Sign in to follow this  
-ASA-ODEN

Oden Warfare Pack

Just made a few checks and all I tried started normally (default options).

Any specifik version and with what options?

Your are right, i re-downloaded it and now it works. I guess my download got corrupted.

One thing i noticed (non version-specific) is that after playing a while some teams have "none" as their mission status, and they won't move anymore. Any idea why this is happening? If i switch to the commander role i can't assign them new missions. However they will follow any waypoints i give them. Seems like the "enable AI" has no effect on them.

I'm not playing on a dedicated server, just hosting a private LAN game.

Thanks for this pack, finally something to kill at Podagorsk. Also I like that the Chenarus versions are improved, but not overloaded with features compared to BIS original (which I dislike about the Benny versions a bit).

One little suggestion: Would it be possible to keep the weapons you bought after respawn? The standard BIS warfare has included this since 1.04 or some such.

Or is it on purpose as an incentive to stay alive - would also make sense.

Okay, I see now that I lose my chosen equipment because I'm "Group-Respawning" into the body of another solider. Is there a way to change that?

Really nice implementation of Arty, BTW.

Sure thing Helmut, I'll just restore the active options under "Voting" in mapview like in the pre-1.05 versions so players can toggle actionmusic and grouprespawn.

Expect it in next 1.05g including a "pure infantry warfare" option for server-admin to select (disables main battle tanks, armored personnel carriers and attack helicopters).

No ACE and no heavies ... grunt's dream !

Do you think you can add a way for us to adjust grass, view distance and terrain grid via the options while in game? Not sure if its related to the last release or the map I'm playing on but my performance is prety bad when hosting my own game on the Pod map. I haven't tried sharani yet but will tonight with the new version. One other thing, is it possible to code that all vehicles on the same side be unlocked? Actually I've come across a lot of unlocked ones in the base unlike other flavors of warfare but it would be nice to jump into a supply truck while iom near it and hitch a ride back to base cuz I know that's where he's going.

After some more playing, I really like the style of this. It's not feature-overloaded as Bennys (in my opinion), offers the same parameters as original BIS (which is important since reducing towns improves performance) but fixes everything that BIS left out.

There seems to be one small bug, that sometimes I can't buy units despite having enough money. Seems to happen after a save game, requires a respawn.

Come to think of it, I actually like the "respawn into group" feature. That makes it possible to become a Tank Commander or Spec Ops soldier (external model) which I like.

The one thing I haven't yet understood is what happens to an Arty Battery when it runs out of ammo. I found a previous thread saying I can't reload them, have to buy new ones - will the old ones disapear?

Also, I really like that the CivWar version features no NVGs for player or bought units. This makes illumination arty and other tricks finally important, and sets a nice difference to the "Major Forces" where everyone has NVG.

---------- Post added at 01:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:56 PM ----------

Okay, maybe a small bug, or I don't understand the feature correctly:

If I already have 9 units in my team, I can't buy a 10th unit. I can't even buy an empty vehicle.

If I have 6 units, and rapid-click to order more (so that I order faster than they are built) I can get up to 15 units.

For a decent marine squad, I need 15 (13 soldiers, two AAV7 crew).

Even for a decent russian squad, I need 10 soldiers in total.

So either the limit at 9 is a bug, or maybe it could become a parameter.

Edited by Helmut_AUT

Fist post updated with 1.05g release notes.

Infantry Warfare Option blocking Main battle tanks, armored personnel carriers and attack helikopters

Active options under voting list (map-'voting/options >>') to toggle group respawn and action music

Player commander may instantly resign to ai commander (no voting needed)

BIS default Grass option restored (Misc Settings)

2000m ViewDistance removed, client may now decide

@Old Bear: oh yeah :) during testing I felt I have a new favourite setting with this Infantry Warfare mode

@nuggetz: oh darn, I'll see if I remember to unlock vehicles for next release :)

@Helmut: BIS Superpowers (Warfare) have a 9 man limit (just noticed :) ) so I guess thats why.

