This version of RUG DSAI is signed via a key made by BIS community member Titi. Hopefully this will allow those willing to play online with the addon as well, as it seems my own signatures do not work. You will need to download the whole addon and replace the .pbos with the signed ones for this to work
Furthermore, this version contains a signed version of the GERMAN language DSAI (rug_dsaiger.pbo, found in unusedlanguages; default sides OPFOR and Independent) by Palyarmerc, kindly re-signed by Titi with his permission.
There is no version change, since no changes have been made to the actual pack.
- Wolfrug, 11.3.2012
Download link for the TITI signed version: GameFront
Edit: Palyarmerc has released a German voices pack for DSAI. Get it here! (thanks to verde13 for noting me!)
As I promised over in ThunderBird's conversion topic, an official, CBA-compatible, signed version of RUG DSAI (of ArmA fame) would be forthcoming for Arma 2. And here it is, in time for Christmas!
As always, credits to Sickboy & 6th Sense for originally revamping the old ArmA scripts, and thanks to Thunderbird for tiding you over while I got my butt in gear.
See below for more information & downloads :xmas_o:
NOTE: There was a slight error in RUG_DSAIArab.pbo, pertaining to an extra entry for a sound that did not exist. This has been fixed now and the addon has been re-signed, you can download the file alone from below, or re-download the whole RUG_DSAI addon from my FileFront mirror. Simply replace the old RUG_DSAIArab.pbo with the new one.
Note: Not necessary if you don't use the Arab voices for anything.
Note 2: A long-standing bug to do with reloading has now hopefully been fixed - the code should now exclude all weapons with more than one muzzle, meaning both grenade launchers and custom (addon) weapons with more than one muzzle should no longer be stuck in a perpetual "reloading" loop. Test it and let me know if it works!
If the mirroring sites wish to update their files, they're free to do so of course!
BIKI Page on RUG DSAI
Download mirrors at the bottom of the post!
Look at the above page for advanced instructions on installation, MP-usage, mission-maker/server admin options, and creating/editing the language packs. Here's the short version:
= Features =
* Ready made scripts for Dynamic Sound AI that is easily modifiable by the end-user.
* Your AI will shout curses at the enemy, tell you when they're reloading, throwing a grenade, engaging, when they're hurt, fleeing or when they've scored a big kill! And much more.
* Works in both SP, client-side MP and server-side MP
* Features English, Arab, Russian and Spanish voices by default (but only Russian and English really make sense in Arma 2 at the moment)
* Can assign voices to all sides (BLUFOR, OPFOR, Independent, Civilian, SideEnemy)
* Easily activated/deactived by mission makers, addon makers or server admins as required, using global variables and config entries (see below for more information)
* Requires CBA (which contains the Arma 2 version of XEH)
Installation (for dummies):
- Place the RUG_DSAI.pbo, RUG_DSAIGen.pbo + any language files you want - I suggest using only RUG_DSAIENG and RUG_DSAIRUS - into a modfolder (such as @RUG_DSAI\Addons), and start up the game. You should notice your teammates talking a lot more now (note: only English voices are extensive, the other languages are mostly combat-oriented)
- NB: you need the latest version of CBA loaded as well.
Advanced installation notes on the BIKI page.
Mirrors and bug reports much appreciated! Note: I'm not the MP master here, so if you've got problems setting it up for your server/MP game, you might want to ask Sickboy directly
Filefront (includes both Quickfixes)
ArmAHolic (updated as TITI signed with German voices)
TITI Signed Version(includes German voices by Palyarmerc)
Edited by Wolfrug, 12 March 2012 - 00:28.