Oh, so this is something that lets you have some situational awareness? I've never seen that before.

Yip. There was a lot of complaints about this back in the early ArmA days.

Hmm, I wonder what Gunther has to say about this. Maybe some stuff, as you say, needs to turned off.

I do have some ECS stuff to shut off:

- burning when close to something on fire

- all the first aid and "bleeding out" stuff

- and probably more

I kind of like the vanilla Arma first-aid functions believe it or not! :D

Sacre bleu! :eek: :p

Things may or may not conflict. I have 3 suppression systems running, GL3, SIX and ECS. So far I have not had any problems and the AI works well enough but I have yet to really experiment with that area. However, it is best not to have multiple scripts or addons running that do the same thing. It may stop any errors and will save system resources.

I would go through and see what conflicts and then just have the one you like the best running.

Well I'm not sure which mod to give credit to but the firefights are much more intense. I should have a 15-minute two-part movie up on Youtube in a couple of days.

Yeah, I'm going to go thru and see what I want (or should) have enabled or disabled.

Hey guys,

to answer some questions the best i can I'll start with this little list:

- binoculars don't work (they come up part way and block your view)

As Snafu had said this is a feature, allows you to look around at various things, kinda of what you would do in real life.

- most missions I played had a "content deleted" message

is that all it says or is there more, as i dont get that message, if your making custom missions it could be that you are missing stuff that you made a mission with and had taken out.

- various error messages like "fuelstation or church is not an array". Errors that don't occur without the mod.

i get it once in a while but it dont hurt nothing, just comes up.

- AT soldiers drop their M136s (always happens in one mission)

if they are around ammo caches, or dead bodies the Ai will try to reamr themselves with something better, or add stuff, its from the mod VFAI, thats what that control panel is in your action menu, just disable it in the control panel. i personally dont get any issues.

- sometimes I can't assume command after dying. This is usually taken care of by hitting the 0 and 1 keys.

after dying in what type of gameplay? editor? sp, mp?

in the editor unless you have made the ai playable you wont assume command. SP same way, Mp varies.

- AI soldiers don't want to follow orders (maybe because these mods put them on "steroids"?)

the may not if they spot an enemy 400+ meters away, thats the VFAI mod, they can spot and engage at far distances, and if a target seem threatening they will ignore your commands, dont happen to me much, all depends on the situation really.

any otehr questions dont hesitate to ask.

a bunch of the guys in the unit and I play an edited version of evolution red on our Arma server, we have Warmod on the server, if one of you guys are interested in playing with us give me a hollar.

It turns that, so far, all problems disappear if I only run the ECS and GL3 mods instead of WarMod. Also, all the missions I play work fine if none of the mods (WarMod, ECS or GL3) are used.

I play MP co-op missions only.

I didn't list the "content deleted" messages because they are all different depending on what mission I'm playing. But they all disappear if I'm not using WarMod. Again, using ECS and GL3, no errors at all.

Sounds like I need to take a hard look at VFAI...it may not have any features that I want. Does VFAI control the AI scavenging dead bodies for weapons/mags? If so, I definitely want to turn that off.

in the editor unless you have made the ai playable you wont assume command.
I will look into that but I've run into this problem a while ago (before WarMod) and all the AI was playable. I posted about this and there was no known reason except that hitting 0 and then 1 fixed the problem.

Another odd thing...at the start of a mission using WarMod, I can't get my men to assume a Delta formation. They simply stay in a wedge formation. Simply using ECS/GL3 or no mod, they go right into a Delta formation when commanded to. Now that's odd.

I will continue to do "trouble-shooting" on all this. Having a blast playing it! Battles are intense!

Does VFAI control the AI scavenging dead bodies for weapons/mags?

yes, on the first page this is what VFAI does:

VFAI - AI Extension

by

Victor Farbau

Description:

VFAI will allow units to scan their immediate environment for bodys and their equipment. If a unit goes below certain ammo levels it will try to snitch a magazine, a grenade or smokebomb here and there. If the unit looses its weapon or does not find ammo in a given time the unit will focus on getting a new weapon as quick as possible. In that case the unit will drop the empty weapon. As of version 2 VFAI should automatically detect and handle all weapons types including 3rd party addon weapons. However I noticed some difficulties if addon creators used mixed upper/lower case

class numbers in their addons.

VFAI consists of 3 independent addons

1. VFAI_Equipment

enables units to independently equip themselves with weapons and ammo from dead bodys. Further information and details included in the readme file. I advise you to read the readme file - it might explain some behaviour you wonder about. Installation: read the readme file (it is easy).

2. VFAI_Smokeshell

will cause units to throw smokeshells whenever they're hit. They will try to throw smoke into the direction of the gunner to block his view. More details in the included readme file. All units will then be equipped with 1 smokeshell and will know when to use it.

Attention ACE Mod users: ACE uses additional "Hit" event handlers to simulate gunshot wounds. It might interfere when both addons try to process the hit event at the same time. I got stuck only once in a seemingly endless animation loop due to that; but it can happen. If you experience this too often, simply turn off Smokeshell.AI through the control panel or don't install SmokeshellAI.pbo at all.

3. VFAI Control Panel

Using this control panel addon you will be able to switch VFAI addons on and off in the middle of the game. The control panel is moveable (finally) and will indicate which relevant addons are being found (Equipment, Smoke, ACE Mod), hence some options will or will not be selectable.

==============================================================

If you dont like this feature or only parts of it then change it in the control panel, if you dont like it period then find it in your Warmod addons folder, and that will remove it. its very customizable.

something about warmod everyone needs to understand if they dont already, the mod is basically many addons and mods compiled together, the first page lists them all in detail, basically 3 months of research, testing, downloading, and uploading, and writing were done to compile many fixes, enhancements, and alterations to the game that should have been in it to begin with.

In other words the mod is customizable to your play style, if you dont care for a feature then remove it from the addons folder.

All i did is what i just said but basically put all the mods together. For the error issues, the only things i can really tell you is that, it could be possible that 2 mods are not compatible that you would get an error, another way to would be any addons that you work with that adjust or changes something that warmod already has can make some things come up.

