Sign in to follow this  
Archamedes

Arma 2 1.06 Patch Suggestions

So we at least need a mini map :)

Otherwise known as the already working GPS :p

It would be awesome to actually see an ingame map though. Sort of like Far Cry 2. Your character take it up and show it it to you. Problem is how to incorporate notes/plansbriefing/etc into that... Not very realistic to click on a menu in a paper map you just pulled up, lol.

Be able to reload vehicles to max mags. I know we wanted this everytime there is suggestions for a next patch - or game, but im pointing it out again.

If your vehicle mag is emptied and you start on the next you will never be able to reammo back to full capacity. Only back to the mag count your on.

But you already know BIS. :)

-when you start a game as tank commander, you have to switch from MG to maingun manually. Up to 1.04 the maingun was already the "active" weapon.

- M1 attacking a PK-Nest. The tank fires continuously on the target even if the pk nest is destroyed and the gunner is dead. I tested it several times, the tank fired the MG first, then the maingun, and after that he kept on fireing the MG at the target.

- the tank AI doesn't seem to classify the known targets. It keeps fireing at infantry although an enemy tank is in sight. It should switch to the most threatening target.

Edited by -=Firewall=-

Just found out that AI AT bug is still there:

place a AI group with RPG18 against a AI group with M136 :crazy:

Why is it so hard to configure proper usage of different types of ammunition for AI? Same thing with guided missiles and bombs...

Or do BIS devs dont care about their "ultimate military simulation"?

- the tank AI doesn't seem to classify the known targets. It keeps fireing at infantry although an enemy tank is in sight. It should switch to the most threatening target.

+1

Infantry should also classify targets.

When player gets hit while carrying an wounded team-mate some Hint message (not error!) shows up saying:

"releasedBad action on _injured, if he performs bad, he has bad animation state (not in wc)"

1.) Much More Wizard options to create missions in seconds. eg maybe Hostage Rescue, steal item and deliver, etc etc Also same Singleplayer Scenario WIzard options such as , Target, Defend, Destination etc etc.

2) Multiplayer Armory maybe

Movement in this game is very "clunky" we've all known this since release and this makes firefights alot harder than they should be, for instance I take cover near a wall but since theres a delay on jogging than stopping I sometimes end up half way out and half way in, so the enemy can take a shot at me. Also this and the horrible FOV make indoor fighting and CQB almost impossible. Can we get some improvements in the next patch?

Anyone disagree?

Incorporating the GL4 Mod would be awesome love that mod.

Shadow bugs, when zooming and returning to normal, on HIGH settings, this is not driver related.

Add more options in Player customization (main menu) add Hands section so we can fit gloves etc, Tatoos, the modders would make alot of interesting stuff to fit characters with.

More and more AI fixes, improvements and additions, AT guns not shooting infrantry for example.

Commanding AI to drive is alittle hard to do without the map especially if you're on a slope, you can never get the cursor off the vehicle itself even in Thirdperson, allow the pasanger the "commander" view when ordering AI to move in vehicles even in vehicles with no commander seat.

AI not being able to crawl through walls, fences, sandbags, buildings "WALL HACK" in general damn AI love to use this all of a sudden on me. :eek:

More options in video options, Make all Post process options seperate, Motion blur, blur, bloom, film grain (if its even in..), HDR less intense since I believe the engine cannot disable it. etc and remove PP option as a result.

LOD switching for All Foilage needs to be re-done they all switch too abruptly and only at 100 meters or so trees look like 2d water paintings yuck. Also Tree optimization, maybe lower the polycounts, or give us an option to turn down Foilage detail in video options. ;)

Please keep improving the texture/object streaming, I still get buildings in big cities and towns not loading for awhile even standing right next to them and while that building is loaded others unload themselves so if I turn around a building behind me several feet away will be unloaded.

Fix the bug where an M203 or any underbarreled grenade will explode when it hits foilage, it should be able to go through bushes small branches etc.

Smoke grenades should provide smoke for a longer derration and provide denser smoke. Fixes to the grenade throwing animation/design would be awesome aswell, its hard to throw grenades in an area where you want them.

I know these can be scripted but it would help the noobs out alittle gentleman, add spawn X at Y altitude, so spawning a JET at 600 Meters for example, I dont know if its difficult or impossible but automatically detect items placed in editor on USS Khe Sanh Deck and spawn them on the deck instead of underneath it in the ocean. LOL

Incorporate Nouber's MAP mod, where it adds a distance ruler and several other small but important instruments.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thats all I can think of for now. I cannot wait for Arrowhead.

1. Make the AI less lethal with the AT weapons. It seems that any AI unit with an AT weapon will almost never miss a target, which basically makes it impossible to play as a driver in anything less-armored than a tank.

2. Add a little more battle chatter of sorts? This was one of the things I liked about Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising...the guys you commanded had very much "human" phrases/responses to game events such as when they were hit, and you actually felt some kind of virtual attachment to your fire team when one of them died. In ArmA II the guys basically don't utter a thing when they are wounded and so you never feel anything more than the fact that you're commanding artificial intelligence vs. enemy artificial intelligence.

Why can't BI fix the chopper throttle issue so that it uses the full range, not start at 50%.

When using the editor "save" feature, and you choose a different save name (and thus using it as "save as"), then all mission files and directories should be copied over also, not just the mission.sqm file.

