marseille77

German Misc Pack released

What do you think about these Addons?  

172 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think about these Addons?

Cool

Now some "Polizeiruf 110"-themed missions please :D:D

@Marseille77:

Nice :D I haven't seen such a vehicle for nearly 20 years now.

Now we need discounter stores! Aldi, Lidl, Penny, Rewe :D ... and Aral, Shell, BFT, Avac fuel stations ... T-Points, employment exchanges ...

Edited by [GLT] Legislator

@Marseille77:

Nice :D I haven't seen such a vehicle for nearly 20 years now.

Inspired by this Picture. My Father drove a blue Lada from 1979 - 1986... (and that in West Germany)

vopo-mw-lada2103-vo.jpg

I've got some paa's that I created for Myke's GLT Sign addon. I can send them to you if you wish so you can use that textures on new signs.

Legislator your textures are very funny :D... but the election advertise by the CDU is really good..

I love this pack!! :D

Keep up the good work!

And (as suggested some pages earlier) please consider making WWII signs and objects. Would be absolutely fantastic!

LADA Addon updated!

Here some work in Progress:

buldozer201002080136195.png

feH55 phonebox

buldozer201002080137495.png

Streugutkiste (sandbox for winter)

buldozer201002081926089.jpg

Bus stop hall

next steps...

- Guard house for Bundeswehr bases

- some new signs

Those textures look to much like being painted. Try to mix in some real structure. How you can achieve that is described here.

The post box is a bit too bright/too cold. The actual color is "RAL 1032 Ginstergelb", that's a bit darker and warmer. The hex code in the Deutsche Post logo on Wikipedia is #FFCB05.

a nice site in German who explained the different yellow color tones of the West German Post.

http://www.postmoped.de/pages/color.php

Great objects!

But the postbox looks like the model has non-sharp Faces. Select your model and hit "U" to to sharpen the edges. The result will be astonishing.

And, well... perhaps you should stroll along this tutorial of mine to get a few tips and tricks for making your objects looking even more realistic.

Keep it up! :)

BTW: Celle v.1.1 with Framework Houses has been released, so perhaps your promo-screens look even more "germany-like" with those houses in the background.

Thanks Mondkalb. I've read your tutorial and taken some textures from your favorite site. It's what I'm ever looking for :).

Yes the letterbox was remodeled and I've forgotten to sharp some edges on the box, sorry. I make addons with sketchup.

Did you make the roadmarkers or these are vanilla pieces?

Have someone a good source about East German signs in the same quality like the wiki pics?

Edited by Marseille77

@Marseille77:

Where can I get the East German troops from your signature? Is this Project 85 by Vilas?

Tino

Edited by TBuck

@Marseille77:

Where can I get the East German troops from your signature? Is this Project 85 by Vilas?

Tino

Yes they are. He released/converted them for ArmA II few month ago. Latest update November 2009. You can find them under Vilas Release Thread. You have to download all four packs (config, vehicles, weapons, troop). Find in the editor under OPFOR -> P85 - ....

Here a picture taken on Celle 1.1

http://img15.imageshack.us/img15/816/arma22010021016082042.png 777 kb

Edited by W0lle

What about this: http://www.inlife.de/blog/wp-content/feuerwehr.jpg

or http://www.aktionsgemeinschaft-l361n.de/Bilder/Beschilderung/1_Zieverich.jpg

Then there is the extensive area of construction warning signs: http://www.busch-model.com/katalog/bilder/6048.jpg

Maybe you can also do a Verkehrsinsel:

ek7qlqjw.jpg

Another idea (no clue how much work that would be to create all kinds of curves): pieces of sidewalk, that mapmakers can use to create a proper, sharp road edge instead of only the smoothed slope which the terrain map allows. Therefore the sidewalk piece would have to incorporate the curb stone, gutter and a rather wide piece of pedestrian walkway to cover the sloped part of the terrain map. Would work like the harbor waterfront objects.

And you could do west german and east german variations, cheap concrete or expensive granite paving etc.

tjjw5n2m.png

I'm just collecting ideas, not demanding to do it. If you think this is all BS, just tell me to shut up :yay:

I'm just collecting ideas, not demanding to do it. If you think this is all BS, just tell me to shut up :yay:

No, it's ok. I've had the idea also because i will build some roads like Legionary at OFP times in the future.

Hmmm we need some german cars too. May I ask if you can take the VW Golf of ArmA II and reskin/remodel it to the new VW Polo 2009 edition? :D Metallic blue please :D

I've lineup now my Addon a little bit. Links in first post are also updated.

German Misc Pack 1.2.1 (without signs now)

Download

German Sign Pack 1.0 (now standalone addon)

Download