Sign in to follow this  
Leopoldo

ARMA 2 CTD but still running in Task Manager

I get this fairly often and now it seems as if it simply occurs after a certain amount of time even without any gaming going on.

Last night I left my machine on with Arma 2 running at the main meu by mistake. When I woke up in the morning the game had apparently crashed but it was actually still running the arma2.exe in the task manager.

This problem/render window dying bug seem to be happening a lot post 1.05 and is ruining long game sessions :(

You could try setting your page file to :

Initial size : 8gb

Max size : 30gb (if you have enough free disk space)

I can't say it'll work for sure, but if Arma is flooding the page file and windows isn't adjusting to a new commit size then there's a chance that's what's causing the issue. Raising the max size of the page file to a manual size could at least prevent the crash from occuring for a while.

I have noticed that this happens much much more frequently while I'm running

the game in windowed mode.

A couple of days i put the game into windowed mode and the game started with its CTDs much more frequently.

Then when i returned to fullscreen mode (by deleting the cfg file)

the CTDs stopped.

Not trying to resurrect a dying thread but despite the 'flush' trick working for me as a temporary workaround, BIS should really be looking to fix this issue properly. Is anyone still getting it? For some reason I only started getting it since using OA. Plain Arma 2 never did it, although it did CTD occasionally which was different.

I'm running an i7 920, 6GB RAM and a GTX 260 with latest drivers (258.96 WHQL), although I tried multiple drivers going back to 185.85 without seeing any difference in symptoms. HT and V-sync both off. To be honest it's smooth as glass on Takistan and my CPU/GPU temps are fine so I don't believe it's a workload or heat problem. Never had the problem in any other games so it's got to be Arma/OA related.

i still have it.

it all began on me with patch 1.05.

never had it before,and it only effects me in the nighttime.

in any mission or even when i was in the menu and it was at night my game ctd. with oa it was getting a little bit better,but its still there.

Im also having problems with Arma2 CO + BAF crashing to desktop but still running in taskmanager.

If i switch back to Arma2 i can hear the sound but see only my desktop, pressing esc switches sound on/off (ingame pause menu) and pressing lmb i hear the gun firing so it (arma2) is running just fine but without picture. I have to end it in taskmanager. RPT file shows nothing out of the ordinary.

Intel i7 930

6Gb RAM

HD5870 Vapor-X

Win7 64

Same here but the SHIFT - (numeric keypad) flush, brings the game back and working normal again.