As it stands now, I need to exit ArmA2 and manually transfer any mission specific files in Windows before I can use the new mission.

re: Heli taxing... helis can taxi - you just need to be good at controlling the aircraft and fly at 0 or 1 and slowly. That's how any skid-equipped heli taxis and how a lot of the wheeled helis do so - those wheels were always supposed to be used for towing, not taxing, if I recall.

We tend not to bother to taxi helis, just take off from wherever you are on the field, but it is possible if you are careful.

- Fix the other bit on the C130, per my patch. You fixed the turning circle (thanks), but you didn't fix the AI plane crashing into the ground straight after take-off.

- Planes to have proper turret / gunner animations (like all other classes) where weapons can be added and pointed at targets. Important for upcoming addons.

- Make the undersea view more transparent / less fogged (so underwater vehicles have a better view)

- Clean up the C130 and MV22 models so the ramps can be opened and the GEO Lod is cleaned out so the rear is enterable.

That'd be a start, I add to it for the 1.07 patch ;)

Bring back the old nootebook from OFP in next patch. I need to know how many enemy I have wasted when I finish skirmish game in editor. This is realy a big drawback for me that this little book is missing!!!!!!:mad:

Bring back the old nootebook from OFP in next patch. I need to know how many enemy I have wasted when I finish skirmish game in editor. This is realy a big drawback for me that this little book is missing!!!!!!:mad:

In the meantime you can make it show by creating a radio trigger that activates one of the endings, so you get a proper debriefing.

AI will not follow player until fully disengaged, and will still have problems following player and keeping formation

post 1.05 patch

lighting outside is alot darker inside AAVP and Helos than it is when your not inside the vehicles, Is this an aperature value change, if so increase the aperature values.

Javelin will blow up 5 meters over vehicles now, after patch 1.05 for me, I have no mods installed that would do so, aiming above and directly at the tank will not change anything.

Russian silenced weapons will give off muzzle flashes

M136 Disposable Over the shoulder launcher needs Damage values increased alot!! This weapon is completely worthless compared to the SMAW or RPG7-18

Backpacks stick through the URAL Cabins, the cabins are to small for those gigantic backpacks!

This might already be in but i havent found it due to being a total noob (probably changed the key without knowing), being able to put Binoculars down but not totally away.

Try the M136 without running addons. I'm getting mobility kills with M136 and RPG-18 with a single shot on both M1A1 and T90. The two launchers achieves similar results, so I don't think its damage should be upped. As a HEAT (vs HP), I think it performs well. Against front armor on an MBT, well, don't expect too much, but I've seen catastrophic kills with two shots (which I don't think should happen).

RPG-7 with PV-7VR loaded is a completely different beast.

"Worthless compared to SMAW"? What has that got to do with anything? SMAW is not for everyones use (although some missions have it widely available). Even the SMAWs HEAA has too much power (given the unrealistic default reach).

The biggest problem regarding launchers, are the missions. Too much armor to fight as an infantryman, and too much launchers to use, instead of calling in the heavies. I consider the M136 an emergency weapon, not a hunter weapon, especially against MBTs.

Try the M136 without running addons. I'm getting mobility kills with M136 and RPG-18 with a single shot on both M1A1 and T90. The two launchers achieves similar results, so I don't think its damage should be upped. As a HEAT (vs HP), I think it performs well. Against front armor on an MBT, well, don't expect too much, but I've seen catastrophic kills with two shots (which I don't think should happen).

RPG-7 with PV-7VR loaded is a completely different beast.

"Worthless compared to SMAW"? What has that got to do with anything? SMAW is not for everyones use (although some missions have it widely available). Even the SMAWs HEAA has too much power (given the unrealistic default reach).

The biggest problem regarding launchers, are the missions. Too much armor to fight as an infantryman, and too much launchers to use, instead of calling in the heavies. I consider the M136 an emergency weapon, not a hunter weapon, especially against MBTs.

Landtex, and RH addons wouldnt conflict with damage values would it?

im no damage expert but they all need fixing...

@Flash Thunder: Don't know, don't think so. In any case, I would never consider engaging an MBT with an M136, especially if he hasn't spotted you yet and/or are in perfect condition. Why piss him off? Better he shoots at someone else I say :D

What do I need to insert in the trigger description to make it work? Thanks!

Place a trigger activated by radio alpha and select an ending in the drop list next to the text fields, nothing else is required. When you want to end the mission, use radio command 0-1.

When I come off of a ladder I think my weapon should default back into my hand, particularly when being shot at.

It would be great if chat from wounded soldiers saying (AAAHH!) etc. was send on direct chat channel, or none at all. It's annoying to know when charlie sniper had been badly hit.

Fix the AI targeting with any Mi-24 variant - simple repo:

place yourself as observer (civilian) on Utes airport

place some tanks, other vehicles and a group of infantry

place one anti-aircraft vehicle

add to each targets a move waypoint

place a Mi-24 in a safe distance with one move waypoint towards targets

You will see that any Mi-24 variant wont attack till they're shot down. :mad:

Now place yourself as gunner and see how AI isnt able to see + target vehicles/threat.

Testing things out can be (very) boring but please simple try to place yourself as gunner/crew/teammember to see how AI and performs with different vehicles, aircrafts and weapons systems.

Hope that the unique AI will be improved and developed much more - too many game developments focussing more & more on graphics and special effects.

i think that you shouldn't lose gear when in water, opening more gaming oppertunities like navy seals underwater infiltration.