Sweet, great update.

So the 9 Man Limit is not from you? But I could swear I regularly run 10 man teams in BIS Superpowers as OPFOR (BTR-90 and BMP-3 are optimized for 2x4 Infantry Fireteam and 2 Crew).

Maybe something to look into? Besides it isn't working right, since a 9 Man limit shouldn't prevent buying empty vehicles...and it can easly be "overloaded" if you buy faster than the stuff gets built. If you could make this limit a customizable parameter it would be awesome, not sure how the AI teams would react though.

Also, I noticed that when Group-Respawning I get the Weapons from the Guy I spawn into, but not the Character Class. That is, if I spawn into a Spec Ops soldier, I'm still using the external model of the normal Marine Soldier, but with Spec Ops Weapons.

Since visibility against AI is particularly depended on player class as far as I'm aware (Snipers should be least easily spotted...) it would be cool if there was a way to change player class type. It would also make it possible to be a Tank Commander in external view, it always looks silly when an Infantry Soldier flys a chopper or commands an Abrams.

Great idea with the Infantry-Heavy Mod.

Edited by Helmut_AUT

Found another bug: I get the occasional error message "you can not play this mission as it needs downloaded content that has been deleted" (you know the exact wording I think) refering to a AH-64. It seems to happen when my BLUFOR AI calls in an Apache. But the Apache works fine in normal editor for me, nothing missing there.

Oh, and while I like the Arty handling as "batteries" placed near Town Camps, my Mortars have a great skill of killing themself when placed under trees (Podagorsk Power Station South Outpost for example)

HI Oden,

I tried 1.05g and not sure if its ARMA 2 problem or yur mission problem - sometime when i order my AI team mates to go to stronghold bunker or base they go there and get "stuck" there - never regroup again and follow me. I had great fun with YH-1 heli. Used it as transport. Great work Oden :)

Hi all, sorry for a noobish question, but is this Mission Pack for Single Player or Coop ? I noticed that it seems to be mod-free which I prefer, getting to learn the game.

Cheers,

OP

Hi all, sorry for a noobish question, but is this Mission Pack for Single Player or Coop ? I noticed that it seems to be mod-free which I prefer, getting to learn the game.

Cheers,

OP

Hi,

Just host Lan game and join instead one AI slot to your liking. Then play. All other will be driven by AI like in SP. You only must access this via multiplayer option and not single player missions.

Here as follows is the 'I WANT' checklist of a spoiled brat

Calgar wants island wide SP war (as Calgar is too retarded to play online)= Oden "CHECK"

Calgar wants AI to act like R-Players, paras, air, arty = ODEN "CHECK"

Calgar wants it on Various player made maps = ODEN "CHECK"

Calgar wants it with several of the well made faction armies= ODEN "CHECK"

Calgar wants to be a total pain and request an infantry focused option= ODEN "CHECK"

Calgar wants it all in single DL pure kickassery pack = ODEN "CHECK"

ODEN, you are the best Santa a brat could ask for. :yay:

While playing this pack of pure kickassery instead of sleeping before my nightshift (bad santa) I wondered if it would be an interesting feature to have the first aid module/s active, so one could have a chance to be dragged/carried/healed and do so for his troops to give the extra feel of war, rather then the safety of respawn? or would that be a hardcore mode with limited respawns. just a thought.

Regardless, you are the man ODEN. Thank you.

Ive been playing warfare mode on Isla Duala and had alot of fun. Its a great map.

However, last night I tried the Sahrani cold warfare and WOW. I had some of the most intense fighting yet. I wanna quit my job and just play Sahrani ODEN warfare.

Ive been waiting for something with large scope battle for years - and after the patches, and certain mods for arma2, along with ODEN warfare, Im finally getting what Ive been waiting for.

