I know there is a group of infected in the Resistance list.

What im asking you is, is there a way to RESPAWN that infected group once there all dead.

So there can be wave after wave coming.

What im asking you is, is there a way to RESPAWN that infected group once there all dead.

I think you can easly do that by just creating a new group (scripting basics) + assign a new waypoint to them... so you can just keep zeds coming.

It's mission maker's thing to do, not mod's creator.

Anyone else having problems downloading and extracting the complete mod?

I've DL'ed from ARMAinfo 2 times and filefront 1 time only to have it say file chnundead.pbo corrupt.

The other stuff unpacks fine though.

Gonna try the broken DL now.

Thank you for giving us this mod!

Great mod and the infection idea is simply stunning.But I don't think I understand very well how the infection is spreading.I did this:

1.Place the Infected module.

2.Place ALICE module for zeds to have food.

3.Place infected people in a few towns.

4.Place infected location gamelogic(don't really know what this does).

What I noticed is that the zeds are doing their job well,infecting people in those towns then after a while they come for my base.So far so good,then I decide to clean those infected towns and when I arrive I notice everything is normal random npcs walking around and no infected around(it's like zeds packed their bags to come at my base).

I have some questions for you Charon or anyone who knows this:

1.How exactly this infection thing works?

2.How can I have those infected towns to stay infected and pump zeds?

3.And last,for ex. if I have 2 infected towns how can I make them to migrate to other towns and infect them instead of coming to me right the way?

A List of The Undead Mod Scripts would be nice :)

also, the zeds seem to ignore this script: this addEventHandler ["handleDamage", { false } ];

that script makes the player immortal but the zeds still posses the ability to kill the scripted user

Edited by That guy Over there

Awesome mod, really enjoying it so far!

This may seem like a odd request, but would it be possible for the next release to have fast and slow zombies separated? So it would be possible to use both sets in the same mission. I'm not sure how you've set up reanimation and whatnot so I don't know if this is a reasonable request or not...

I agree with you on that...an excellent feature of the Farmlands Zombie Mod from Flashpoint classic (spawn a certain number of random zombies who would then execute the infection module and then come straight for you). Is there any possible way of integrating such a feature into a future release? :confused:

Other than that, this mod has been everything I'd hoped for thus far. Thanks again!!! :D

Hey Charon, I love this undeadsong1 thing you added, gets me really edgy in missions = ). If possible could you add more songs in the future? and possibly longer tracks as well?

To all posts,

Indeed.

---------- Post added at 11:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:28 PM ----------

How do I use ze modules provided in ze pack of ze zombies?

To all posts,

Indeed.

---------- Post added at 11:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:28 PM ----------

How do I use ze modules provided in ze pack of ze zombies?

F7, select UNDEAD INFECTED, and UNDEAD ZOMBIES and place them on the map. :p

I'm also wondering about fast/slow zombies.

Which ones in the list are which? And how do I confine it to that?

Also, if we're not meant to allow females to get infected (as per the readme), how do we stop this when using ALICE as well? Doesn't it just spawn females anyway?

I get an error regarding a 'damsel' model, presumable when she is infected. Any ideas?

My big question, here; is there a way to update this mod without re-download? I'm on 64K. Anyone got a mirror up I can use AddonSync on?

Cheers.

I'm wondering how exactly to use 'CHN_UNDEAD_FRIENDLYFIR'? I think its supposed to go in init.sqf but I don't know the command to get it to work.

It's a really good mod though. I had a wilhelm scream moment irl when infected began to dash out at me from within the house I had retreated into.

I've done few tests today, planning on doing 1 huge experiment tomorrow with huge city (surround it with Blufor barricades/checkpoints and kill ANYTHING (civilians, animals and ofcourse zombies) leaving city's borders, to prevent any futher infections... my goal is to check how many zombies can infected city spawn. I will describe my "discoveries" on the end of this post, I will answer to Krycek first.

Great mod and the infection idea is simply stunning.But I don't think I understand very well how the infection is spreading.I did this:

1.Place the Infected module.

2.Place ALICE module for zeds to have food.

