• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic
Njayjay
Njayjay

Staff Sergeant

• Members
  • 256 posts

Posted 27 December 2009 - 21:20

Hi, i've purchased this game for download from sprocket but I'm having trouble extracting the files. There files are named arma2eng_102.exe.001, arma2eng_102.exe.002 etc.
I'm getting a "setup sfx kernel has stopped working" error when I run the exe, followed by "exception EZLibError in module
Y_arma2eng_102.exe at 0000FEEB. buffer error".
Anyone had this problem?

Placebo
Placebo

Retired Über Verwalter

• BI Forum Team
  • 21317 posts
  • LocationVisby, Gotland, Sweden

Posted 27 December 2009 - 22:28

Your best bet would be Emailing Sprocket support, although obviously as it's the Christmas holidays I can't guarantee how fast the response would be, it sounds like the download didn't finish properly and one or more files is corrupt, so could be worth trying the download again, although I am guessing, I'll skype one of my colleagues to see if they can address the issue directly :)

Fully retired from all forum/community related aspects so please don't contact me unless it's an emergency and nobody else will talk to you :)

Njayjay
Njayjay

Staff Sergeant

• Members
  • 256 posts

Posted 27 December 2009 - 22:56

Thanks placebo i'd appreciate it.

Placebo
Placebo

Retired Über Verwalter

• BI Forum Team
  • 21317 posts

Posted 29 December 2009 - 22:23

No reply yet to my skype message which probably means he's still out of the office.

Fully retired from all forum/community related aspects so please don't contact me unless it's an emergency and nobody else will talk to you :)

Victim ZSU
Victim ZSU

Lance Corporal

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 28 June 2010 - 11:44

Well ain't that just dandy, I'm trying to do the install myself on a new rig and I'm getting this error under Windows 7 x64.

I know it was a while back, but did you get a resolution?

Placebo
Placebo

Retired Über Verwalter

• BI Forum Team
  • 21317 posts

Posted 28 June 2010 - 13:13

You're getting the exact same error as above? Have you Emailed support? Have you tried running the installer in compatibility mode? I just installed Sprocket OA on Win7 64 and had no problems.

Victim ZSU
Victim ZSU

Lance Corporal

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 29 June 2010 - 04:26

I did an online chat with sprocketidea support, of all things they suggested upgrading my audio drivers. He gave me a link to an AC97 driver which allegedly contributes to the installer crash as the installer plays a soundfile on startup immediately after extraction. Weird thing is I'm running a Creative Labs XiFi setup and the drivers are current.

Still no dice...

Victim ZSU
Victim ZSU

Lance Corporal

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 09 July 2010 - 06:13

All sorted, one of the files failed an MD5 hash check, so re-downloaded it.

Placebo
Placebo

Retired Über Verwalter

• BI Forum Team
  • 21317 posts

Posted 09 July 2010 - 07:54

Yep that's usually the cause :)