Sign in to follow this  
AnimalMother92

AnimalMother92 Presents...

Love your missions! cant wait for your campaign.

I'm having an issue with Hearts and Minds though. It seems like an epic mission, huge fire fights, really fun from what i've played. but....

The attack helo('s?) you're supposed to call in seems to be blowing up at the beginning of the mission somehow. I'll start the mission, join up with the local militia, start moving in, and then I start hearing distant explosions. Which I assume are the helo(s), because when I try to call them after taking out the AA it gives me the "has been shot down" message. I have VFTCAS, latest Zeus AI, and latest version of ACE, ect... and the only other mods im running are various Islands, weapon packs, units ect.. So I dont see how it could be a Mod issue. The only thing I'm thinking is maybe you designed it around a stable release of ACE? and there is some sort of glitch caused by me having the newest version through the Six Updater? or maybe a glitch caused by the newest Zeus AI (though this seems unlikely)?

The rest of your missions play great though, and I really enjoy them.

Any help to resolve this issue would be appreciated!

The only thing I'm thinking is maybe you designed it around a stable release of ACE? and there is some sort of glitch caused by me having the newest version through the Six Updater? or maybe a glitch caused by the newest Zeus AI (though this seems unlikely)?

The rest of your missions play great though, and I really enjoy them.

Any help to resolve this issue would be appreciated!

Hmmm quite possible. Either that or it's because I used an older version of the air support script. Hearts & Minds is from February, and I've had v1.1 sitting around for a while so that's probably why I haven't noticed any conflicts.

Perhaps I'll release it later today.

This is what I have so far (+ updated with newer air sup scripts and ACE compatibility)

v1.1

Replaced hints with chatter

Improved triggers

Added some group IDs

Only team leader can call CAS

Added Mk 262 ammo

Added animation to HVT

Patrol locations are more varied

Added class descriptions for MP lobby

Replaced BIS Injury System with ACE Wounding System

Added ACE AI chatter/vehicle radio modules

ACE stamina system disabled

Added ACE spectator system for MP

Briefing works after respawn in MP

NAPA is now playable (co10)

Improved overview

Glad you're having fun :cool:

Hmmm quite possible. Either that or it's because I used an older version of the air support script. Hearts & Minds is from February, and I've had v1.1 sitting around for a while so that's probably why I haven't noticed any conflicts.

Perhaps I'll release it later today.

This is what I have so far (+ updated with newer air sup scripts and ACE compatibility)

Sweet. sounds good. I'll keep an eye open for the new version. thanks!

Hai. I haz screenshots of WIP Campaign.

jUoM0.jpg

jUrg9.jpg

jUtLi.jpg

jUwfr.jpg

jUyKA.jpg

Sweet. sounds good. I'll keep an eye open for the new version. thanks!

As promised here is Hearts & Minds v1.1

Armaholic mirror:

- Hearts and Minds Co-10 (@) v1.1

*Important: It's now coop-10 not coop-4*

ki3K0.jpg

Hearts & Minds version 1.1 (Singleplayer/Coop-10)

by AnimalMother92

5/27/10

1. Required addons

ACE2 (Core and ACEX)

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=8601

Zeus AI recommended

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=8688

VF Terrain Collision Avoidance System recommended

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=8118

2. Description

Green Berets lead local guerrillas to eliminate a ChDKZ leader.

3. Installation

Place PBO in either your arma2\Missions or arma2\MPMissions folder.

4. Known issues

None at this time.

Please report any bugs to me via PM @ forums.bistudio.com "AnimalMother92"

5. Credits

Special thanks to Binkowski, Enad, and Kristian.

Also, thanks to OFPEC and everyone that's tested or helped out with ideas and feedback.

