete(now MSA) armor. They usually have OD green vests:

th_untitled-1.jpgth_delta3-1-1.jpgth_215yv.jpg

But they also wear a variety of other chest rigs and vests:

th_mayflowerdude.jpgth_kyle1-1.jpg

one more haha.. what are these seals wearing

Looks like the Eagle Industries Plate Carrier.

As a general rule of thumb the rest of US SOF units use Eagle Industries vests:

Army Special Forces typically use the Eagle CIRAS vest (maritime version usually) in Khaki Tan.

Rangers use the a modified Eagle Plate Carrier with Cummerbund in Ranger Green.

SEALs also use a variety of Eagle kit' date=' from the plate carrier to the Rhodesian Reconnaissance Vest

Now, this is just a general rule of thumb because this is what their service issued vests are. However, I have seen Army SF guys wearing the latest Crye CAGE armor, Rangers wearing some unknown khaki soft/hard armor with a chest rig, and SEALs wearing kit from MSA, Eagle, Blackhawk, etc.

Edited by TheRev709

Any information (Design specs, detailed pictures, samples of paint used etc) on the LCU-1600 class you can find.

Edited by Darkhorse 1-6

Wondering if anyone knows the current armament of the USS Nimitz. The sites and pictures I've come across say/show different things. If possible, how many of each (sea sparrow, RAM, phalanx) and placement.

Wondering if anyone knows the current armament of the USS Nimitz. The sites and pictures I've come across say/show different things. If possible, how many of each (sea sparrow, RAM, phalanx) and placement.

Armament 3 Sea Sparrow-SAM, Starting with CVAN-70 4 20mm CIWS, 90 Aircraft.

according to this site

http://www.navsource.org/archives/02/68.htm