SyNcRoNiCzZ

SyNcRoNiCzZ AddOn Release Thread

@vilas

I doubt anyone wants to repack an addon just to change the tag.

heh, you might be surprised , i had ask of someone who wanted to RE_RELEASE my weapons pack but with his tag

i made in Arma1 small pack: AG36, MG36, MG3, MG4, G3, P1, P8 - one person mailed me 5 times about it cause not understood, but "i want my addon of german weapons"

i released Bradley in small addon along with 4 other US vehicles and i had some such situation, that 5 persons wanted to release it again without changes (they had no knowledge about configs, models, textures), just wanted "their addon"

Don't get me wrong if the original creator doesnt want it to be released, don't release it simple as that.

if community was made of people like you, we would not have any addons

creator releases his pack, cause he find fun in people using and having fun using his pack and having unique stuff (like most of top-quality mods)

why someone wouldnt give his permissions for someone to fork his project if the proposed changes arent what the creator had in mind

if someone wants to screw and break addon, than it is natural "no"

if someone aims in realism, and other want "Ghost Recon version of this army" or "twice bigger magazine for more shooting, yeaaa, hugh, cool" and turn mil-sim game into "another rambo shooter"

or simply other person wants to change good addon into bad (by making something wrongly like reequipping, rearming it into not realistic way)

what's wrong with sharing your work

depends on situation and persons to whom share

if you spent time on cooking good dinner, you like to hear bravo, not mister X who only used plate to put in on people's table

also such work is really tens or even hundreds of hours

for many of addonmakers (let's not cheat each other) main reason is internal proud "people like what i do, people enjoy and i enjoy when more people use it"

when you share "other man hears bravo" , and sometimes you hear what i heard few times (i share more than some famous mods who only keep unique stuff)

i heard "mod ABC rifle is good, vil rifle is poor" while mod ABC get my rifle

or "i download mod XYZ, they have Bradley" while i made it first

you know what you felt after spending 50 hours of work and you hear "ABC is better, XYZ is super cuz have this and that" and you know you gave this rifle to ABC and you found that XYZ something other... ?

after hard time spent on making - "thanx, good job" makes us happy :) and it is reason why some of us get addicted to produce addons instead of body building or watching movies

thats why some mods (really famous) never shared single element ?

and because of this some modmakers REFUSE to use your model/help, cause they want "their own"

and even if their is less realistic - refuse use yours, cause they see their own better "because made ourselves"

there is some kind of "ego issue" in this, yes, there is

but really, when you put in editor vehicle, rifle, soldier - you may not count days someone spent on it or even weeks (instead of doing other things)

sometimes i think "i am addicted of addons", cause hell, i should went to walk after job, not thinking "do i gave this rivet there, hell how many screws

Edited by vilas

There's many reasons why authors wouldn't want to share their work. It could be that they have plans to update the work themselves and therefore don't want other people making knock-offs that aren't representative of the intended final quality. Having multiple versions of the same project would also lead to too much diversity in the community and confusion for players trying to join servers. "It says on this server to download XYZ copy SCAR pack but I've only got ABC copy SCAR pack and my friend has DEF copy SCAR pack". Etc...

Or maybe the original authors aren't planning to update the content at all and would rather that it is left alone. You have to remember that a lot of these kind people are budding professional modellers and so might not want an incomplete (old) version of their work floating around in Arma 2 in case their name gets associated with incomplete work.

Also, as Vilas pointed out, the authors just might not want people to copy their work and take credit for it, especially if the copy ends up with incorrect/ridiculous features like "OMG 100% accuracy" or "pwn underbarrel rocket launcher"

The point is, they have already shared it, by releasing it in the first place. It's their work, and up to them what they do with it. If they don't want to let people modify it, then that's their perogative. If you were a comic book writer, with an established superhero and plot, and I came along and took your work and then changed it so the main character was completely different, and the story was different, I imagine you wouldn't be best pleased either. ;)

To King Vilas and all the others who have jumped on the band wagon, this thread is for Christians work, and not to be hijacked about the pro's and cons of re-releasing / re-tagging / exporting / borrowing / stealing others work etc etc. This whole argument has started over someone else making a comment about ACE's SCAR's being exported to ArmA2, not by Christian. If you want to get anal about it take it to PM, and let Christian use his thread for what it's about, i.e his upcomming projects!

Just my two cents as I'm bored of the argument now..........

Edited by PSYCHOSIM

Guys Plase STOP the Talk here. Not here, not now.

Too much Off-topic.

To King Vilas and all the others who have jumped on the band wagon, this thread is for Christians work, and not to be hijacked about the pro's and cons of re-releasing / re-tagging / exporting / borrowing / stealing others work etc etc. This whole argument has started other someone else making a comment about ACE's SCAR's being exported to ArmA2, not by Christian. If you want to get anal about it take it to PM, and let Christian use his thread for what it's about, i.e his upcomming projects!

Just my two cents as I'm bored of the argument now..........

Yes you sey it ! ;)

Edited by SyNcRoNiCzZ

Sorry, but I want to add my 2 cents; As

this thread is for Christians work, and not to be hijacked about the pro's and cons of re-releasing / re-tagging / exporting / borrowing / stealing others work etc etc.
I suggest to allocate (<-dictionary word) the "off"topic;

Now:

Please don't port dasquade's and my work and show it here.
Shortie: Ok
I'm certain that since you've posted about it, you've received PMs asking for them.
I can assure You, that even if anyone would ask for it (no PMs atm), he wouldn't recive it. Why? It was meant as a coop team inside-addon, and we'll keep it that way. I can give You my word.