3.Place infected people in a few towns.

4.Place infected location gamelogic(don't really know what this does).

What I noticed is that the zeds are doing their job well,infecting people in those towns then after a while they come for my base.So far so good,then I decide to clean those infected towns and when I arrive I notice everything is normal random npcs walking around and no infected around(it's like zeds packed their bags to come at my base).

3.And last,for ex. if I have 2 infected towns how can I make them to migrate to other towns and infect them instead of coming to me right the way?

At first:

Infected - fast zeds,

Zombies - slow zeds,

(at least that's what I saw by messing around with units)

This is what you have to do:

1) Place Infected Module,

2) Place 1 infected unit (or even better, whole group of infected) in middle of city,

3) Place civilian (or group of them) close to infected, or somewhere in city (If you want it to be infected fast, place it nearby),

Repeat step 3 for each of other cities.

DON'T EVEN THINK ABOUT USING ALICE WITH IT !!!

Why ?

I've used it at my first try, it failed pretty fast. Yea, zombies were infecting cities, but super slowly ! And only these where I was ! It took them 20 - 30 minutes to infect new city ! That's way too slow compared to what you get with just placing civilians without ALICE.

Also, some of civilians were bugged (or something) and couldn't be killed by zombies, they were roaming them but doing nothing, just running around 'em - ALICE fails.

And last thing, Alice provides zeds unlimited food, this doesn't only lead to huge CPU costs (after a while, long one) but it keep zombies in one place, and we don't want this in early infection phase.

Now you may think that without high number of new civilians there won't be many zombies, right ? You are wrong. I've placed 2 infected in a village and a group of civilians (7 maybe), then I populated other villages with civilians but not with any of infected.

After a while I decided to check a town from a safe distance (the first one that was infected), I thought I will see 5-9 zombies inside, I was so wrong.

I saw about 20-40 zombies roaming in village, I shot one from high distance (500-600 meters) and whole swarm started running after me, epic -died ofcourse but who cares.

Solution ?

Do what I've said to do when placing modules etc, and create your own spawning script for civilians, which check if any zombies are in area, if no then spawn some civilians... That's what we need right now ;), civilian spawning script in "clear" towns.

Now, about my weird thingies I discovered today ;)

1) Noticed some groups of infected traveling OUTSIDE of the map ! They were heading to the north of Chernorus, leaving borders of the map and keep moving towards north.

2) Infected are working on custom maps, pretty much flawlessly (infecting cities, spawning infected, moving from town to town), etc.

There was 3rd point, but I can't remember what I wanted to type :S...

Anyway, mod is GREAT !

It's really fun for any zombie fan ;) .

Edited by avager

Thanks Avager, I just picked that up then.

Yeah, I noticed it's a bit funny with ALICE. How many zombies are needed for a town to be marked as 'infected'?

And do you know of any such scripts that you mentioned?

Edit: Avager, maybe try lowering the time it takes for infection? Couldn't that theoretically speed up the spread?

Lovin' the mod.

Zombies can't seem to hurt you in, say, a HMMWV?

Edit:

RapidContainment1c and Undead Chernogorsk10 are requiring TroopMon.

I can't for the life of me get the infection spreading across Chernarus. It's just so slow? Even with ALICE and/or groups of civilians placed around.

Edited by HateDread

Thanks Avager, I just picked that up then.

Yeah, I noticed it's a bit funny with ALICE. How many zombies are needed for a town to be marked as 'infected'?

And do you know of any such scripts that you mentioned?

Edit: Avager, maybe try lowering the time it takes for infection? Couldn't that theoretically speed up the spread?

Lovin' the mod.

Edit:

I can't for the life of me get the infection spreading across Chernarus. It's just so slow? Even with ALICE and/or groups of civilians placed around.