If I had wrote a config for Warmod getting all the addons and mods to work together then it could be a great possibility that no issues would come up, of course i have no clue how to do that, i feel that warmod in its state amazingly works rather efficient, and the miniscule issues that you or I or anyone else has isn't really much of a deturent from playing the game, as nothing really prevents you or stops you from play like as in game crashes, or freezes ect.,

Personally I like warmod where its at, I have myself have removed one addon which was the blacking out when you got really wounded, I fly alot in the mission I play with my unit and when i blackout its rather annoying, and has got me killed a few times, so i removed it, less frustrating. for the mod itself, i simply cannot go back to reg arma, it simply blows without warmod.

we really have to thank:rolleyes: all those that have taken the time to make all the addons and mods that are in WarMod as without them Warmod wouldn't be what it is.

anything else i can help you out with then let me know.:)

Here is a two-part gameplay movie I made using WarMod. It's just gameplay - no Hollywood choreographing - I don't know how to do that. And to be honest, I'd rather be playing than scripting. Be forewarned - there's a lot of foul language (which is awesome! :yay: )

Unfortunately, I didn't find out until afterwards that ECS defaults Terrain Detail to Low when playing MP. It's an easy fix to the settings file to change that to Very High....makes a noticeable difference. The final movies are 1280x720 with sky-high bit rates and only about 1.7GB in size. They look about exactly as what I see when I'm playing - too bad I can't upload them like that. :(

As you said, WarMod is great in that it's easy to pick and choose what mods you want enabled. I'm starting from scratch enabling mods one or a few at a time and checking results. This makes it REALLY customizable. I won't recommend running WarMod with other major mods you use. I think I'm simply going to dump my old mod list, go with WarMod only, and disable any of its mods I don't want. There's a lot of great stuff in there!

Will post another movie in about week with more intense action than those above.

Edited by DesertJedi

Nice work DesertJedi, quality of the vid is pretty decent, u do have a 2 gig upload limit to utube though.

i kinda have to chuckle in some situations, the AI was swearing and saying somecrazy stuff, ahh, aint nothing like it, again good job man.

My buddy and I ande a few others play an edited version of evoultion and my buddy (cofounder of the 187th) records clips in our mission, best him then me as he has a real high end compt do get the best quality, but im hopin soon to get that uploaded and see what he recorded.

I'm starting from scratch enabling mods one or a few at a time and checking results.

heh this is what i did back in novemeber 09, when i coined the idea, researched any addons and mods that would alter the gameplay, i spent sleepless nights, researching and downloadeing file after file and compiling into olders to test them on by one. 3 months later the latest version is 1.3

But ya check out whats in there and see what they do. an idea you can try is make a mod folder, and add it to your reg arma and put the mods u want to test in that folder and see what changes, its like a trial and error, and process of customization.

I won't recommend running WarMod with other major mods you use.

already did this, i tested warmod with Ace, CWR, VTE, Unsung, SLX, I44, warmod works pretty much with any mod, u might get errors or something coming up if a mod has teh same thing addon, or mod as warmod but, for I44 which has its own configs for the inf weapons, warmod wouldn't change much, same for VTE, and unsung, a tiny bit with CWR but overall the gameplay is ausome, with Ace its pretty cool as you get Ace's features as well.

Dont limit yourself, but overall its all in how you play and how you want to play.

UPDATE

added 2 links with an update of the mod:

WarMod 1.3 FULL

https://dc150.4shared.com/download/197903892/1d13e40d/WarMod_Full_v_13.rar

WarMod 1.3 Patch

https://dc173.4shared.com/download/197697160/870e592/WarMod_Patch_13.rar

the update removes the:

-mbg cartridges

as it was conflicting with Deadfast's Cartridge.

Only use these links if you dont have Warmod, or if you have a version that is not 1.3

Hey Gunter, when I extract the WarMod 1.3 Patch with 7-zip, it says ZGB_TankModels.pbo is corrupted.

it says ZGB_TankModels.pbo is corrupted.
Maybe Gunter hasn't updated those downloads yet. The "full" version is "clean".

Been doing a lot of experimenting with mod...

Got rid of the voice mod (eva_voice?) that gives you the walkie-talkie radio sounds. Got some negative feedback on that as it makes it hard to understand what's being said. Interestingly, after I removed it, the RUG voices mod started giving errors. I tested RUG alone and I do get the occasional error message from it...."missing entries". But it does make your soldiers say some awesome things.

I also had to get rid of the NWG Sight Adjustment mod as it started giving an error every time. But I wouldn't use that anyway.

Probably the one mod that makes the biggest "change" is the True mod that increases engagment distance. Some effects:

- enemy soldiers actually shoot at you from 800-1000m. They don't hit you but it's annoying. Not sure why they're shooting from so far away.

- a UAZ with grenade launcher will treat you to "artillery barrages" from long distances

- enemy vehicles and soldiers can now be extremely deadly at much longer distance (no duh!)

Does anyone know the difference between TrueGamePlay-Ai-Engagment and TrueRangeAI? They're listed as separate mods at Armaholic and the page on TrueRangeAI says it has a slider the change the "engagement range". That would be a big help.

Hey guys back from Florida,

to answer your questions:

it says ZGB_TankModels.pbo is corrupted.

Its probably corrupted because it needs the other addons that go with it, not totally sure, but personally i removed that part of the ZGB mod because like i said in a previous post the models work with another the thing that it needed was complex as it made the sites and shooting of the tanks super realistic and more complicated so i removed it, but just remove it if it give you trouble.

go back a page or more and i have links that give you the orginal downloads for that mod.

Maybe Gunter hasn't updated those downloads yet. The "full" version is "clean".

those downloads are the latest, if you guys are having an issue with an addon or a mod then simply remove it, this can happen, theres really nothing i can do to fix this for you, as warmod is a compilation mod which means i do not have a config for all the mods to get them all to work together, they are simply compiled together.

I also had to get rid of the NWG Sight Adjustment mod as it started giving an error every time.

do you have the other mods that go with it? Keep all the NWD mod together and you wont get errors. I dont get errors showing up other than the ZBG models which are missing, but i use the other stuff.

