Sign in to follow this  
marcus_crassus

Rpg nh-75?

After hitting a few search engines, e.g. Yahoo, Lycos, Northern Light, and Dog Pile, I'm wondering if someone else was/is able to find a link to some more info on the "Nh-75" variety of RPG as contained in OFP, because I'm at a loss to do so.

So far all results pull up a description and picture of the variant of which we are all familiar, that of the RPG-7.

Can anyone else find more info about this seemingly non-existent weapon?

Most likely, Nh-75 is the Soviet/Russian designation for it. RPG-7 is a NATO-issued designation, like AA-14 or SS-20.

RDF

A search with Google turned up this:

http://www.army.cz/technika/zbrane/rpg75/rpg75.htm

Unfortunately it´s in czech, wich I don´t understand a word of.... But there´s a picture at the bottom, and it doesn´t seem to be an OFP-related site like all the other´s that turned up from that search...

id say yes. I thought BIS had the carl gustav and the AT4 switched around for a while, but they've actually be pretty accurate with these things.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (WolfK33 @ April 07 2002,09:53)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">A search with Google turned up this:

http://www.army.cz/technika/zbrane/rpg75/rpg75.htm

Unfortunately it´s in czech, wich I don´t understand a word of.... But there´s a picture at the bottom, and it doesn´t seem to be an OFP-related site like all the other´s that turned up from that search...<span id='postcolor'>

The developers are Czech, so it would make sense that the designation or variant of the RPG-7 used by the Czech Army would have made its way into the game.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I thought BIS had the carl gustav and the AT4 switched around for a while, but they've actually be pretty accurate with these things. <span id='postcolor'>

They do have them turned around. The LAW is no longer used by U.S. forces. We have a disposable rocket launcher called the AT-4 or "Dragon". I have never seen anything in the U.S. arsenal called a Carl Gustav.

wow.gif8--></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (USSoldier11B @ April 07 2002,06wow.gif8)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">They do have them turned around. The LAW is no longer used by U.S. forces. We have a disposable rocket launcher called the AT-4 or "Dragon". I have never seen anything in the U.S. arsenal called a Carl Gustav.<span id='postcolor'>

This was cleared up on another thread way back...if I recall correctly the Carl Gustav is a Swedish/Finnish? (excuse my ignorance) weapon. (Remember, the western forces are supposed to be NATO, not just US), and the fact is, the Russians also have an antitank weapon called AT-4

The 'Carl Gustaf' is made by Bofors of Sweden. It is known in U.S. forces as the 'M3 MAAWS' (Multi-role Anti-armour Anti-personel Weapon System) It was first fielded in 1990 with the U.S. Rangers, it is now also used by the Navy SEALS.

m3-maws.jpg

Here is the U.S. 'M136 AT4':

at4-dvic540.jpg

Here is a more detailed pic of the 'M136 AT4'

Once again, FAS.org has come to the rescue!

Tyler

fagotmc.jpg

And here's the Russian AT-4, better known (to them) as 9K111 Fagot.

I think BIS chose to use the NATO name for this, because of the "Fagot" part biggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Tovarish @ April 07 2002,06:35)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">This was cleared up on another thread way back...if I recall correctly the Carl Gustav is a Swedish/Finnish? (excuse my ignorance) weapon. (Remember, the western forces are supposed to be NATO, not just US), and the fact is, the Russians also have an antitank weapon called AT-4<span id='postcolor'>

Swedish! And it's real name is GRG (Granatkastargevär) and is a life changing experience to shoot smile.gif The only downside of it is that it's bloody heavy. Here's an old picture of me carrying a GRG:

denoir.jpg

Yeah! Sweden rules!

VAPEN_OH6.jpg

A, B: Recoilless Rifle Model 48, Carl Gustav (grg/48)

The grg/48 is a Swedish design. The weapon is recoilless and can be

used with four different types of ammunition. Effect against armor

is achieved through shaped charges. As a contrast to a dispensable

LAW (Light Anti-tank Weapon), the grg/48 is a multi-ammunition

weapon. Apart from the anti-tank role, a number of other roles can

be fulfilled, especially the capability to present accurate fire and

time-fused fire with an HE round. The weapon has been sold to a

large number of countries including both the US and the UK.

