xpetit

Airwolf for Arma 2

sorry to bump (and double post :( )

Airwolf doesn't work with OA.

Would someone? Anyone be able to take over and finish the mod and make it OA compatible?

Please if you do you can have a cookie. :p

sorry to bump (and double post :( )

Airwolf doesn't work with OA.

Would someone? Anyone be able to take over and finish the mod and make it OA compatible?

Please if you do you can have a cookie. :p

AirwolfPL is quite clear, people are not to use his work without permission and I fail to see he has given it so far.

I'd suggest if you want to get this working for personal use go to the editioring forum.

AirwolfPL is quite clear, people are not to use his work without permission and I fail to see he has given it so far.

I'd suggest if you want to get this working for personal use go to the editioring forum.

When I was looking through the files when I de-pbo'd it. It looks like the guy who posted this one for Arma 2 did most of the original. Most of the files said created by XPETIT. And AirwolfPl said it is possible that it was made my XPETIT but he couldn't remember. This is the only Airwolf mod for Arma 2 and it is a shame for it to end up like this.

Listen Luke, they say "created by XPETIT" because he worked on it last. AirwolfPl never said that it could have been completely created by XPETIT. Seeing as you can't really understand the meaning of the post one page back, let me attempt to help you.

Just because you want it, doesn't mean it's gonna happen.

Plenty of model parts, textures and scripts in this addon (and probably earlier Airwolf Addons by XPETIT - I didn't checked them) came from my original Airwolf addon for Operation Flashpoint(part of the OFP Airwolf Mod - it's site is still up at http://awmod.uni.cc ).

1). Xpetit - you never asked me for any permission regarding my texture/model/scripts usage (and I suppose you didn't even took your time to read the readme file bundled with my addon).

2). I've put enormous amount of work creating and polishing the OFP Airwolf Addon (which was far superior to any Airwolf Addon for OFP at the time when it was released) and you didn't gave me any credit when you released your ArmA/ArmA2 addon :eek:

This is a major violation of my intelectual property rights, and i would like to know how do you plan to solve these issues, because at the moment it looks like you have simply stolen my work. :j:

It's nice to see the ArmA 2 Airwolf Addon, but it would feel much better receiving a proper credit for my hard work...

Permissions are all great and everything (credit where it's due), but I think you would find the only rights belong to some TV network, OR to BIS.

A2 or OA seem like a great platform for some Airwolf missions, you could probably squeeze about 2 or 3 missions per map/island.. the storylines in the show were never fantastic so it just needs to be action based.

I suppose you could even do it up as 1-6 player COOP missions, guessing you can only fit 2 in the chopper, and a small ground 'support' force as optional...

The Wolf has come down from the north...

Does any know if anybody is looking at updating this for OA?

Also has anyone had any problems running this of late? I can't seem to use this addon in Arma 2. Haven't tried OA or BAF but I don't imagine I'll get it to work.

Would be really great to see this working!!! :D

Xavier,

First of all, just let me say thank-you so much for bringing Airwolf to Armed Assault 2. I know the time and work that goes in to a project like this and I want you to know that you are very much appreciated my friend. I am a member at Airwolf.Org and also AirwolfTV.com and will be making post in the near future including screen shots and video to spread the word about Airwolf in Armed Assault 2. You have done a fantastic job and again, I thank-you. Last year, I created new textures for Alan Devins Airwolf model for Flight Simulator X. My goal was to make the helicopter as photo-realistic as possible. The result was an Airwolf for a video game that was hard to distinguish from the real thing, even in moving video. I've posted a few links to Youtube Videos of my Airwolf. I did not make the videos, a very talented man who goes by Chairwolf created them, using my mod.

I have been looking at how your Airwolf is textured and I believe it is possible to update your Airwolf to a photo-realistic version to better match Arma 2's graphics capability. I would love to be a part of a future release of Airwolf for Arma 2. If you are interested,have a look at the videos and please let me know how I can assist.

I have already completed about 90% of the photo texturing. I think you, and fans of Airwolf will love it. When you are ready to release an updated version, I would love to send you the new textures for your approval. I have really enjoyed working on this model, and again, I appreciate the work that you have put in to releasing it.

Thanks Again!

Aaron Ensor

takamine@comcast.net

*Bump*

How did this go? did you finish it ?

Some of us keep fans would love to get this..... :yay:

You know, the sad thing is with looking at this thread is this....

