Sign in to follow this  
1942_Sniper

Arma 2 graphic rendering problems

Hey guys, recently started playing Arma 2 again and got some strange graphic issues through the modes in Arma Here are some screen shots

arma22009-10-1711-46-49-05.jpg

arma22009-10-1711-46-20-18.jpg

Also I have included my system specifications, which should well be able to run Arma 2

Windows Vista Ultimate-64 bit

2 Gtx 280's in SLI

q9650

8gigs of ddr3 memory

Tell me anything else you need to know!

The 8 gigs are what's causing this if I remember correctly, try adding "-winxp" to your commandline/shortcut.

If you rightclick your ArmA 2-shortcut, make sure it looks like this:

"[...]\ArmA 2\arma2.exe" -winxp

The [...] is a placeholder for the relative path on your system. Important is that the "-winxp" exists outside the quotation marks.

I got a 5870 a few days ago to replace my 9800GTX and I got into ArmA II to try it out and nothing would render like those pictures above! I just tried this -winxp thing and it worked. I have everything maxed and it runs great! Thanks a lot!

Where do i find the shortcut to add that if i have it installed on steam, what folder? Im having the same issue with the graphical glitch and 8 gb of ram...

Where do i find the shortcut to add that if i have it installed on steam, what folder? Im having the same issue with the graphical glitch and 8 gb of ram...

I don't know how to do it with steam but I know that steam lets you make desktop shortcuts.. try that and then go into the shortcuts properties and edit its launch parameters by adding the -winxp

I had the same problem as you as I have 12 gigs ram, the winxp line corrected it.

in steam, you right click on your game, select "properties",select "set launch options" in the general tab, and just add the -winxp in the box which will appear.

I just joined the forum to say thank you! I've been around 10 hours trying to solve this on my own and with the -winxp thing it worked, I was at the brink of formatting my computer so I could reinstall the game. Thanks Again!

If you update to 1.05 you shouldn't need the -winxp after that.