Sign in to follow this  
-ASA-ODEN

Oden Warfare Pack

nuggetz, I just tried both sides on both Dragon missions and I can buy both men and weapons.

You don't happen to have ACE active?

I don't believe that I had ace activated but I will try again to make sure since the old version wouldn't work with ACE so I'm pretty sure I didn't enable it. Let me try.

I just tried but I'm getting dependency errors now. Don't have time to troubleshoot as I restarted the mission with no mods so I dont know what's going on. Anyway, I do recall being on the duala map. Have you tried that? Are there any addons needed for Bear and Eagle versions?

Edited by nuggetz

Tried Dragon/Bear on Duala and all I get is the "mandatory" missing addon warning (due to warfare2.pbo calling activateaddons[] - same for my addon running the swedish version) this is all "normal" and I can buy all I want once ingame.

Dragon versions indicate Chinese and both needs OHPLA to work (non-ACE version was used creating these so I have no clue whatsoever if the ACEX_PLA works here).

I've tried most of your missions and I also cannot buy units or weapons. I get a server_updatevehicles.sqf or something is missing.

Please what is the latest version for Dedicated ODEN Warfare (no addons). Armaholic has version 3.0 which links to a forum thread which is flagged as old...which then links to this thread. Help appreciated. Am currently running 3.O on dedicated server and when I go to buy units etc it says "Recieving data"

Edited by mazza

I dont play much mp and so this SP Warfare pack is totally cool! Thank you very much!

Also i would really like to have an ACE version (SP) or may with sone cool addons and more things you can build (Like a field hospital and Bunkers or Sandbags).

Thank you in advance and keep up the good work!

Hi Oden,

Thanks for these, and special thanks for Celle :)

I hope you dont mind but ive extracted your warfare to use in my scenarios, im not a mission maker i just like setting my own thing.

which leads me to a different type of request :)

The single player option is great! i use your warfare with SOM and ACM! but i cannot use the SOM support because the radio is used by warfare, and i cannot spawn independently as my player i placed on the map.

Is it possible to have some type of option for mission makers that removes the warfare radio options and enables me to spawn as the unit ive placed. The idea being to use your warfare as a kind of module? that will play itself out regardless of what ive set up... that would be awesome!

Afraid not Katipo66.

All magic is done by BIS (our beloved Mike Melvin primarily I guess) Warfare module, I just spiff it up a little.

What you COULD do though is to slap in a unit there not sync'ed with the warfare module, then it sould spawn where you put it in the editor (kinda like I did on request with the two reporter teams, BBC and CNN).

Edit: By all means, feel free to edit and implement whatever you come up with in the scripts :) just rename the folder/missionfile if you host it sometime so we don't get mixed up hehe.

Edited by [ASA]ODEN

Oh ok, thanks anyway!

Hmm im not synced to the module but it still spawns me at the base? something to look at... and i think it should be easy enough to setup support using radio alpha, bravo etc.

Im a loooong way from ever hosting but when/if i do i will rename.

Cheers :)

Hey oden, will you make a addons version? Or is it easy to edit the mission file to add my own addons. I play this just SP or LAN, But I would like to have the Apache and some different Vehicles. is it easy to add those vehcs to the mission?

Hi Neo.

"easy" is a very relative word :)

All in all, you only need to edit some of the files in .\Common\Config and add the addons cfgPatches classname in mission.sqm under "addons" array. If you wan't the players to be "addon units" you also need to edit the slots in mission.sqm, but that is easiest done directly in the editor (will also update the addons array for you).

Think I added the AH64D already.

Note that any addons will give a "downloadable content" error (even the AH64D from BIS) when you run the game in MP - just ignore that one.

The only addon version I've done is the Swedish Infantry one with my @Oden addon.

Hmm haven't played this in ages, maybe one should try it again.

Oki dokey, i guess i gonna try this. I saw the Apache only as a "Air Support" feature, and not buy able. But may it was just on the wrong map. What ever thank you for your response!

Hello,

yesterday, playing a Cold Chernarus - non dedi server- with only 2 towns to take, both HQ spawned very far from the objectives (top right corner of the map) and only 2000 meters (roughly) from eachother.

How can I prevent this ?

Second weird behaviour: the redfor team (managed by IA) was spamming us with attack choppers. How were they able to get such money ?

Thx.

I am very much enjoying Oden Warfare both SP and co-op, but I have a couple questions/problems.

From the map screen I can't get voting or fast travel to work. When I click, double-click, or click-and-hold on vote nothing happens. And how is fast travel supposed to work? All I get when I click on it is the option to "cancel fast travel" or something like that.

Also, in first-person view there are icons in the lower-right corner of the screen. What are they for; are they just informational, or can you somehow interact with them?

The are basicly just as information for your support... like Airstrike ect. i think. You cant klick on it or anything.

Yep, I did figure that out. The icons indicate what is available in your immediate area. The bottom one with the arrows indicates that fast travel is available.

Sorry guys but you need 1.05 to run this. BIS has been so kind to change basic stuff such as returnvalues etc to new structures rendering most things useless and I definately do not have the time or committment to search through uncommented BIS code with shitty indentations and readjust the function calls.

At least they got rid of one mission developer.

That sucks, sorry to hear that Oden. Sounds like that would be some tiresome work.

Hi Oden,

Still having a blast with all your arma 2 missions, especially warfare!

I'm playing your 1.05r version (18-09) and i have some issues/questions regarding this version.

