Sign in to follow this  
10mm-Warrior

Javelin Use and Hard Difficulty

Hmm.... I just tried it in the editor, and my Javelin locks on automatically even if "Auto guide AT" is set to "disabled". Does anyone know what the Auto guide AT setting does?

This is one of many reasons why it really sucks that the game doesn't have a real manual. There should be an explanation somewhere of what all the different difficulty settings do.

Edited by Johan S

Auto guide AT seems to make some AT weapons lockable even though they shouldn't be. At least it makes the TOW lockable (even though normally/IRL it's wire guided and goes after where your sights are pointing).

Yeah, absolutely right. The TOW shouldn't be lockable, it should go whereever your aim goes.

I guess I'll just continue to keep this setting off then.

I think its safe to say that we are waiting for the realistic javalin mod

This is one of those things i dont understand.

In OFP you had to atleast target the vehicle and right click to aquire a lock, now instead of simulating these type of weapons better in Arma 2 they are actually made worse, its so easy to bring down a helicopter or kill a tank its not even fun.

I hope they correct/improve these things for Arrowhead.

The Javelin is meant to engage tanks at like 600m+ distance (better yet, a kilometer away), where none of the unguided rockets can touch vehicles. At 300m it barely clears the minimum range.

Tried using it consistently at longer distance, like its supposed to? I just tested with ACE and you need about 1/3rd of the Utes runway to clear the minimum range, I dont know what that is, 250ish meters perhaps.

i see! Thanks for the info! :)

I wanna know how to have the menu in javelin, at first, when I played this game in my brothers PC, he was able to lock target with laser soght by pressing tab, so i always destroy enemy side targets (like towers)

with the javelin, but when i installed in my pc, i lost this options and i am not able to target objectives with the "TAB". What mod did he have, or what mod i have that dondt let me to use that option??

I wanna know how to have the menu in javelin, at first, when I played this game in my brothers PC, he was able to lock target with laser soght by pressing tab, so i always destroy enemy side targets (like towers)

with the javelin, but when i installed in my pc, i lost this options and i am not able to target objectives with the "TAB". What mod did he have, or what mod i have that dondt let me to use that option??

Are you using ACE perhaps? With ACE you need to switch to thermal view to lock you can't use TAB. Also in the default game TAB won't work on unidentified units, so even if you can clearly see the tank with your eyes if it's like behind a tree or something and the game can't "see" it you can't lock it.