What i suggest is to subtract rather than start from nothing and add, I already spent 3 months doing that for you, its eaiser to subtract then add, but whatever, its your game you decide how you want to play.

Me i dont get errors, and when i made the mod i had like 2 errors and solved one of them, the other error is just because I removed an addon that works with another which was intentional.

Does anyone know the difference between TrueGamePlay-Ai-Engagment and TrueRangeAI? They're listed as separate mods at Armaholic and the page on TrueRangeAI says it has a slider the change the "engagement range". That would be a big help.

Dont use trurangeAi because its the old version, this below is the real truerange AI, Its all on the first page, like i said before I did all this already, i spent almost a month getting perssions and spoke with alot of these guys about their mods when i had questions:

TrueRangeAI - (also known as truegamplaymods)

by

rg7621

TrueGameplay-AI-Spotting v1.0- Increased AI spotting distance (AI will spot a "Man" or "Vehicle" far away and specify the specific unit when the two get closer or one uses optics).

- Adjusted visibility so that movement speed and stance play a more important role in AI spotting.

= Most > Least Visible (Sprint/Run/Walk - Stand/Crouch/Prone)

- Decreased visibility significantly while crouched and prone for a greater stealth aspect.

= Most > Least Visible (CrouchWalk/CrouchStop/ProneFastMove/ProneSlowMove/ProneStop)

All of these aspects affect AI spotting ability...

- The units skill setting (Low-High). Can be the difference of ~200m spotting distance.

- ViewDistance (Below 1200mVD shortens spotting distance and above 1200mVD increases spotting distance).

- UnitType (Grunt, SF, sniper) = Most > Least Visible (Civilian/AverageSoldier/SF/Sniper).

- Speed at which you move (Stationary, Crawl, CrouchWalk, Walk, Run, Sprint). Can be the difference of 100's of meters spotting distance. Slow and stealthy approach is guaranteed the safest.

TrueGameplay-AI-Hearing v1.0- Increased auditory awareness distance (AI will hear gunfire and vehicle engines at greater distances).

TrueGameplay-AI-Radar v1.0- AI should not fire past the ViewDistance line ("beyond the fog"). The only time which they might, may be because they are still tracking a target for 5 more seconds, because of the AI 5-second cycle or AA.

- Static Weapons (StaticM2, D30, ect..) don't show or give off radar signals.

- Using fog and vehicles with radar is still dangerous, but they're visibility is greatly reduced if you do use fog. The safest way would be to match the VD with the fog line (Ex. If fog cuts visibility down too 500m, then setViewDistance should be 500m).

TrueGameplay-AI-Engagment v1.0 (Already in warmod v 1.1)

- Increased engagement distance (AI will engage up to 600m for typical).

- Increased rate of fire (AI will engage at a faster pace and they will use burst/full-auto mode around and up to 300m).

- AI will fire handheld weapons at transport helicopters moving at medium to slow speed (AH6 included).

- AI will fire AT rounds at slow moving helicopters.

- AI tanks will fire Sabot rounds at slow moving helicopters and possibly HE rounds at infantry.

- AA units will now engage Jets. (AA soldiers now fire AA at fast moving Jets).

TrueGameplay-AI-Engagment v1.0

-------------------------------

- Increased rate of fire (AI will engage at a faster pace and they will use burst/full-auto mode around and up to 300m).

- AI will fire handheld weapons at transport helicopters moving at medium to slow speed (AH6 included).

- AI tanks will fire Sabot rounds at slow moving helicopters and possibly HE rounds at infantry.

again all the info for all the mods that are in warmod are in warmod release topic, just go back to the first page, or go to your readme.

do you have the other mods that go with it?
Yes, I do.
What i suggest is to subtract rather than start from nothing and add...its eaiser to subtract then add.
That's exactly how I approached it too.
Me i dont get errors
Wish I could say that. If I go online and play on a "WarMod" server, if I have disabled some mods that give me problems (the voice stuff and the sight adjustment), could I still join the server?

BTW, what mod does "weapons.cfg" belong to? It's the only file I couldn't identify.

If I go online and play on a "WarMod" server, if I have disabled some mods that give me problems (the voice stuff and the sight adjustment), could I still join the server?

yes of course you should be able too.

what mod does "weapons.cfg" belong to?

that belongs to truegamplaymods, you dont want to remove that you'll have all sorts of stuff not work.

UPDATE

ECS TWEAK

In the ecp/GL3 tweaks readme there is a tweak that is incorrect it is in local.

what i found was this tweak which is actually the correct one,

this one can be found in the ECS Global

ECS_public set[16, false]

Volumetric fog / Volumetric and dynamic fog effect

set the code above in your Gloabal to false, it disables the volumetric fog, which has been known to cause alot of lag ingame.

I saw that setting at the ECS web site and left it on "true".

On one mission, it started raining and everything got REALLY foggy. It was some seriously cool s**t. Was able to use it to approach the enemy and blasted an APC while using the fog as cover. I wasn't watching my frame rates at the time though.

ECS has a nice FPS counter but I have to use the uglier one in Rivatuner because FRAPS will show the ECS FPS counter in movies, not so with Rivatuner. I know, I strayed a little OT on that stuff.

Ya it all depends on the player, for me that fog seriously kills my game, when i disabled it, it was like i got a new computer, but again its on personal taste, how one plays, and overall what your computer can handle.

Hi All,

Great mod btw...

Whilst playing CWR mod I found some issue with WARMOD 1.3 that caused serious problems... I had to remove ZGB_TankLoadout.pbo otherwise in missions with M1 abrams and T72/T80 tanks the tanks had no main gun ammo, I discovered this playing Sharkeye II campaign and in CWR Cold War Crisis campaign.. After removing the above mentioned pbo the missions worked perfectly.....

Also the AK47/AK74 burst fire mode was 3 round burst but warmod changed it to 5 round burst .. Is there a way to fix this ????

Finally, is there a way to overide ECS mod setting to switch terrain detail to low, I prefer a high terrain detail and my CPU/GPU can handle it easily ?

Thanks in advance for any help...... and keep up the good work...