6. Changelog

v1.1

Replaced hints with chatter

Improved triggers

Added some group IDs

Only team leader can call CAS

Added Mk 262 ammo

Added animation to HVT

Patrol locations are more varied

Added class descriptions for MP lobby

Replaced BIS Injury System with ACE Wounding System

Added ACE AI chatter/vehicle radio modules

ACE stamina system disabled

Added ACE spectator system for MP

Briefing works after respawn in MP

NAPA is now playable (co10)

Improved overview

New loadouts

PS - M107 with Raufoss ammo is incredible :cool:

Edited by AnimalMother92
ArmAholic mirror

Animalmother, could you please upload Hearts and Minds somewhere else? The Armaholic FTPs are dead and I would like to play this mission with my clan this evening

Thanks a lot for the update and the alternative mirror AnimalMother92. I love your missions. Good work.

As promised here is Hearts & Minds v1.1

Armaholic mirror:

- Hearts and Minds Co-10 (@) v1.1

*Important: It's now coop-10 not coop-4*

ki3K0.jpg

PS - M107 with Raufoss ammo is incredible :cool:

Thanks for the update! It plays really well. I like the way the patrols move and are spaced. You get into some pretty good firefights but you're never too overwhelmed. Everything is layed out really well, the area and terrain you chose, ect. . My only suggestion would be..

to add stationary defenders kind of fortified on the hill, guarding the AA. There were the patrols that circled back over the hill, but none actually guarding the area. It just seemed kind of easy to capture that hill and take out the AA. It would add a little more challenge to the mission, and balance it out a little more. Because once you call in the Apaches, it gets hot, but again its fairly easy to mop up after them. I was also thinking it was possible you do have men guarding the hill, and we just drew them down during one of our skirmishes with a patrol. So if this is the case... maybe add a few more men to the hill? or maybe find a way to make them stay on the hill and try to hold it, instead of chasing us? leave the chasing to the patrols. And just for reference im playing this with Zeus AI with their recommended skill/difficulty settings. Also maybe make the loadouts a little more ammo heavy for the green berets. I found most of the engagements ended up being longer range, and we burned through ammo fairly quick. Having to conserve ammo, and then scavenge for weapons and ammo adds to it, but a few more mags/belts wouldnt hurt :p. We took our sweet time with the mission, trying to ambush the patrols before we took the hill.. ect. So that's probably why we started running low on ammo near the end. It's good you have the AK weapon cache on the hill, but I like to hold onto my M4 as long as possible :p

I hope I don't sound too critical haha. Please don't get me wrong, I love your missions, especially this one. It's one of my favorites, and has a ton of replay value. I'd recommend everyone download you're missions, they are all top knotch. I know you're also busy working on your campaign too, so if these missions are on the backburner, it's understandable. I'm just trying to give you a little constructive criticism. My 2cents... whatever that's worth ;)

Edited by Goatgruff

I hope I don't sound too critical haha. Please don't get me wrong, I love your missions, especially this one. It's one of my favorites, and has a ton of replay value. I'd recommend everyone download you're missions, they are all top knotch. I know you're also busy working on your campaign too, so if these missions are on the backburner, it's understandable. I'm just trying to give you a little constructive criticism. My 2cents... whatever that's worth ;)

Not too critical at all, thanks a lot for the feedback. I actually prefer getting ideas like that because then it gives me something to change. I'll definitely look into improving some of the things you mentioned. I can't promise if it will be before OA, but there will certainly be one after it with lots of new features integrated (that goes for all missions). :)

As for the campaign, yes it is taking priority atm. Sadly, it's been taking more time than I anticipated and I've also had quite a lot going on irl. I've decided to postpone it until after OA. I think that will be better because I don't want to rush out an unpolished job + OA will provide some tasty new features it seems.

Thanks again for the comments, glad you're having fun :thumbsup:

Been having a blast with Hearts and Minds. Your work is much appreciated. Ill give some feedback when I finish it up :)

Ok, so right now I'm enjoying a nice vacation but I will be back later this summer for more editing fun :)

The plan is to move towards A2+OA (aka Combined Ops) and OA-only missions, leaving standalone Arma 2 behind. I'll be working to convert my A2 releases for CO, and add all the lovely new OA features to them. I've also got quite a few new missions hanging around on my SSD that should see the light of day this summer.