The infection is slow indeed, but they are traveling across the WHOLE of chernarus on foot mind you, you can't expect them to get to say Chernogorsk from the mountain tops up north, you just need to have the patience to allow them to do what they do

For the troopmon requirement:

go to the mission.sqm and open it with Notepad find "chn_troopmon" and remove it, save, and hopfully without conflict it should work

now for my questions:

1. as i am to lazy to go searching through "Monsters and zombies and so on" thread to find the script, what is the script where you start up as Infected (not playing as a infected but you will become a infected in XX)

2. Do custom Medics (those added by mods) still carry the antidote? (i forgot whether the feature is still in or absent)

Edited by That guy Over there

Are the modules automatically spawning zbies?

What is the difference between Infected and ZBies?

---------- Post added at 04:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:03 AM ----------

Furthermore, you need to work on the attack distance and timing of attacks.

(Other than that)When people say that someone is that man, you asre the man he is trying to be.

New Fav Mod.

Rayers, Zombies are Slow, Infected are fast.

He's doing bloody well, all things considered (:

How do I change infection speed? I saw a variable somewhere but I lost it.

Edited by HateDread

I'm wondering how exactly to use 'CHN_UNDEAD_FRIENDLYFIR'? I think its supposed to go in init.sqf but I don't know the command to get it to work.

It's a really good mod though. I had a wilhelm scream moment irl when infected began to dash out at me from within the house I had retreated into.

I couldn't enable the friendly fire either. I tried the following line in my test missions init.sqf "player setvariable ["CHN_UNDEAD_FRIENDLYFIR",true];". I did try some other variations of this too but still couldn't get it to work.

From howto.txt "The infection timer can be changed with the global variable

CHN_INFCOUNTER= SoManyAsYouWish seconds (default is 420 seconds)"

I haven't tested this script with the zombies yet but it might do the trick. Try searching for "AI respawn group and move to WP script" from the Armaholic editing and templates section.

Edited by Dogmeat of Finland

Is it advisable to place zombies, infected, etc, in those pre-made groups, or run them seperate? Same for civilians who will later be attacked - in groups or solo?

Hey Charon, I love this undeadsong1 thing you added, gets me really edgy in missions = ). If possible could you add more songs in the future? and possibly longer tracks as well?

Sure i gladly do it, there was just not enough time. Am a musician in RL and usually write tracks like this, so it is fun to do it ;)

@Karamazov: CHN_UNDEAD_FRIENDLYFIR=true;

in your init.sqf will make your player character take friendly fire damage.

@Dogmeat of Finland:

It`s a global variable, not a variable space thing.

@HateDread:

Which list are you talking about?

Under the resistance side there is infected (fast) and zombies (slow) types.

A town will be marked infected when the first human dies from the infection or the zed attacks IN that village.

That`s intentional. They will damage the vehicle until the point that it won`t move anymore, forcing you to get out by yourself ;)

There is a fix on that in the first post of this thread that does not need TroopMon.

I seriously recommend you and EVERYONE else to read the documentation, your answer is in there:

CHN_INFCOUNTER=420; (default)

@avager:

Your thoughts are correct.

I consider writing something like a civilian spawn module for the map, that does not clog CPU with them doing stuff or constant respawns.

There is one more point to the functionality of this that you might have missed. It`s the envoys.

If you place a group of 12 zeds in a village then the first new infected will not join that group but become an envoy to be sent to the nearest uninfected town that contains at minimum a single civilian.

@That guy Over there:

1. as i am to lazy to go searching through "Monsters and zombies and so on" thread to find the script, what is the script where you start up as Infected (not playing as a infected but you will become a infected in XX)

2. Do custom Medics (those added by mods) still carry the antidote? (i forgot whether the feature is still in or absent)

_human setVariable ["CHN_UNDEAD_INFECTED",true,true];

_human setVariable ["CHN_UNDEAD_BITTENTIME",time,true];

_human setVariable ["CHN_UNDEAD_INFTYPE","INFECTED",true]

or for slow zeds

_human setVariable ["CHN_UNDEAD_INFTYPE","ZOMBIE",true]

2. No you have to add them (just as described in the documentation)

yourself: _medic addweapon "CHN_ANTIDOTE";

A List of The Undead Mod Scripts would be nice

Hmm, they are all right there in your addon folder to look at ?!

@ Rayers

Furthermore, you need to work on the attack distance and timing of attacks.