Finally, is there a way to overide ECS mod setting to switch terrain detail to low, I prefer a high terrain detail and my CPU/GPU can handle it easily ?

Yes, you have to change the value assigned to setting 9 in the ECS Locals Settings Table. If you use 3.125, that equals very high. You can check out the settings here.

I wonder if setting variable 8 in the Local Settings Table to false would completely prevent ECS from even messing with Terrain Detail. But it seems to default to false. Not sure what it does.

------

I found that the Voice Quiet mod to keep the soldiers quiet is incompatible with, I think, ECS itself in WarMod. When I have both VoiceQuiet and WarMod active at the same time, when I start a mission, the screen goes black, the two mods get into a cagefight and WarMod emerges the winner...i.e. VoiceQuiet doesn't work.

Thanks for the help DesertJedi....

Also, How do i enable in game UI action icons ? climb ladder is a up / down arrow, gear is a rifle icon, heal is a cross, board vehicle is a steering wheel or seat etc...

Which pbo is the voice quite, because i prefer the voices...

Edited by Dhill68
additional question i initially forgot.....

How do i enable in game UI action icons ?

Warmod dont have them as they have been disabled.

to reenable the UI action Icons, go into your Warmod Addons folder and remove this addon:

PROPER_UI_No_ActionIcons

Which pbo is the voice quite, because i prefer the voices...

There is no pbo with voice quiet in Warmod, thats deserjedi's addon to warmod on his end. So dont worry you will hear the voices.

keep in mind that warmod is a major compilation mod, that means you can remove addons, and mods that conflict with your game, if your not totally sure then let me know I can tell you.

If you need to know whats in Warmod then check out the readme that comes with warmod that lists all the addons and mods in the mod.

any other questions let me know.

Edited by Gnter Severloh

Günter: IIRC you have played the Cold War Rearmed mod. If so, is this mod compatible with CWR?

Warmod is pretty much compatible with most mods.

I do have CWR and it does work fine.

Any questions let me know, I will answer them as soon as i can.

Hey

Be sure to check the Warmod group. Sorry it took me a long time to reply.

Cheers

Been starting to see the various mods and addons i had used in Warmod show up in Arma 2, maybe down the road when the mods and such get built up i can put together a Arma 2 version of Warmod but its alot of work, and theres never any guarentee that mods will work together, like they did in Arma.

I still play Arma have my own Arma server i and a friend play on, Desertjedi has been on our server a few times, anyone esle still use warmod with Arma?

Personally i cant play without it!

Just started downloading WarMod and what it needs and I gotta ask, what are the main changes over the ECS mod it requires?

To answer your question from another thread related to warmod,

Over the ECS mod, nothing over or under, ECS isn't really required per say, i found that ECS, and GL3 seriously compliment warmod based on what warmod has in its list of addons and mods.

To further go into detail,Warmod has addons and mods contained that ECS, and GL3 do not have, Warmod has not its own configs but is a compilation mod of many mods that enhance, fix, and alter one's game to more functional and effective and interesting levels of play that give more control and ability back to the player, in other words stop fighting the game!

for example,

* to much sway in your gun, to hard to hit an enemy, np i added a addon for that,

* recoil to jumpy, np addon an addon for that.

*AI dont know shit from shanghai, and are stupid, np I added severall addons and mods for that

* choppers eaily shot down, np fixed that, get the idea? heres the list:

=======================================================

Here is a list of all the addons and mods that are in WarMod and this is without ECS and GL3

================================

The following list are all the feature addons and Mods that are used and in WARMOD!

===========================================================================================

-------------------------------------------------

-= /// ProperMods \\\ =-

-------------------------------------------------

PROPER UI Instant Map Object Zoom

Changed zoom duration of map objects to instant .

PROPER UI No Loading Anim

Design goal is the removal of the loading animation (radar) . We found it annoying and without real use.

PROPER UI No ActionIcons

complete removal of the console actionlike markers have been reworked for better realism

PROPER UI No LoadingPic

Design goal is the complete removal of the loading pictures (like this) . We found it annoying after a while and without real use. Black screen all the way.

PROPER UI No PeripheralVision

removes enemy / friendly / neutral peripheral vision indicator at the edge of the screen. It might be an experiment to simulate peripheral vision. However to us it seems more like a console feature.

People should learn to get a proper awareness of the game world without artificial tools for themselves.

In addition the console like blood splash at the center of the screen was removed as well.

Awareness should come from natural visuals and sounds, not from artificial tools.

Proper weapon collision shape

Fixes the annoying movement where if your in between doors, u cannot turn around, or when your on a stair or jump down you cannot turn,

you are like stuck for a few secs.

PROPER UI Speedup Gear

The addon is meant to speedup the gear dialog. The initial loading lag should be eliminated.

PROPER UI Speedup RscMapControl

The addon is meant to speedup the display of the map and map objects like the compass. The initial loading lag should be eliminated or significantly reduced

PROPER Gameplay No AT Use Vs Men By AI

Makes AI soldiers NOT use the AT launchers vs hostile infantry. Works only for infantry in your group in MP. Otherwise the server and all other players need to have it too.

PROPER Gameplay Object SupplyRadius Expanded

Tripled supplyRadius for all objects to make it more convenient (expanded supplyRadius demo video).

PROPER Gameplay RadioProtocol Fixed

Removes the xmit error in the ArmA.rpt.

PROPER Gameplay Vehicle InsideSoundCoef

It reduces sound volume inside vehicles significantly.

If you dislike the fact that the (engine sound in particular) sound is way too

loud if you are inside vehicles, you will love this one.

You will be happy to go easy on with your ears again and have a good voice chat

with your buddies while being in some vehicle.

Note that the volume is still good in order to hear all the things around you.

PROPER Gameplay Vehicle No Alarm Sound

Disables the annoying alarm sound when being hit as a vehicle.

PROPER Gameplay Vehicle OccludeAndObstructSounds

Improve audio-visual awareness inside vehicles significantly.

Well, did you ever felt lost in ArmA tanks - I am sure you did!

This is primarily due to the limited audio-visual awareness inside vehicles

(compared to OFP in particular).