Vilas - the reason to republish an addon is for example the fact, that it wasn't working in A2. Like P'85 before You did a massive update.

Except, I didn't wanted to publish it. I showed as an example of what I mean (I would show the A1 version except I don't have A1 on the HDD), not to brag about "oh look how cool am I". (Yes I'm cool because I never edited OFP\ArmA's addons, never touched the config, and I learned nice part of it just to give my group a decent SCAR until someone release's new one - working in A2; I'm usually a tester\gameplay consultant\missionmaker)

But in comparsion with people doing new great models or config magicians like Q11 - I'm nobody. And I know it.

Whole discussion, incl. DaSquade's\w0lle\"community" intervention wasn't needed (except he should just delete my screens in case "DS don't want his work in A2 showed in public"), also the "pro's and cons of re-releasing / re-tagging / exporting / borrowing / stealing others work etc etc" discussion of Vilas and Herr Kalashnikov. Rules have been set and I think they are clear and good. I didn't knew screens will make that big mess and it's bad to show them as a "comparsion" (can't find better word) shot.

Pufu: You have no reason to attack Christian. He always gave proper credits in the release readme. So don't be another person who act stupid and offensive to the addonmaker who did everything right.

Vilas: Everyone do what they want unless breaking rules. And Christian didn't break any rule. I guess he's like me - more of a gamer than a "-maker", aiming in having stuff to play with instead of just "joy of making it". And I'm glad because of it, because there's no reason to create another model if there is already decent one which You can use.

Other approaches, but both ok, and these should be respected. We talked about it a while ago.

Psychosim: "King Vilas" sounds kinda offensive, and to just avoid the whole troll-like discussion (that's my part of bread), edit Your post and let's quit it where it is.

Peace and love and damn I hope You will be back soon, Christian. See You on Domination ;)

Edited by JonPL

republish ?

what for ? original TAG is not good ? so other person (lazy cause do not want do his own) wants publish other person work but with his own tag before file ?

what is LOGICAL reason to republish such addon ??? to have own tag before file ?

cause if existing addon work - why republish (publishing again) ?

Maybe because it's an A1 addon that doesn't work with A2...? It's not like there's loads of SCAR mods for A2 and Christian just got one of them and called it his own...

no i was writing about situations from 2008 , few days after i released pack of German weapons and Bradley

so it was in A1

funny, that you know better what was in my PM box ;)

it was in 2008, believe me, few days after i released addon i had about 5 requests to re-release it with other tag by people who not made single addon before (nicks not calling any mod)

Edited by vilas

no i was writing about situations from 2008 , few days after i released pack of German weapons and Bradley

so it was in A1

funny, that you know better what was in my PM box ;)

it was in 2008, believe me, few days after i released addon i had about 5 requests to re-release it with other tag by people who not made single addon before (nicks not calling any mod)

I wasn't talking about 2008, or whatever was in your PM box even. Please read the part I quoted, where you can't find the logic in republishing A1 mods for ArmA2.

i was answering this :

Vilas - the reason to republish an addon is for example the fact, that it wasn't working in A2. Like P'85 before You did a massive update.

I totally don't know what You mean (about that PM box).

Plus, Vilas, You know that I know what was going on then.

Wohoo! That would be great.

Maybe it's the future army weapon. Maybe!

It would be an awesome enhancement for arma 2.

So now, i Work on Woodland (WDL-BDU) Soldier. Currently, however, is still missing the bags and the flakwest. I mus's see what I can do so.

26289arma22009120711444150jpg 26290arma22009120711455348jpg

Maybe I've already done the units by Christmas Day ;) (But these are not promises)

Thx. Schnapsdrosel to Help my. :respekt:

from what era will be that soldier ?

cause at the moment i see BIS skin from Arma1 patch 1.14, no difference,

just BIS Arma1 patch 1.14 unit shown

what are planes to do in this addon of units , what army branch ?

and why you say you miss vest , soldier has Interceptor vest already ?

Edited by vilas

aaa tactical vest ;)

okay

flak for me is "shrapnel protection"

Yeah, same to me. But as you said they already carry Interptor, so I dunno what good a flak vest/jacket would be over that ^^

Yea i mean the Original ArmA2 combat vest, whatever that it ???

The era 1985-1990 ? I do not know exactly. I would say 1990 or ???

This was a Repain of the Original A2 Units whit Hex-Edit. ;)

The Hex-Edit is so hard to understand, whit retex. Original A2 Units. :rolleyes:

heh, gear from P85/CWR is completely other than modern and used in Arma2, completly other, it is like steel helmet vs. kevlar, big radio on back and compass in hand vs. GPS , blind eye vs thermal vision

US gear till 2000 looked like 80's as far as i know

so your addon would be 2003-5 ? before ACU ?

Edited by vilas

heh, gear from P85/CWR is completely other than modern and used in Arma2, completly other, it is like steel helmet vs. kevlar, big radio on bag and compass vs. GPS , blind eye or thermal vision

vilas, must everything for you to realistic ? A2 is a Game ! :rolleyes:

The Woodland BDU Style gives designed in a modern style.

http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s209/jarhead45/3-2.jpg

vilas, must everything for you to realistic ?
Well, that's his way ;)

The US Army has had MOLLE Gear since 1997, but wasn't in widespread use until after 2001.

Great weapon addon :D I love this

but how do I use this in singleplayer or anywhere else outside Armory? :confused:

Editor or a mission that uses it. No other way (until someone makes a replacement for You)

My new Project, a French FAMAS. Original Modell by Snipa Masta (Thx. for the permit). :D

264371jpg 264382jpg