poster1ga.jpg

poster2kp.jpg

poster3ds.jpg

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Es_qv8NkS9M&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Es_qv8NkS9M&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

THE UNDEAD MOD by Charon Productions:

This mod is doing the impossible of simulating zombies in a military simulation

that does not support melee attacks, indoor scenarios and many other things

that had to be artificially created with this mod.

Most attention was put onto atmosphere, sounds and the infection spread

and its dynamics unseen before in any zombie mod.

All 100+ civilians have textured zombie models and most BLUFOR units also.

Plus there is an infected "hound".

The units can be found under the resistance side in the editor.

Whole islands can be infected with the new virtual infection and migration systems.

If you have a problem with minor bugs in a mod, better purchase one of the

console-type zed games and smile.

Note: Many users report this to be working fine in MULTIPLAYER

It is highly recommended to have the latest Arma2 patch installed.

The mod won`t work with v1.0 !

Known Issues:

READ before posting or PMing ! You are wasting your time posting issues already mentioned here.

- Undead can pass through walls, so can vanilla arma units !

- Undead can warp some distance when shot or bumping at a certain speed into something

- It can also rarely occur, that a whole undead group does nothing and just stand around

even though it has correct waypoints (Arma2-pathfinding hang-up problem)

The demo missions are not perfect. I rather concentrated on the actual module itself,

than perfectionizing the missions.

Rule of thumb for creating your own zed missions:

Keep the amount of zeds as low as possible.

Use the global variables for zedcount to manage your zed spawns.

About 60-80 zeds spawned at a time should be okay.

Missions with low lag won`t exhibit too bad collision problems etc.

For slow zombie missions it is disadvised to use the ACM, because

its spawns female civilians which can`t be turned into slow zombies.

Look into the demo missions, pretty much all you need to know is in there.

Download links for V0.84 latest version:

UNDEAD MOD V0.84 Part 1

UNDEAD MOD V0.84 Part 2

UNDEAD MOD V0.84 Part 3

Mirrors:

The Undead Mod V0.83

Armaholic Mirror

Alternate Link packed together

armedassault.info

Edited by Charon Productions

Known Issues:

READ before posting or PMing ! You are wasting your time posting issues already mentioned here.

- No MP (Multiplayer) compatibility of all the features

Do you have plans for the future to make it MP compatible?

Do you have plans for the future to make it MP compatible?

Since i can`t actually test how far of an MP functionality this has, i can only say that it should be brought to a point that you can place zeds in a MP-mission, kill them and have the infection going.

I have not enough time to make sure that the full functionality this mod has in single player will be working in MP as this could require a couple of weeks time of development to modify the scripts accordingly.

I'm about to download and see if I can get this to run on my old PC (the one I normally use has a massive problem with the graphics card).

Just wanted to say thanks for all your hard work on The Undead Mod. (it has been a long time in the making so really excited to try this) :)

Cheers, DA

Release, finally!!!:yay::yay:

thank you!!

Edited by Tobie

Oh this mod looks very promising indeed. :)

Thank you for keeping up on your release date, charon. I appreciate it. Now everyone go play! :)

:yay:

Saw this link in the other thread and basically orgasmed. Thank you for the months of hard work. This just made my day/week/month/year. :D

I think the amount he said should push it to the limit with all the other NPCS and shit going on at the same time. I have a 920 as well, at the moment I'm downloading Part 1.

I'm just curious, since I use a ARMA 2 Launcher for my mods, if all 3 parts need seperate modfolders and then uploaded that way to the Launcher? Hmm

Awesome! I've been waiting a good zombie mod for soooooo long! Thanks!

Downloading Part 2 now (:

Edit: Hahaha Oh shittt, I played it with just part 1 downloaded, and while the zombies don't move since I don't have all the files, I went up next to them and they all swarmed me LOLOLOLOL

Edited by Raserisk

O...M...G...

It's OUT !

I was like o.O when I saw "The Undead Mod" in this section.

You rules CP ! Can't wait till I download it from this super slow sendspace.

I was a automatic man in a rifle group USMC, we were surrounded by tons of zeds. We were losing when 3 UH-60s showed up and 3 M1A2 Tusks showed up. It was like a last stand. Long story short it ended up with only me and a medic, so I took him and me away while the reinforcements cleaned up the survivors, then the medic started to say "adajhhdkadh" and started to sway back and forth, the man who was sane just a moment ago got up and attacked me. I shot him with my whole clip from my machine gun. I love this mod :D

Edited by armydude

typing this while our base is getting overrun o_O i got like 100-200 zeds spawned, and theres like a collision issue where they can get you even if youre on a roof! its like they hit you through the walls kind of, im about to use them in my serious missions

Feedback: I noticed an issue with players in a static MG. I placed one static M2 and 16 undead hookers around the static MG...the hookers all ran up towards the machine gun but could not execute the melee action on the machine gun. Bottom line is that all 16 hookers were killed at point blank by the gunner. Otherwise, it's running smoothly thus far.

Hey i thought id just upload this somewhere else when i finish downloading it, so people have one link instead of three parts.

Feedback: I noticed an issue with players in a static MG. I placed one static M2 and 16 undead hookers around the static MG...the hookers all ran up towards the machine gun but could not execute the melee action on the machine gun. Bottom line is that all 16 hookers were killed at point blank by the gunner. Otherwise, it's running smoothly thus far.

These are minor bugs.

You could always use triggers to kill gunner in static ;) (Any zombies (resistance) in trigger area ? Yes ? Then kill gunner) ... Let CP take small rest, till he get back to work.

EDIT:

Hey i thought id just upload this somewhere else when i finish downloading it, so people have one link instead of three parts.

Megaupload is pretty fast (at least usually I get max speed out of it).

RS is crap, with their 500 kb weird limit, hotfile got bad transfers last time...so please, avoid it.

Yeeeeeeeees, haha! You make me very happy, man! Can't wait for the first proper Zombie missions! Awesome! Thank you so much!

Thank you very much!!

I was awaiting for this mod for a very long time.

KUDOS for you!!

Best regards

What is with the response time of the NPCS? I spawned 30 zombies in front of me, Infected (the running ones) synced the leader to the proper module, and it takes them a while to actually recognize me and then attack. If I had friendlies we would of mowed them down before they could of even started running.