* the Zargabad version rocks! But i do get a 'warfare2vehicles missing' error in the first minute in the game. If i'm right this is a general arma 2 bug, but i'd like to know if you could fix it? It's supposed to be fixed when adding the class to the mission.sqm

I saw it already is, when i de-pbo your mission, except in the addOnsAuto class.

Maybe this will solve it?

* Of course i tried this myself, but as soon as i de-pbo your mission, and pbo it again (even when not changing a thing), the mission is broke and i get a 'can't find InitMission.sqf' error. This is nasty, since i can't make any personal edits anymore. I also tried porting it to Takistan, but this bug has stopped it for me, cause i can't start the mission anymore.

* last issue is only related to south sahrani. When the mission is started i only have one city to conquer, regardless of the server setting. This only happens on sahrani, cause all other islands are fine. I tried playing on A2, OA and CO and all show the same issue. I have no idea how to fix this, whitch is a pity since sahrani is one hell of a map.

I have A2 and OA patched to the latest, so maybe this is causing my issues, cause i read your comment about BIS changing stuff in the latest patch.

Although i know you stopped working on your warfare missions, the fact that you released new versions on 18-09 gives me a little hope you will look into these issues?

Also as i said, i'd love to make a Takistan version of your warfare, is changing the mission.sqm and placing all object in mission editor enough, or do i need to change additional files?

Thanks for dedicating so much time to the community!

hi rmk80,

re-pbo the mission should be doable - check you have initMission.sqf in root folder.

the 1.05r (for rage and insanity) is supposed to be "selfcontained" as I have removed the warfare object (replaced with civ. vehicles) trying to get as far away as possible from BIS and their somewhat uncontrolled code management so in case you have own-edited sqm files see to that warfare object is replaced and the call should be for "warfareInit.sqf" (copy of init.sqf in warfare2.pbo).

Southern Sahrani runs ok for me both as A2 1.07 and CO 1.54 but I have reports from my poor betatesters that this map is in a broken condition - but as it runs ok for me it is indeed rather difficult to find the error.

Best way to create a Takistan version would be to copy/paste the units/markers from the chernarus version as I imagine that map also have the detailed config that most addon maps lack (or you could manually put in cities as I've done with the Zargabad version - lots of work but better result IMO) - other than that you only need to copy all the files from one of the others as the code is unified and works for all versions.

I've deliberately avoided a Taki version as I find it way too slow with all those hills but I wish you good luck and please do not hesitate to shoot any questions over PM :)

I did indeed stop working on this but mr Big Shot got me going again and with the new "all files in mission folder" setup (rather then only copies of modified ones as each BIS patch showed to be a mistake) there will probably be some small edits in the future.

Was an update today too, so pls start with those for your edits - and if you make edits in mission.sqm keep a copy and overwrite "mine" as soon as an edit pops up as I very rarely change anything in those files (todays update was to give german units some vehicles as I've put lists to show player faction units only - also BAF, Czechs and Germans now have mortars and artillery at their disposal from light and heavy factories).

Thanks for your quick reply! Glad to hear you are still working on your missions, cause i'm a big fan!

Because you said there is supposed to be a initmission.sqf in the root, which i didn't have, i looked into the way i extracted the .pbo, and there seems to be a difference in extracting the files. When using "extract pbo..." which i always did, the file metnioned is simply not there! So i simply clicked "extract", and there it was!

Just tried in mission editor and everything is fine now. Also added the warfare2vehicles class to addOnsAuto and so far no popups anymore!

Great stuff, i can finally port to Takistan now :)

I'll definately PM you if i run into trouble, thanks!

Hi Oden!

I finished porting your warfare mission to Takistan, based on the latest release (20-09, including parachuting from airport). Mission is working fine! :yay:

Since Takistan is a native map, i made two versions:

1) default city & camp locations, default starting locations (so no editing here, simply copy & paste)

2) manually placed city & camp locations, default starting locations

(also added some extra locations to the map to decrease the distance)

If you're ok with it, and someone is interested, i could post them somewhere.

I like the parachuting feature. Would even be better if you could do it from base, and it would be awesome if AI infantery teams would parachute into the battlefield IMO. :D

Not sure if this would mean a lot of work for you, but it would definately add to the atmosphere.:rolleyes:

One thing is that i still get the missing warfare2vehicles error (playing CO), which is annoying although the mission seems to work fine. I already tried the following to solve it without any luck:

- add class to mission

- remove class from mission

- reinstalled A2 & OA off steam

- added warfare2vehicles from A2 as mod

None of them worked, but i did find the following error in my RPT file:

Addon warfare2vehicles (entry WarfareSupplyTruck_USMC) not found in the list of active addons.
Warning Message: You cannot play/edit this mission; it is dependent on downloadable content that has been deleted.
warfare2vehicles
Addon warfare2vehicles (entry WarfareSalvageTruck_USMC) not found in the list of active addons.
Warning Message: You cannot play/edit this mission; it is dependent on downloadable content that has been deleted.
warfare2vehicles
Addon warfare2vehicles (entry WarfareSupplyTruck_RU) not found in the list of active addons.
warfare2vehicles
Addon warfare2vehicles (entry WarfareSalvageTruck_RU) not found in the list of active addons.
warfare2vehicles

Which made me wonder if i need to change some config files in the mission to solve this? Do you know which file i should check/alter?

I also tried playing it on AO standalone, but couldn't start the mission because of the following error:

Warning Message: You cannot play/edit this mission; it is dependent on downloadable content that has been deleted.CAWheeled2_Kamaz, warfare2vehicles

I quess this is somehow related as well.

If anyone knows how to solve this, it 'll be greatly appreciated!

Best of luck!