BI tried to introduce a fancy realism effect... as a result inside vehicles

you are almost completely deaf. In other words unable to hear the surrounding

sound scenery properly, like immediate hostile fire or even direct impacts at

your vehicle.

PROPER Gameplay Vehicle StartEngine Disabled

Disables the effect that the vehicle engine is activated once you turn the turret (as gunner or commander).

PROPER Gameplay Weapon Disperion Disabled

Reduced and unified the infantry weapon dispersion for all weapons. It is now again: "where you aim, there you hit" principle. Very satisfying comparted to the high disperion in vanilla ArmA weapons.

PROPER Gameplay Weapon Dot Crosshair hedcrusha

Replaces the weapon cursor for rifles, pistols and machine guns with a dot .

PROPER Gameplay Weapon No Dexterity

Reduces vertical weapon sway for all infantry weapons besides launcher type weapons. Horizontal weapon sway does hardly exist (or not at all) for non launcher type weapons. So the delay is mainly / solely related to ones mouse sensitivity settings. Gives the player a lot more direct mouse control over the weapon.

In addition you are recommended to double the y axis sensitivity value

(mouseSensitivityY) based on your x axis value (mouseSensitivityX).

The values are to be found in your "YourUser.ArmAprofile" file.

The floatingZoneArea should be set to the very left (equals zero) too

floatingZoneArea=0.000000;

in order to get the best direct mouse control over the weapon.

PROPER Anims Fast Forward Transition

Sprint transitions are quite broken in ArmA. The idea is to replace sprint with run gameplay wise. This addon doubles the diagonal forward and straightforward run speed to make it equal to the sprint speed. In addition the diagonal forward and straightforward walk is accelerated by 150 percent to make it more useful.

PROPER World Desert Island Instant IntroAnims

The intro missions in the main menu for OFP Desert Island in ArmA by Solus are reworked.

PROPER World Sahrani Rahmadi Instant IntroAnims

The intro missions in the main menu from Sahrani and Rahmadi are reworked. With this addon the same second you exit the editor, you are back in the main menu. Without it can take several seconds .

PROPER Plants standard textures with lowplants

This addon replaces all ArmA vegetation (trees and bushes).

Features:

1. AI view is blocked by the tree/bush object!

unlike in vanilla Arma the trees and bushes do not block the Ai site of you.

Check Durg's (AI View) Vegetation Fix for details and screens.

2. Ability to hide in bushes

3. To run over trees without resistance with the heavy tanks

That makes mowing down loads of trees again.

Speed reduction still applied for smaller vehicles.

PROPER ToughChopperRotor

This little addon makes it impossible that the main/back rotor can brake.

The chopper may still suffer from a fuel leak, out-of-control spinning or complete destruction.

This probably can be achieved via config tweaking as well, yet this works universally for all choppers out of the box.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

-=/// TrueGameplayMods \\\ =-

---------------------------------------------------------------------

(note: full credit goes to the Truegamplaymods Team for their fine work and effort, I do not make any claims of these mods that they are mine)

TrueGameplay-AI-Engagment v1.0

TrueGameplay-AI-Spotting v1.0

- Increased AI spotting distance (AI will spot a "Man" or "Vehicle" far away and specify the specific unit when the two get closer or one uses optics).

- Adjusted visibility so that movement speed and stance play a more important role in AI spotting.

= Most > Least Visible (Sprint/Run/Walk - Stand/Crouch/Prone)

- Decreased visibility significantly while crouched and prone for a greater stealth aspect.

= Most > Least Visible (CrouchWalk/CrouchStop/ProneFastMove/ProneSlowMove/ProneStop)

All of these aspects affect AI spotting ability...

- The units skill setting (Low-High). Can be the difference of ~200m spotting distance.

- ViewDistance (Below 1200mVD shortens spotting distance and above 1200mVD increases spotting distance).

- UnitType (Grunt, SF, sniper) = Most > Least Visible (Civilian/AverageSoldier/SF/Sniper).

- Speed at which you move (Stationary, Crawl, CrouchWalk, Walk, Run, Sprint). Can be the difference of 100's of meters spotting distance. Slow and stealthy approach is guaranteed the safest.

TrueGameplay-AI-Hearing v1.0

- Increased auditory awareness distance (AI will hear gunfire and vehicle engines at greater distances).

TrueGameplay-AI-Radar v1.0

- AI should not fire past the ViewDistance line ("beyond the fog"). The only time which they might, may be because they are still tracking a target for 5 more seconds, because of the AI 5-second cycle or AA.

- Static Weapons (StaticM2, D30, ect..) don't show or give off radar signals.

- Using fog and vehicles with radar is still dangerous, but they're visibility is greatly reduced if you do use fog. The safest way would be to match the VD with the fog line (Ex. If fog cuts visibility down too 500m, then setViewDistance should be 500m).

TrueGameplay-Animation-TransitionFixs v1.0

- Fixed Run-Sprint-Run Transitions (Rifle&Pistol) (If using "FastForward" key rather then "EvasiveForward" for sprinting)

- Fixed L/R Run-Sprint Transition (Rifle)

- Fixed CrouchRun-Sprint Transition (Rifle&Pistol)

- Fixed CrouchRun-Dive Transition (Rifle)

TrueGameplay-Vehicle-OffroadSpeed v1.0

- INCREASED driving speeds for various vehicles when driving offroad. ALL speeds are faster, but offroad vs. non-offroad vehicles differ.

* Rough Guidelines...

--------------------

- Full Speed = All vehicles driving on paved road (Default Speed).

- Fast Speed = Motorcycles

- Medium-Fast Speed = Larger vehicles (Trucks, HMMWV, UAZ, Ural, Stryker, BRDM, ect..)

- Slow-Medium Speed = Smaller civilian cars (Skoda, Sudan, Hatchback, ect..)

TrueGameplay-Vehicle-SteeringSensitivity v1.0

- INCREASED steering sensitivity speeds for all cars, trucks, and light armor vehicles so that driving with a mouse is much easier due to the increased sensitivity.

TrueGameplay-Weapon-TurretRotationSpeed v1.0

- CHANGED Turret rotation speeds for various guns/vehicles.

* Rough Guidelines...

