Guest RKSL-Rock

RKSL Studios - WIP Discussion

You know, I cant win either way. :rolleyes: I don't post anything and people start saying we've "quit" and when i do we get "they will never release anything".

Well considering that everything you see on that first page is all in game and textured etc. All that remains for the majority to finish the artwork, which is easily achievable.

I have a target date in mind for 75% of the UK content assuming i dont get pissed off and walk away. As someone said last night "with all the grief round these fourms and [we are] surprised [we] stay and produce stuff etc." You can believe what you like, but I'd suggest taking an open minded approach. I know what the conspiracy theorists and rumour mongers are saying and they are full of shit. As usual

No just the skins. Tbh its eaiser to manage than the old roundel system and we dont have to worry about silly section counts then either.

guys it be xmas again remember it was xmas when he release them for AA so not long to wait now,keep up the good work and i look forward to them

Guest RKSL-Rock
Sweet. Short field (and public road) capability is a feature of the aircraft. Will yours do this?

Yes you can easily operate from roads (if they are straight and flat enough) but the canard braking isn't something I planned to add.

You see I didn't really want to add too many scripts to our stuff if I can avoid it. And those that we do add will hopefully add to the gameplay rather than cosmetics. There are probably going to be several running for cockpit and damage systems anyway and id rather not add another for what is really a cosmetic feature. At least not in the first version. A lot depends on how heavy the common scripted systems are and how much it affects MP if at all.

Well you should be. You did an outstanding job!

Thank you :)

Two questions: Do you want to keep the Swedish Air Force roundels? And will you put it in the Independent Side?

In answer to both questions; we're going to do various skins and those will be aligned to the appropriate sides.

In future we'll also add some fictitious factions too for a future collaborative project we are discussing with several other teams.

Baww, forget the jet (Though it is sweet. :p), how's the Puma coming? :D

Yes you can easily operate from roads (if they are straight and flat enough) but the canard braking isn't something I planned to add.

You see I didn't really want to add too many scripts to our stuff if I can avoid it. And those that we do add will hopefully add to the gameplay rather than cosmetics. There are probably going to be several running for cockpit and damage systems anyway and id rather not add another for what is really a cosmetic feature. At least not in the first version. A lot depends on how heavy the common scripted systems are and how much it affects MP if at all.

I think that's wise.

Hey Rock

jus noticed the Merlin in ur sig, any change of a pic ;)

your doing an exelent job! I look forward to the releases!!!

S

Edited by Schancky

oh wow that jas 39 gripen looks great,looks even better then the real thing muhaha, im looking forward to seeing more of it!

Guest RKSL-Rock
Hey Rock

jus noticed the Merlin in ur sig, any change of a pic ;)

your doing an exelent job! I look forward to the releases :)

S

Ive just updated the Merlin's project page. There are some ArmA1 shots in there. The ArmA2 model is a bit of a mess atm. Im still playing withthe textures and normal maps.

UPDATED Project Page: Merlin HC3

Baww, forget the jet (Though it is sweet. :p), how's the Puma coming? :D

Its got an annoying bug im tracking down but other than that it fine. Shouldnt be too long if i can find whats screwing up the rotor anims and RTMs.

Its got an annoying bug im tracking down but other than that it fine. Shouldnt be too long if i can find whats screwing up the rotor anims and RTMs.

Sweet. :yay:

hey, love all the models you guys have made. :)

Just a question, whats the sitrep on the Tornado? The ARMA 1 test for it looks very impressive.

Guest RKSL-Rock
hey, love all the models you guys have made. :)

Just a question, whats the sitrep on the Tornado? The ARMA 1 test for it looks very impressive.

The Tonka got delayed for various reasons but the most important one was the lack of "turrets on planes". I didn't really want to release it without the 2 man MP features we had planned. A lot of what we wanted was centred around the Laser Targeting Pod which wasn't supported by the game engine. UNN did develop a solution but it had some issues and then various other (real world) priorities kicked in for both of us and we got side tracked.

It's also one of those projects that I want finished so badly but I get so frustrated with that I have to put it down and take a break from it. Its not a easy shape to do well on a (relatively) low poly budget. I think I've remade it 3 or 4 times over now and if i am honest still doesn't look quite right but its very close now.

The model is nearly all there it just needs the jet pipes, Swing box shrouds and IFRP an its done. Then unwrapping etc so honestly quite a bit of work but if we can get the UAV/Litening Pod stuff done it may get a much higher priority.

In the short term at least I am trying to focus on the helicopters since they are all 90%+ complete. Once we can get them out the door then the planes will follow pretty quickly afterwards.

The Tonka got delayed for various reasons but the most important one was the lack of "turrets on planes". I didn't really want to release it without the 2 man MP features we had planned. A lot of what we wanted was centred around the Laser Targeting Pod which wasn't supported by the game engine. UNN did develop a solution but it had some issues and then various other (real world) priorities kicked in for both of us and we got side tracked.

It's also one of those projects that I want finished so badly but I get so frustrated with that I have to put it down and take a break from it. Its not a easy shape to do well on a (relatively) low poly budget. I think I've remade it 3 or 4 times over now and if i am honest still doesn't look quite right but its very close now.

The model is nearly all there it just needs the jet pipes, Swing box shrouds and IFRP an its done. Then unwrapping etc so honestly quite a bit of work but if we can get the UAV/Litening Pod stuff done it may get a much higher priority.

In the short term at least I am trying to focus on the helicopters since they are all 90%+ complete. Once we can get them out the door then the planes will follow pretty quickly afterwards.

Ok thanks for the heads up :D

Guest RKSL-Rock

rksl_harrier_splash.jpg

Some one asked me about the Harrier progress updates today so ive added some more pics to the Project page on the website.

High Res shots:

WIP Update Harrier 201

WIP Update Harrier 202

WIP Update Harrier 203

WIP Update Harrier 204

WIP Update Harrier 205

WIP Update Harrier 206

WIP Update Harrier 207

WIP Update Harrier 208

WIP Update Harrier 209

WIP Update Harrier 210

Strill some artwork related stuff to do and some little bits to finish but it should be released this year.

WOW! Amazing work you guys do. Im amazed. As always. :)

Alex

harrier looks great! :)

Its really got that navy grey color going on there in the pics :D

Loving the updates Rock, haven't been commenting in any topics lately as have been sitting back watching how ArmA2 develops. Glad to see your still at it.

One question, will you be developing Pilot's and aircrew in the correct UK spec equipment to go with all these wonderful toys? I now that for ArmA1 PUKF were assisting you with that, however with all the problems and set backs they've had they seem to have broken up.........

Great work on the harriers there, Rock!

You mentioned that the choppers are almost ready and would be released before the jets.

So when you now say the harrier is probably gonna be released this year, that would mean the choppers would also come this year, right :p

Guest RKSL-Rock
...You mentioned that the choppers are almost ready and would be released before the jets.

So when you now say the harrier is probably gonna be released this year, that would mean the choppers would also come this year, right :p

The answer to life they universe and everything...well almost everthing. I'm sure the number Forty-Two figures in some answers somehow.

Nope there wont be any British Gazelles. They are being phased out of UK service and tbh they wouldnt be much use in game compared to the Lynx so i didnt bother making one.

Just read at work, Gazelles are being retained until 2018 due to no money for alternatives, although they will likely replace the ones in Canada for a type more suitable for casevac.