Last night I struck south with a platoon of 10 men in a couple of vanilla HMMVs, and captured a town (I forget the name) just north of Corazol. It was early in the game, so me and my platoon were quite alone, while the rest of the US forces were up north capturing towns up there. Shortly after capturing the town I was in, 2 of my guys who I sent out to scout found the enemy HQ, only 3km south of where i was. I decided to set up a defensive perimeter on some high ground just south of the town Id captured, and await reinforcements. We held the russians off for about an hour, taking some casualties, adn keeping my medics busy... Then I spotted a cobra... then an A10. Support had arrived. I went back to the depot and bought some of my own reinforcments to rebuild my depleted platoon - including an AAV and HMMV-mk19. For the next hour the battle built to a high pitch, with a couple of apaches and more infantry joining the battle. I struck out south to help finish them off. I had my AAV engage the enemies left flank with my infantry coming in behind. THe AAV was in constant engagement, launching grenades and using its twin guns. My guys were also targetting and taking down the enemy. We took some heavy casualties, as I couldnt see the bad guys through the (JTD) smoke. I finally got killed and respawned in teh turret of the mk19 HMMV, with A10s, and choppers strafing the enemy in the AO. We had silenced their arty, which lit the town I had captured on fire earlier, and were pressing for the victory -- but there was still alot of fight in the enemy. It finally ended in victory after finishing off their HQ.

This battle built from a sharp-shooting defensive one, taking out enemy infantry who were trying to counterattack (and trying to flank my perimeter), to a loud, intense, combined arms war. Tactically it was the most realistic and challenging yet, and I just wanna go back and do it again. Oh - and I did get a movie of most of it (FRAPS), although it was more of me managing the battle than anything, but I think it captured the build of intensity through the course of the battle.

I give high marks to ODEN warfare on Sahrani, along with Zeus AI, GL4, JTD, warfx, hifi weapons sounds, the grenadier fix (these guys are deadly now) as the primary mods used.

A little about my setup -- I run an old quad-core (Q6700) wiht no OC, and 4gb of memory. My graphics board is a single ATI 5850. To offload some cpu cycles, I built a linux server on an old core 2 duo box (which I am about to overclock) and Fedora 10 linux.

Anyway, bravo ODEN.

btw -- the server is up still, as "Sahrani GL4 Zeus Warfare (NO ACE)". It doesnt have much capacity, but feel free to jump on (with the specified mods) and start a war.

...I had to tell somebody... most people just wouldnt understand :bounce3:

hi guys , seems great to see this

But is there an ace version ?

i tried a mission but i must deactivate ACE :( is there a way to trun this off and make a version with ace stuff

Edited by Sneaker-78-

haha so nice to read all AAR's

Updated first post with release of 1.05h

6th February 2010 1.05h

Added the new "Celle" map and took some time to add a server option for blocking ACE or not and also made the pack support singleplayer (for all you crazy ppl out there refusing to run a passworded LAN server :D )

Also added a feature to have BIS nice music in background - toggle in options when/if you get annoyed from it.

Singleplayer adds a "Save Game" useraction, allows "Fast Time" toggle in options and has no ACE block.

Sneaker-78- I guess you will like the new Block ACE serveroption :)

ODEN;1563184']haha so nice to read all AAR's

Updated first post with release of 1.05h

Sneaker-78- I guess you will like the new Block ACE serveroption :)

sweet !

But 1 question :

we play with 2 players so the other are AI , and are the supposed doing something ? because they are doing noting,

I have the same bug in Benny warfare, maby the same ?

nice missions.... had nice hours with that!!!

-little bit more distance between the start locations would be nice

-increase town defense a bit or enemy difficult

Edited by TeilX

nice update Oden. had not heard of celle map until your warfare pack release, now i'm hooked on it!

Is there a fix to the Eagle and Bear maps? I can't buy anything. Nothing shows up when trying to buy units.