Sign in to follow this  
JdB

Invasion 1944 - Wacht am Rhein

Edit 12345

Edited by JdB

sounds awesome mate, i wish you and your team the best of luck, loved i44 in arma, so im sure ill love it just as much in a2 :)

Sweet, might just reinstall ArmA2 for this :)

I'm very interested in doing some voice acting too if you like

Yea i got that part already. I hoped for a persuasive argumentation which allows me to understand why it absolutely needs to be an SS guy instead of a Wehrmacht one. :)

I like this scenario. We've got too many Wehrmacht in other games and now let's take SS for this time. SS troops should be the only elite in german army in the late war, especially in that battle. Hope to see some real winter style troops in this Mod both on german and allies.

Bit walking on the edge here, because most of the SS soldiers and Nazis were brainwashed - take a look at their education especially in NS Ordensburg. They didnt "just fight for their country" - they fight for what they called Aryan superiority. Mainly all SS soldiers + their leaders were teached and indoctrinated to "Germanize" the world.

Wish you all the best and hope you dont go the way to glorify anything about Nazis and the WW2.

found some infos about KG Peiper:

http://www.tacticaloperationscenter.com/Peiper.htm

Some also could see through that, but if your comrade gets executed as an enemy collaborator for playing cards with russian POWs or another deserter gets hung high, you learn to keep your mouth shut and yourself in the unit.

What makes it really absurd is that even after the war ended and the FRG was founded, deserters still got a punishment as the military was telling the politicians that that deserting was the worst thing to do, they let their comrades die, blabla ... hey it was a dictatorship!

And the judges responsible for the convictions were in since WW2... they rised up to federal judge :rolleyes: . Some of the judgements were still valid until 1998 and deserters still aren't rehabilitated. Funny thing, as in 5 years or so this will be solved by natural cause. :(

But we probably shouldn't keep this on, as for the mod I'm looking forward into, I like that the campaign will be in for some Coop and the change to portray the war from the other side.

Which vehicles would you guyz love to see ?

What kind of gameplay would you prefer when playing with vehicles ?

Just let us know, we might be able to do something with it (no promises tho).

Greetingz, Monk.

Let's get rid of any political factor in this game forum. Just talking about the game itself and only take interest in this otherwise we would have no game to play at all.

Yes, what I'm interested what infantry troops they would bring in besides tank army. As we know, 101st paratroops really had a tough fighting in this battle and would they make this as well? And if there is any SS panzergrenadier unit or german paratroopers there? As per my knowledge, it seems Peper also took some paratroopers in their panzer group.

As to vehilcles, it seems I44 has made all major models of panther, tiger and kingtiger. Maybe could add more such tank variations in winter camo and also include Panzer IV H and J ? Would like to see more supporting armor vehicles, such as anti-tank armor vehicles and infantry guns.

Edited by ARM2CAT

Edit 12345

Edited by JdB

That mod sounds nice,

I wanted to play a WW2 as a german for so long, however, you mentioned that for the sake of realism you want to keep the swastikas and runes in the game, wich is realy bad news for me, because by that the mod will become ilegal in germany, and I won't be able to play it (crying out loud) or am I wrong? if so, feel free to correct me.

I wish your team all the best with your project

break with traditional WW2 games and mods that always portray the Allied (mainly Anglo-American) POV

+1000:D

I hope there's lots of user campaigns coming after release.

because by that the mod will become ilegal in germany, and I won't be able to play it (crying out loud) or am I wrong?

Yes it might be illegal in your country, but do you really think anybody cares ?

I would certainly play the game if I were you, don't let that old-fashioned legislation stop you from having a good time with some friends.

Enjoy, Monk.

ENOUGH.

Waffen-SS are included, regardless!

Edited by belgerot
for obvious reasons!

Yes it might be illegal in your country, but do you really think anybody cares ?

I would certainly play the game if I were you, don't let that old-fashioned legislation stop you from having a good time with some friends.

Enjoy, Monk.

well, the thing is that in fact I work for the government ;), and seeing that you're from the netherlands puts a smile on my face, because today at work I had a brief exchange with the "Dienst Belastingen" from the "Gemeente Amsterdam" eheheh... but in the end you're right, i don't care after all that's what internet cafès are for....

ENOUGH. Off Topic political discussions end here and now.

Deleted and next time I recommend you contact the Mod in question directly with this or report the post.

I like the setting chosen - It is a rather untouched part of the war in europe and also one that will offer lots of different perspectives, and perhaps moral choices. I also think WW II tank combat is perfect for ARMA 2 - I remember having alot of fun in the Liberation 1941-1945 tanks, and the missions released for that modification.

Really attractive list for reference for those german stuff to be made! I think it's very nice to choose this game scenario since could include lots of new armor and others appearing in late WW2.

By way, any allies' list could be referred to? Would be there any M4A3 with long barrel 76mm gun, M10 & M36 anti-tank vehicles?

Of course, dont expect to have them all in the first release.