Big ROFL, what do you think have i done the last 3 months ?

There is no way to speed that up, it is entirely limited by BIs 3ms script execution limit, that can`t be disabled.

@Many:

Concerning a group spawn of zeds, look into the script named SpawnZeds.sqf

in the mission Infected_Gorod.

It`s as simple as that. No waypoints needed/advised even.

Look into all the demo missions/scripts. They have been made as a help

for mission makers.

@D@VÅ

There is no way to mix the modules, the movements are too different and they would both try to control the map infection.

@Krycek

Well, its a bit complex to answer that.

The zeds will always search for the nearest uninfected town that has minimum 1 human (civilian or soldier) and migrate there.

Then when they have arrived, they will start to patrol that town and if they "knowabout" any human will hunt him.

Once the town is clear of ANY humans, they will repeat the first step

If you have multiple zed groups they will choose to migrate to different towns, so they won`t show ALL up at one town. That speeds up the spread.

While this is happening some additional processes happen though.

If the zed group is big enough (12 members) the next resurrecting infected killed by that group will look to join a nearby emptier group (<12 members) within a certain radius and if there is no such group, he will become an "Envoy" being sent to the next town while the big groups keep hunting in the town they currently are in. That way the infection can`t be contained, by simply keeping humans in a village (ALICE would spoil that with it constant respawn)

Also if there is infected towns still on the map, but the REAL zedcount is down to zero, those towns will send out NEW WAVES of infected, until those towns are cleared.

Hope that cleared it up a bit.

There will be a little update in the next few days fixing target priorities concerning rooftop humans

and undead running "on air" ;)

Edited by Charon Productions

Sorry Charon, I did read the documentation, and it was helpful (I recommend it to everyone). I simply forgot the variable, and I just couldn't find it again.

When I said should I group them, I mean... Do they attack as normal, and move as normal, when grouped, or do they spend effort trying to stay in a formation instead? And if a civilian is in a group, and they're infected, they come back in a zombie group, right?

For some reason, maybe coincidence, I've never had the infection markers, etc, show up when not using ALICE. Is this the cause? If we should not use ALICE, how do we get a constant, persistent world like you designed?

Cheers.

Edited by HateDread

Sorry Charon, I did read the documentation, and it was helpful (I recommend it to everyone). I simply forgot the variable, and I just couldn't find it again.

When I saw should I group them, I mean... Do they attack as normal, and move as normal, when grouped, or do they spend effort trying to stay in a formation instead? And if a civilian is in a group, and they're infected, they come back in a zombie group, right?

For some reason, maybe coincidence, I've never had the infection markers, etc, show up when not using ALICE. Is this the cause? If we should not use ALICE, how do we get a constant, persistent world like you designed?

Cheers.

ALICE is not needed for town infection markers.

A death due to infected attack has to occur in that town for the marker to appear.

It might depend on the island/map you are using.

The islands i have tested it with worked fine.

The location in question needs to be recognized by the scripts as either village,city or capital.

The whole system is group-based, so a high zed count can be reached with less lag than if each zed would be his own group.

Not sure what you mean, they attack when in a big group. There is special script segments that make them attack and leave their formation position when a target is nearby.

Infected civilians will leave their group and join a nearby zed group or be their own group if none is nearby. It is an entirely new AI that replaces the civilian.

Thank you very much for clearing that up.

What is the most efficient way to run a long-term mission involving recapturing towns, etc, and a growing number of zombies, without using the CPU-hogging ALICE, that you can suggest?

Cheers.

Thank you very much for clearing that up.

What is the most efficient way to run a long-term mission involving recapturing towns, etc, and a growing number of zombies, without using the CPU-hogging ALICE, that you can suggest?

Cheers.

Well, i would say run a script that check the zedcount and keeps it at about 80 max. Then of course just use recon team sized friendlies, so also not more than maybe 60-80.

The mission Rapidinfection has about such a unit count, it does however use ALICE.

What i did in ALICE-less missions is that i just placed one civilian per town on the map just to get it infected, the rest is done by the virtual infection system.