--------------------

- Fast Speed = LightVehicleTurret/StandingStaticTurret

- Medium Speed = MiscArmorTurret/CommanderTurret

- Slow Speed = TankTurret/SittingTripodStaticTurret

TrueGameplay-Survivability-Helicopter v1.0

- INCREASED armor values for all helicopters and they're components SLIGHTLY, but MOSTLY for the engine component.

Things you will notice...

=========================

- The main thing you will notice is that you can take some more damage before your engine fails. How many times have you had one enemy tracer hit your engine and you fall right out of the sky? I can't count the number of times. NOW The odds are much higher for a rear rotor failure, fuel leak, or being shot in the pilot seat, rather then one tracer destroying your engine, sending you plummeting to the ground. Now pilots will more then not emergency land and survive. Can you say rescue mission?

-------------------------------------------------------------

-=/// Misc Addons & Mods \\\=

--------------------------------------------------------------

AI sandbag fix

With this addon installed, the AI soldiers should be able to shoot when staying/kneeling behind sandbags.

Andy binoculars & laser designator

A very small simple addon which enable you to look around while using binoculars and laser designator.

It helps for a quick look around without putting your binoculars away.

Ammo Object Replacement

This addon will replace default bag you see on the ground when you drop ammo or a weapon with the correct model of the ammo/weapon type

Darker Ironsights

This pack contains weapons that are retextured to make the front sight darker

This addon will replace BIS' default textures with The Author's textures.

I was bored, and kind of let down by BIS' ironsights on the m16 and m4 rifles, I would have to strain my eyes to see them. So I decided to try retexturing them so I can see them easier. I just added a little spray to the front post area so it kind of looks like some one sprayed it with that sight black stuff.

All the m16 and m4 rifles, without aimpoints or acogs, are modified with darkened ironsights (just the front post section, not the rear peep hole.) This comes with a replacement mod so you can play with them online without having to add them to missions. Install it just like any other addon. Heres a list of the altered rifles:

M16A2

M16A2 with grenade launcher

M16A4

M16A4 with grenade launcher

M4

M4A1

Dynamic Sound AI

* Your AI will shout curses at the enemy, tell you when they're reloading, throwing a grenade, engaging, when they're hurt, fleeing or when they've scored a big kill! And much more.

* Works in both SP, client-side MP and server-side MP

* Features English, Arab, Russian and Spanish voices by default

* Can assign voices to all sides (BLUFOR, OPFOR, Independent, Civilian, SideEnemy)

* Easily activated/deactived by mission makers, addon makers or server admins as required, using global variables and config entries (see below for more information)

* Auto-initialization using XEH (fully XEH compatible)

Extended Voice Addon

This Addon contains some of additional words and adds some variants in

AI radioprotocol. Basically, this is the reports on wounds, losses, targeting and attack.

Extended eventhandlers (xeh)

This addon allows a virtually infinite amount of event handlers to be used together from different addons.

Maddmatt Effects mod

This mod improves ArmA's particle effects, such as explosions and fires.

It contains many new effects, including:

* New effects for weapons and explosions

* Various weapon firing effects

* More smoke when buildings are destroyed

* New burning and smoke effects

* AT backblast effects

* Aircraft destroyed in the air now leave a flame/smoke trail

* Various other tweaks

Deadfast's Cartridges (v 0.2.0)

Allows cartridges to stay on the ground and simulating ejected ones from mounted weapons on vehicles it brings the atmosphere to a new level!

Nothing better then walking through all that brass at the end of a mission :)

Scripts are pre-compilled and cartridge models do not display in distance to ensure maximal possible performance.

Features:

8 cartridge models created by Mondkalb (reference photos by Freshman):

- 9x19 Luger

- .45 ACP (not used ATM)

- 5.56x45 NATO

- 7.62x51 NATO

- .50 BMG

- 20mm

- 40mm grenade

- Hand grenade safety pin

* Automatic removal system based on time and/or cartridge limit.

* Simulation of ejected cartridges for some vehicles

NWD_Ballistics

The supposed difference between the ArmA ballistics and the VBS2 ballistics is ArmA's lack of bullet-specific ballistic coefficients. With this mod, that difference is no longer. When poking around the data files, I found that the "airFriction" parameter can be set per bullet type. After a little research, a little ballistics calculator work, and a whole lot of tweaking, I've managed to create proper exterior ballistics for each small-arms bullet.

Rounds now drop much, much more, particularly 5.56 mm and 5.45 mm rifle bullets. Since damage is dependent on speed in ArmA, that also means that body armor has no problem stopping rounds past 500-600 meters. You'll still take damage, but not much.

In addition to increasing bullet drop, this mod will re-zero all small arms to fix a small issue in ArmA. The "distanceZoomMin/Max" values seemingly do not take sight height into account, and actually set the distance at which bullets will re-cross the plane of the barrel. This is not the same as zero, which is properly defined as the distance at which the bullets will touch or cross the plane of the sights. This ranged from a 3% error for .50 caliber rifles to a 47% error for M16s and M4s with ACOG scopes. In short, weapons should now be zeroed at the distances they were supposed to be zeroed at.

NWD_RocketBallistics

This pbo includes redone rocket and missile ballistics, including the AT4 and RPG-7.

The M136 AT4 ballistics should be fairly accurate as long as you fire within +/- 10 degrees of horizontal. The RPG-7 is hopeless, but it at least has a realistic muzzle velocity and flight range. The other rockets and missiles have (mostly) realistic thrust times, impulses, and maneuverability.

Javelin missiles will fly my best approximation of the direct-attack profile, climbing out to 25 meters before diving down. Without any script to do this, I had to decrease the missile maneuverability. Unfortunately, this means you will not hit any target closer than 350 m away from you. Javelin launchers aren't present by default in ArmA, so this isn't so terrible.

This mod does not completely fix SACLOS ATGMs. ArmA guides these by placing an invisible target 1500 m in front of your sights and guiding the missile to that. This is a terrible method. You will never hit a moving target at ranges less than 1500 m, and you will never hit any target at ranges greater than 1500 m. At 1500m, the missile just starts to fly in circles around the invisible target.