You could (the original creator of the mod) have maybe teamed up with the dude who re-textured your mod, and got the cockpit working as in your final release mod and put together one "sweet" airwolf mod that has changed with the times of the release of the newer games. Even maybe have it for sale on a websit somewhere ? I for one would have gladly donated (at least) for someone putting so much time and effort into such a thing.

Being a big fan of the show even though i was a kid when it was re run... Some things are part of history and a great honour to own in a decent game and create whatever missions you can and even get a multiplayer game going on one.

Has potential with the right minds involved. And even if it wasnt on sale, having a donation option would still suffice, thats just my opinion, from the outset.

Mods forgive me for bumping an old thread, but i see this is unfinished, maybe the guy got bored when he was told he didnt have permittion to work on it etc. Who knows, Full credit in my opinion will always go out to you, Thomasz, i remember all those years ago my amazing time playing ofp with your mod, the original one, and the sadness that incurred when i saw that cause of work/time restrictions your team closed the project.

Just a few gentle thoughts from me.

Also has anyone had any problems running this of late? I can't seem to use this addon in Arma 2.

I had no issues when playign with it a few months ago, in fact I had it on my gameserver. It works in Arma2, as well as Arma2CO.

If you are installing it wrong then it not going to work for you so how are you installing the addon?

get it from Armaholic:

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=7942&highlight=AIRWOLF

Does anyone please have a working Arma 2 mod of airwolf they wouldnt mind sharing with me ?

Please pm me of possible or reply here, i tried the link petit posted and is says not found. Preferably in english too, but im not too bothered about that, just would like this kick a** mod. :)

Thank you so much, do you know if it fully works ?

I know some members outlined some issues with it spinning n such ?

As i said in a previous post:

I had no issues when playign with it a few months ago, in fact I had it on my gameserver. It works in Arma2, as well as Arma2CO.

Sorry for my english

I have startet the project RANgarion Airwolf (RANAirwolf) in the game ofp Cold war crisis

i had 2 friend help me by the projekt i make the model p3d and lonewolf make textures

we realesed the Ranairwolf 3 month later .

We convertet the projekt into arma1

I dont know why xpetit say its her RANairwolf model????

Sorry for my english

In german

Ich Rangarion und 2 freunde vom mir haben das Projekt RANAirwolf begonnen als cold war crisis rauskam

Ich habe das p3d model von airwolf erstellt und lonewolf die texturen so wie sie heute noch sind.

Als Arma 1 rauskam haben wir noch das RANAirwolf model sriptes geändert so das es in arma 1 funktionierte

Ich versteh nicht wie xpetit RANAirwolf sein eigen nennt

Ich wollte das nur mal klarstellen das RANgarion und Lonewolf das Projekt zum leben erweckt haben

I'm having trouble getting themod to run in operation arrowhead and arma 2. Can you please provide details how to get this mod to work?

Thanks!

I dont know why xpetit say its her RANairwolf model????

The more I look through the history of this mod, the more confused I get.

What name did you release your model under? RANgarion or something else? When did you release it? Is it still available somewhere? Forum posts?

I hope this is not true, I hate to see people taking credit for the work of others.

im looking under arma info and armaholic... i dont see any mention of any other author than xpetit, trying to search the ofpr.info but its being so slow..., but he is credited for release in arma1 and arma2.

Oh wait here it is, http://ofp.gamepark.cz/index.php?showthis=6253 , theres a lot of airwolf.air wolf mods done by a lot of people, but im pretty sure this work isnt stolen this goes all the way back to 2004.

I think Xavier's story checks out.

Edited by yevgeni89

well I was able to get only the french version to work, airwolf v1.1 and redwolf are not working I keep getting error messages when I try to load the mod. Anyone got the other two mods to work on their end?

it´s a little late but what RANgarion means is that the work is done by lonewolf and rangarion , xpetit has copy it .

Iám a OFP ,and ARMA Veteran and so far i know - existed 3 Mods for OFP

XPETITS Version for Arma 2 - its based on the mod of RANgarion and Lonewolf - the PBO has the same name.

But anyway - i want you to know that Lonewolf had the credits from RANgarion to bring back the Lady (Airwolf) to Arma 3 - Lonewolf and i will work on a arma 3 version - on lonewolfs channel are 3 Videos show the actual state 

I can´t post yet (new member) but when the trial peroid is over i start a Topic - i´m working on the website and then we post some news - but we need help - we need a few people to help us - a scripter etc.

we want to start a team to bring airwolf to 2k16

Greets redwolf1983 

• Like 1

Forgot about this mod.. still have both A2 versions on a HDD somewhere.  Glad to hear it might make it to Arma 3.