Caliber: 84 mm

Effective against: APCs and similar, side sections of MBT

Types of ammunition: HEAT round 200 m (moving target 150 m)

smoke round 1 000 m

illumination round 1 700 m

HE round 700 to 1 000 m

The weapon is operated by a team of two soldiers and is usually issued at a rate of at least two per infantry platoon.

Weight: 13.6 kg

C, D: Disposable LAW, Type 86 (pskott 86), Bofors AT-4

Pansarskott 86 is a Swedish design and construction. This is a disposable

individual AT-weapon, discarded after use, with a recoilless launching of the shaped-charge round which is optimized for all round effect.

The AT-4 has been sold to a number of countries notably the US.

Caliber: 84 mm

Range: stationary targets 200 m

moving targets 150 m

Effective against: APCs and similar, side sections of MBT

The weapon is operated by a single soldier and is usually carried by at least half the members of each infantry squad.

Weight: 6.7 kg

ALL INFO TAKEN FROM SVANTE WENDEL'S UNOFFICIAL SWEDISH ARMY SITE, www.wendel.se/rswa

The Carl Gustav or "Schwere Panzerfaust/Leuchtbüchse" was used by the Bundeswehr too, but was phased out some years ago and replaced by the Panzerfaust 3.

We used the CG for illum, in those few rare cases they were shot on exercises.

In OFP AT-4 and Carl Gustav are exactly the same, only 3D model and texture differs, such as LAW and RPG are 100% equal in their specs.

Although the GRG is very cool.. the Panzerfaust.. sounds so much cooler.. so scary..so German biggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (scario @ April 07 2002,16:16)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Yeah! Sweden rules!<span id='postcolor'>

Perhaps we should have a Swedish Military mod for OFP. Say eh.. Sweden vs. Denmark smile.gif

I had a look at the local library in a recent copy of "Janes Infantry Weapons" (I love my library it kiks butt), and the Nh-75, turns out to be real, but its manufactured and used by the Czech republic I also found out that the model for the AT-4 launcher is a Russian RPO-A Recoiless Flame Thrower! check out Here. The BRDM-2 in the game is the FUG which is a brdm copy used by the czech republic (hmm cant seam to remember where BIS are from).

I just have to say, that I love this freakin board.

Where else could one see such a diversity of highly trained global warriors, full of such detailed knowledge?

I was never in the Infantry, though I completed Ranger School at Benning as an Armor officer...I know a little about 'Warsaw Pact' AT weapons.

Here is what I know...

They make a distinct sound when fired at you.

They are usually mounted on something that crunches when it encounters the treads of your tank.

I don't mean to be flippant.

You all are incredible.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (scario @ April 07 2002,17:02)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">It is one, Operation White Night: The Battle Of Sweden

www.op-whitenight.cjb.net/<span id='postcolor'>

Cool! They did a pretty good job on the m/90 uniform. Looking forward to see that mod.

Geez, for a country that claims to be peaceful and neutral, they sure are a great maker of weapons used for death and destruction! biggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Swedish! And it's real name is GRG (Granatkastargevär) and is a life changing experience to shoot<span id='postcolor'>

I can imagine!, I have seen them shot and have trained on them but I havn't fired a live round yet. Very few people get to do that over here due to budget restrictions.

Tyler

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (denoir @ April 07 2002,16:43)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Say eh.. Sweden vs. Denmark smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Yeah we want skĺne, Halland and blekinge back biggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Yeah we want skĺne, Halland and blekinge back <span id='postcolor'>

Lol smile.gif

I think a Milan would be a more suitable weapon than the ageing charlie G but I think I remember from the old forums the Nu-75 was a chezch model of the RPG-9

wow.gif8--></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (dkraver @ April 07 2002,21wow.gif8)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (denoir @ April 07 2002,16:43)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Say eh.. Sweden vs. Denmark smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Yeah we want skĺne, Halland and blekinge back  biggrin.gif  biggrin.gif  biggrin.gif<span id='postcolor'>

smile.gif Yeah we got those.. and Bohuslän and Bornholm .. and lets not forget Norway biggrin.gif