NWD_ScopeFix v2.2

This mod replaces all small arms optics with accurate versions, with reticles redrawn from scratch. Version 2 reticles also feature brand new optics models done from scratch, enabling reticle illumination and widescreen support. Reticles will be illuminated between dusk and dawn, whenever lights are on as decided by ArmA. Specific information about each reticle can be found under "extended information" at the image pages linked above. In short, all rangefinders, windage lines, mil dots, and BDC ticks are now at least 95% accurate, and the scope reticles now look (mostly) like they do in real life.

Real Dispersion

by

NonWonderDog

Description:

This fixes something that annoyed me to no end: in the stock game, the accuracy of single shots depended on your fire mode! With this mod, that particular bit of insanity only applies to the AI, and single shots with your rifle set to automatic fire will be exactly as accurate as single shots with your rifle set to single fire. Sniper rifle dispersion is also increased to realistic values, and MP5 and handgun dispersion is reduced to realistic values. (Small arms dispersions might still be twice what they should be, but that's the way it was before. I think the value might be halved for player weapons.) Gatling cannon and machine gun dispersions are also reduced to their published values, being 1.5-3 mil for mounted machine guns and 5-8 mil for gatling cannon.

Sharper Recoil

Q11_Recoils

As many of you may have noticed BIS recoils are a bit weird. Apart from being slow (BIS recoil starts after the shot) there is also some strange movement of the gun after the recoil itself. It quickly moves down and then up again, probably trying to simulate rezeroing. What I did was 1)Start the recoil the moment the shot starts, 2)Get rid of the barrel dive (almost to zero) and 3) Make the overall recoil cycle shorter. I liked the result and decided to share the stuff with the community. I would appreciate any constructive feedback to further improve this little mod.

Q11_RealROF:

Realistic rates of fire for small arms.

From the moment the user decides to fire, it takes roughly 0,2 seconds before the triggerfinger follows the "order" to do so given by the brain. The firing-pin strikes the primer roughly 0,005 seconds after later. The propellant then ignites inside the bulletcase in roughly 0,0004 seconds, for a total of 0,2054 seconds. Because of the ignition of the primer the propellant is ignited and gas pressure begins to build. This chemical reaction continues even after the bullet has left the barrel. After about 0,004 seconds the bullet is free of the bulettcase and starts it's way through the barrel. The bullet exists the barrel at an approximate speed of 1000 meters per second (assault rifle), after it has been pushed though the barrel in about 0,0012 seconds. The total time it takes to hit a target at 100 meters from the signal the brain sends to the bullet actually hitting the target is about 0,3606 seconds. It is interesting to note that the shooter doesn't feel the recoil until roughly 0,2 seconds after the bullet has exited the barrel.

Fire while running animation

This will enable you to fire your weapon from the hip while running, whereas vanilla Arma you cannot.

6thSense.eu Pack 1 (v 0.4)

by

6thSense (sickboy)

Included *.pbo files : Needed addons :

SIX_Blood.pbo

SIX_CRDS.pbo

SIX_Editorupdate.pbo

SIX_Misc.pbo

SIX_Tracers.pbo

Description:

* 6thSense.eu Misc - Contains functions, scripts and settings used by other 6thSense.eu Addons, and More!

* 6thSense.eu Blood - Enables Unit Dammage (Bleeding etc) and Special Blood Squirt Effects

* 6thSense.eu CRDS - Enables Unit Dammage (Bleeding etc) and Special Player Hit FX

* 6thSense.eu EditorUpdate - Enables otherwise hidden classes inside the editor so you can place them

* 6thSense.eu Tracers - Enables Tracers for MG's & Vehicle Weapons

6thSense.eu Pack 2 (v 0.1)

by

6thSense (sickboy)

Included *.pbo files :

* SIX_Repl_Reloadtime.pbo

* 6thSense.eu Reloadtime - Updated reloadtimes of rifles with values that are closer to reallife

AI Grenadier Fix

This addon corrects for an Arma bug that seems to have been present since grenade launcher sights were introduced. AI Grenadiers aim about 10 degrees too high when firing their grenade launchers. It seems as if their AI code raises their arms too high, probably having something to do with the memory points on the weapon. It was pointed out to me that "GL look" and "GL_Eye" are about 11 degrees offset from the direction of the barrel.

This addon adds an 'fired' eventhandler to every unit that changes the flight path of AI fired grenades to be 10 (or so) degrees lower than their original flight path, allowing grenadiers to hit their target almost every time.

Sprint and Animation fixer

- Fixes all missing transitions between standing, kneeling, sprinting, running and walking.

- Unarmed players can now sprint diagonally. <- I don't consider this a cheat as it was broken by BIS accidentally and not intentional.

- Fixes BOTH sprint modes. Double tap 'w' sprint or turbo key sprint

Fixed range nightvision

The purpose of this addon is to disable the disliked nightvision HDR effect.

Gameplay notes:

-The NV sensivity is set by default to 1.5, which is good for most nights of the year.

-You can adjust the sensivity by PageUp and PageDown keys.

-You can switch the game's stock automatic nightvision adjustment on and off from your action menu. It is disabled by default.

SDP Vehicles with multiple guns

by

Sudden Death

Description:

The addon brings you fully working twin mguns to the AH6 chopper and BIS Camel and fully working AA-Gun to the ZSU "Shilka".

The models and textures are all BIS original stuff, only added the scripts.

If you want to use those scripts with your own addon, please ask for permission and give me credits.

Features:

AH6:

- working 2nd M134-MG

AH6 (RACS):

- working 2nd M134-MG

ZSU "Shilka":

- fully working AA_Gun

BIS Camel:

- working Twin-Gun

===========================================================================================

VFAI - AI Extension

by

Victor Farbau

Description:

VFAI will allow units to scan their immediate environment for bodys and their equipment. If a unit goes below certain ammo levels it will try to snitch a magazine, a grenade or smokebomb here and there. If the unit looses its weapon or does not find ammo in a given time the unit will focus on getting a new weapon as quick as possible. In that case the unit will drop the empty weapon. As of version 2 VFAI should automatically detect and handle all weapons types including 3rd party addon weapons. However I noticed some difficulties if addon creators used mixed upper/lower case

class numbers in their addons.

