Sign in to follow this  
MAA

CSLA Studio - work in progress thread

I did not know about that Moderna - it looks very evil :D

Modern T90 + with these canons = ultimate tank :p

what's up with your lizard guy's is it gonna come in more skins or just one like in arma1

thats one evil looking T72, what were the cannons designed for, local air suppression?

I have no doubt that it has the capability to smack helicopters if the tank detects them; I suspect another very useful application for the 30mm will be smiting everything from IFVs to trucks at long range without wasting valuable 125mm ammunition. On any T-series tank, the big kicker is safe ammunition storage; you can only fit so much into the tank and reloading the automatic loader is typically a bit of a pain in the ass, so the more options you have for dealing with a variety of targets without using 125mm ammunition, the better.

It'll also be useful for "suppressing" RPG teams in buildings, since it looks to be a high-angle mount.

Maa: CSLA is looking good as always. I am looking forward to seeing your kit in ArmA 2 and also looking forward to ACR. My earlier offer still stands: If you need someone to help with your English naturalisations I will donate my time.

Models and RVMATs of all CSLA units from ARMA1 version are updated and fully functional in ARMA2 now.

Few new WIP screenshots:

cslaa204201001.th.jpgcslaa204201002.th.jpgcslaa204201003.th.jpgcslaa204201004.th.jpgcslaa204201006.th.jpg

and few screenshots of soldiers:

cslaa204201007.th.jpgcslaa204201008.th.jpgcslaa204201009.th.jpgcslaa204201010.th.jpgcslaa204201012.th.jpg

We will add some screenshots of new content for ARMA2 version in near future too ;)

Very nice, as always.

We will add some screenshots of new content for ARMA2 version in near future too

Can't wait :)

@WazZzaaa!:

I think there is small difference in height between side and top of the hull (T-72M1 version):

t72shape.th.jpg

@WazZzaaa!: we are using updated BIS model from ARMA1 now ... but we will change DSHK to NSV on our completely new model of T-72 in future ;)

Well, it's better to use T-90 model and to modify it hard. In ArmA 1 it was a night mare to corect this thing u ask ;), simply there was no way to ajust it so i gave up :).

Due to the lack of addons from Cold War era we decided to create our own fictitious army - AFMC (Armed Forces of the Midland Coalition), which is on the opponent's side (BLUFOR) for the ÄŒSLA.

Stay tuned for the new pics and info ...

cslaafmc01.th.jpgcslaafmc02.th.jpgcslaafmc03.th.jpgcslaafmc04.th.jpgcslaafmc05.th.jpg

Looks cool! Like the vehicle textures.

great job

So.... 1 mod, 2 fully new (or almost) armies?

Looking forward to, they´re looking really good!

Hi there

looking really forward to your mod. CSLA was always an outstanding mod with top notch addons qualitywise.

Thanks for your hard work.

kind regards

Few new screens of AFMC units:

cslaafmc06201001.th.jpgcslaafmc06201002.th.jpgcslaafmc06201003.th.jpgcslaafmc06201004.th.jpgcslaafmc06201005.th.jpg

Not sure about Littlebirds but AH-1Z Viper surely didnt exist in the Czechoslovak era, am I right? ;) Other than that it looks awesome.

Not sure about Littlebirds but AH-1Z Viper surely didnt exist in the Czechoslovak era, am I right? ;) Other than that it looks awesome.

Yes.. AH-1Z doesn't fit to Cold War era :( but we don't have any other counter-balance to Mi-24 (especially for multiplayer). Maybe we will update this model to earlier version (AH-1F/S/T?) if we will have some free time for that. We have very limited "human resources" so we can't spend too much time for creating completely new models for 2 armies :( Most of AFMC units are retextured models from ARMA1 updated to ARMA2/OA standards.

EDIT: from wikipedia: MH-6/AH-6 Little Bird introduced in 1980 ... so they fit to Cold War era ;)

Edited by Maa

... Maybe we will update this model to earlier version (AH-1F/S/T?)...

AH-1T:

cslaafmc06201006.th.jpgcslaafmc06201007.th.jpg

All those nice vehicles. I'm wondering, will you guys consider adding BD MultiGunFix support? It's not a lot of work and it doesn't create any extra addon dependencies... just want to see how it works on your nice new models.

@WazZzaaa!:

I think there is small difference in height between side and top of the hull (T-72M1 version)

As I've seen at the many photos, the difference between side and top of the hull is much lower than on the BIS model, and it's different only at the left side.

Due to the lack of addons from Cold War era we decided to create our own fictitious army - AFMC (Armed Forces of the Midland Coalition), which is on the opponent's side (BLUFOR) for the ÄŒSLA.

Lack of addons?:confused: You guys now have a lot of US units to recreate both army and marines. So why do you use some unknown fictional army?