Also, thanks to Sickboy, I now have my own Dev-Heaven project space for my missions and stuff. This is invaluable, and is a great way for anyone to leave bug reports and ideas for me. Found something that's odd in a mission I made? Have a cool idea for a mission you would like to see created? Just create a New Ticket :cool:

dh-logo.png?t=1278883336

Moving forward, this is a good place to put ideas, as it's easier for me to keep track of suggestions and such. I plan on putting beta missions on there as well for those who are interested in testing before release.

Regarding my campaign, to be honest I got burned out on it and am taking a break. But don't worry, it'll come out Eventually.

Thanks again to everyone that downloads and gives feedback!

Cya in OA.

Are there any SP missions for OA only with a min of add ons?

Are there any SP missions for OA only with a min of add ons?

Not right now, all my released missions are for ArmA 2. I'm working on bringing old things to OA at the moment, along with a few brand new missions for OA. If you have any particular suggestions, let me know. :)

Well here is my first mission that I'm releasing for Takistan. Works in Singleplayer or Coop (up to 8 people).

Reaper.jpg

Reaper version 1.0 (Singleplayer/Coop-8)

by AnimalMother92

8/18/10

1. Required addons

ArmA II: Combined Operations

ACE2 (Core and ACEX)

http://ace.dev-heaven.net/wagn/Ongoing_Development

Tier One operators

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=11249

Zeus AI recommended

2. Description

SF operators, aided by a UAV, strike a Takiban hideout.

3. Installation

Place PBO in either your arma 2 operation arrowhead\Missions or arma 2 operation arrowhead\MPMissions folder.

4. Known issues

UAV support might have some glitches.

Please report any bugs @ http://dev-heaven.net/projects/anm-missions

5. Credits

Special thanks to Binkowski, Enad, Kristian and JDMT.

Also, thanks to OFPEC and everyone that's tested or helped out with ideas and feedback.

+ Big thank you to kylania for assistance with the missile script.

ENJOY!

http://tinyurl.com/AnimalMother92

download_button.jpg

news_donwload_oa_4.png

Q71hoYb4IJo

Edited by AnimalMother92
added Armaholic mirror

Dude! For reals?

Yes.

srs.jpg

Thanks for the mission :D

You're welcome :)

Anyways, here is a beta of a mission I'm working on. I just started it the other night, but I feel it's come together pretty well so far. Obviously not as polished as a final release would be, but feel free to test it out. Please do not mirror it yet. thx

As always, feedback on any mission is appreciated.

HindinSight.jpg

Hind in Sight BETA (Singleplayer/Coop-6)

by AnimalMother92

8/24/10

1. Required addons

ArmA II: Combined Operations

ACE2 (Core and ACEX)

http://ace.dev-heaven.net/wagn/Ongoing_Development

Zeus AI recommended

2. Description

Recon Marines raid a helicopter supply base.

3. Installation

Place PBO in either your arma 2 operation arrowhead\Missions or arma 2 operation arrowhead\MPMissions folder.

4. Known issues

It's BETA, final release will have moar polish.

AI+fog=hax

Please report any bugs @ http://dev-heaven.net/projects/anm-missions

5. Credits

Special thanks to Binkowski, Enad, Kristian and JDMT.

ENJOY!

http://tinyurl.com/AnimalMother92

download_button.jpg

**edit**

While I'm at it, I've uploaded some Beta versions of my old missions "Crash & Grab" as well as "Hearts & Minds" giving them Combined Ops support and various new features. NOT fully finished.

DL @ http://dev-heaven.net/projects/anm-missions/files

Edited by AnimalMother92
Added more beta missions

will try. hopefuly this is better than than last misison thx

Just because you're not cut out for Realistic Exciting Bloody Long scenarios doesn't mean you can complain fox. I look forward to you making good units thx

I like your missions Animal. But I am a fellow rebl.