Sign in to follow this  
motorpyshco

How do I select grenades

Hey guys, just got this game and I think it's pretty good. Been playing with on and off (when I have time) and doing ok with it, except I can't seem to select my gernades. Also, with the gernades can I cook them?

Another question, it seems to me that my squad like to stand up alot especially when there is enemy firing. I order them to take cover or go prone and sometimes they do but most of the time they don't so, many times my guys get hit or die. I was wondering if someone can give me some pointers.

Thanks

Cycle to grenades with the "F" key. I don't think you can cook them (i could be wrong on that one).

Press the "F" key and watch the ammo and fire mode indicator . It will switch to grenades ( if you have multiple items in your inventory and a weapon with multiple fire modes , press several times )

no you can't prime grenades; as I'm pretty sure you don't do it IRL...grenade fuzes are very sketchy and can go off early. I could be wrong; but I know I wouldn't want to do it ;)

As for your second question sometimes it's best to tell your AI where to go i.e. select whoever, then move your cursor either in first-person or on the map to where you want him to take cover (rock, building, defilade, etc.) before you engage. Note that vegetation/trees are NOT considered cover as bullets will still pass thru them.

Edited by No Use For A Name

Once the pin is pulled, Mr Grenade is no longer friendly. I think cooking a grenade in real does happen, maybe for clearing out a building or room with the element of surprise. But in general, it is considered dangerous, and pretty stupid.

Just my thought anyway :D

The problem with grenades in A2 is that there is no distance control. It is like a firearm - the same muzzle velocity each time, all you do is change the angle.

At least, that's how it is in my experience....

The problem with grenades in A2 is that there is no distance control. It is like a firearm - the same muzzle velocity each time, all you do is change the angle.

At least, that's how it is in my experience....

Yeah they're pretty hard to use properly. Pity.

Another question, it seems to me that my squad like to stand up alot especially when there is enemy firing. I order them to take cover or go prone and sometimes they do but most of the time they don't so, many times my guys get hit or die. I was wondering if someone can give me some pointers.

Thanks

Try experimenting with formations if your problem is keeping your teammates alive, also if you select 'engage at will' your teammates will break away and look for their own cover whereas if you select 'engage' they'll respect the formation more and try to keep up with you , sometimes risking standing up.

Edited by SASrecon

At least in our army, we primed our grenades always.

It would be foolish to throw one without it, unless you want that enemies will throw it back.

I don't mind about the bad aim in grenades thou.. you should always throw your grenade in same manner to avoid mistakes, as high as possible and as far as possible.

:)

In a similar vein, how do you select smoke grenades?

I mean when you play as a fire team leader you'll have both hand grenades and launcher grenades in explosive and smoke variants.

Is there a way to select the smoke grenades without using all your explosive greandes first?

I'm probably overlooking a basic control here but I can't seem to work it out.

In a similar vein, how do you select smoke grenades?

I mean when you play as a fire team leader you'll have both hand grenades and launcher grenades in explosive and smoke variants.

Is there a way to select the smoke grenades without using all your explosive greandes first?

I'm probably overlooking a basic control here but I can't seem to work it out.

keep pressing F :p

you don't have you shoot all your ammo and throw all your explosive grenades just to use smoke grenades :D

what is with different colors? so for example i have a violett and a green smoke grenade? how can i make sure that im using the green one?

When it comes to grenade launcher rounds there are three main types: Explosive, Smoke, and Flare. When you select the grenade launcher an option appears in your menu (the one with reload, weapon binoculars, etc.) that says Reload Smoke, Reload Flare, etc. based upon what you have. You select one of those to reload something different.

The colors don't matter, they can be used for different things like each team/squad on the mission has a specific color for signaling or something. I simply don't like though that you cannot scroll through and choose which one you will fire. If this is possible someone please tell me. I see that a simple stone is added in some missions so I would guess it might be possible for the mission maker to somehow reassign the slots so that the diff colors can be selected individually. This would add the ability for each color to be used as signal for specific events.

The colors don't matter, they can be used for different things like each team/squad on the mission has a specific color for signaling or something. I simply don't like though that you cannot scroll through and choose which one you will fire. If this is possible someone please tell me. I see that a simple stone is added in some missions so I would guess it might be possible for the mission maker to somehow reassign the slots so that the diff colors can be selected individually. This would add the ability for each color to be used as signal for specific events.

lol read 2 posts above yours :cool:

When it comes to grenade launcher rounds there are three main types: Explosive, Smoke, and Flare. When you select the grenade launcher an option appears in your menu (the one with reload, weapon binoculars, etc.) that says Reload Smoke, Reload Flare, etc. based upon what you have. You select one of those to reload something different.

THANK YOU! I actually tried this before and it didn't work, but I guess I forgot to switch to the GL first. I'll try again. Too bad if you can't choose which colors to use though.

But I guess like anfiach said, the color don't matter much. When marking something with smoke you just have to communicate what color was used after you see the smoke.

You can control which colour your throw. You scroll through your weapons with 'f' until you find a smoke grenade. If it's not the colour you want, go through the action menu until you find the option to reload another colour.

lol read 2 posts above yours :cool:

LOL I completely overlooked it :p Thanks for pointing out my blonde moment :D

---------- Post added at 07:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:03 AM ----------

In my defense, I never use smoke :P

Ok, so you can choose colors too and not just the type, like HE, smoke etc? That is good news... have to try it out.

It basically works like this for every weapon in the game (throw and put being weapons to!)

When you happen to have multiple ammo types for one muzzle (notice the difference between muzzle x weapon, eg. a M16/M203 has two muzzles), to select the ammo you want you need to select (default F key) the correct muzzle first, and than cycle through the menu with mouse wheel to find the ammo you want. It works the same on all weapons even in vehicles.