VFAI consists of 3 independent addons

1. VFAI_Equipment

enables units to independently equip themselves with weapons and ammo from dead bodys. Further information and details included in the readme file. I advise you to read the readme file - it might explain some behaviour you wonder about. Installation: read the readme file (it is easy).

2. VFAI_Smokeshell

will cause units to throw smokeshells whenever they're hit. They will try to throw smoke into the direction of the gunner to block his view. More details in the included readme file. All units will then be equipped with 1 smokeshell and will know when to use it.

Attention ACE Mod users: ACE uses additional "Hit" event handlers to simulate gunshot wounds. It might interfere when both addons try to process the hit event at the same time. I got stuck only once in a seemingly endless animation loop due to that; but it can happen. If you experience this too often, simply turn off Smokeshell.AI through the control panel or don't install SmokeshellAI.pbo at all.

3. VFAI Control Panel

Using this control panel addon you will be able to switch VFAI addons on and off in the middle of the game. The control panel is moveable (finally) and will indicate which relevant addons are being found (Equipment, Smoke, ACE Mod), hence some options will or will not be selectable.

GDTModTracked

by

HeinBloed

Description:

This Addon is monitoring each tank's up vector, vertically speed vector, and vertically position.

If the limits are exceeded the tank will be placed on ground and it's Speed will be halved.

This Addon is primarily running server side. On client side it is only necessarily for tanks which are created on the client machine.

==========================================================================================

GDT Mod Satchel

by

HeinBloed

Description:

This Addon enables you to attach Satchels to Vehicles.

This Addon is client side only.

Usage:

Action Menu:

Attach Satchel to Vehicle

Attach satchel to a vehicle. (Only one satchel per vehicle)

Set timer +1 minute

Timer for this satchel increased by 1 minute. (If you don't start the timer befor you set the timer on another vehicle the timer on the first vehicle will be reset to 1 minute)

Start timer

Starts the countdown timer for this satchel.

Deactivate bomb

Deaktivates the satchel. Player will gets the satchel back.

Touch Off vehicle bomb(s)

Touches off all satchels

==========================================================================================

Compact Fix for ArmA (v 1.16A)

by

zGuba

- zgb_deathcam

Watch your death in this new camera vew

(in the compact fix there were many included features, but Zguba told me

the mod was broke and when i tested it this and one other thing is what worked.)

zTanks Merge (v 0.9)

by

zGuba

Description:

- ZGB_TankBallistics.pbo

Based on NWD_TankBallistics. Contains ammo definitions and correct ballistics for shells.

Required by ZGB_TankLoadout.

Should be running on server.

- ZGB_TankFX.pbo

Main feature: blown turret FX. Solution by Sebastian Mueller.

Requires ZGB_TankModels.

Can be running on server.

- ZGB_TankLoadout.pbo

Based on NWD_TankLoadout. Correct loadout settings for tanks.

Requires ZGB_TankBallistics.

Can be running on server.

- ZGB_TankModels.pbo

Contains models that merge features of NonWonderDog's tank optics and SmurfC T-72.

Required by NWD_TankFCS and ZGB_TankFX.

Due to custom model animations should be running on server.

-=/// Enhancement Mods \\\=-

HiFi Novus Aevum / HiFi v2.0

A Realistic Sound Conversion mod

=========================================================

List above is from WarMod version 1.3

the list is all addons and mods excluding ECS, and GL3 mods.

Warmod has all almost all the fixes and major changes from all the addon, and mod makers, and yes i did get persmission from all the guys for their mods, list of great modders that allowed warmod to come into being, thank them for what they did, as warmod was just an idea of mine born out of frustration.

Any other questions let me know.

---------- Post added at 05:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:17 PM ----------

Something i forgot to add ages ago, that warmod changes the controls and sensitivity in the game, making your weapons, movement and so forth much more stable, and under your control.

However just my suggestion based on what i tried, for one's setting is if you turn the floating zone down all the way to the left, and increase the mouse sensitivity like 3/4 to the right you should notice some greater control over your weapon control, but based on personal taste and everyone is different i suggest making adjustments that fit your style of gameplay.

Another note on infantry weapon and movement is that the recoil is sharp, so no exaggerated jumps from a shot, unless you got the 50cal sniper rifle:D

your gun moves as fast up or down, side to side as fast as you move your mouse

no rediculous sway or dispersion, this is when your trying to aim your gun and hit a target be it close or far, the gun and sites are very suttle now really just barely move, which is a huge plus!

I personally hated that in vanilla arma that when you tried to aim and were not talking after a hefty sprint, but just relaxed state that your dam gun would move all over the place, making you take more shots, and miss which seriously drove me up the wall.

Whats funny and cool too is that after a huge firefight, you will see misc clips from enemies in different areas of the battlefield, as well as spent shell casing and stuff there too, its a real treat to see that.

The DSHK and the 50 cal static mgs, as well a the mgs on tanks and uaz's make a real mess of casings.

But overall I love the fact that you can control your weapon, you can run n gun, basically shoot while running, as well as shoot while moving while aiming, i find it alot more effective then vanilla arma as if i remember you have to stop to shoot.

I also like the fact that helicopters arn't completely useless now, as before a few rds from an gunner at that chopper would totally stop the rotor, now the choopers take a real beating before they go down, youll get fuel loss, and crazy spinning verse just dropping out of the air from to hits, I mean cmon.

Eve the grenades are enjoyable to see when they blow, unlike before, youd get this smokeless, flash, with little dirt coming up with a damp low sound, now you get what almost the real grenades do, smoke ect, but dont get to close to that explosion, you'll have ringing in your ears which will, make you deaf for a moment, lol

A buddy and I have our own server and we use warmod on that, we play an edited version of evolution blue, which is pretty baddass, it total annihlation of the cities you assault, the Ai are pretty ruthless.

Hopeing one of these days to record some cool footage of us ingame.

desertjedi who is a great fan of war mod has made several vids of war mod, check em out.

I got a few on the first post.

Any questions, or thoughts, then let me know.

Edited by Gnter Severloh