Sign in to follow this  
i0n0s

[Alpha] RTE for ArmA II

i0n0s: I have loaded and got it to work no problem their. Done my profile selected what I wanted to run mod etc. Launched Arma 2 no problem their either but when I close the RTE launcher and click on RTE Run Arma II shortcut it keeps coming up to Install the Real Time Editor. I have reinstalled this about five times now in case I made an error. I can you use another launcher (alpinestars) and get RTE works. Hope I explained it correctly.:)

@Gear-Za:

The Wizard for installing RTE only occurs when 'LastUpdate' is not set.

Open the Options.ini from %APPDATA%\RTE Capture (path works in explorer).

If it is not a valid directory, then the Options.ini will be find where you installed RTECapture.exe.

In the ini you should find:

[update]
LastUpdate=06.09.2009 16:08:07

If this is missing add it to the file and make sure that you have write access to the file.

This value normally will get written after finishing the wizard. Only exception is if you exited the wizard with Cancel.

About using RTE Capture with another Starter:

If the other Starter runs RTE Capture and ArmA, then you still has to click "Activate monitoring". But this will works.

For future releases I'm going to add a start up parameter for RTE Capture which will "active monitoring" on start up. This helps when using other Starter.

@Deadfast:

After NVG comes FLIR, so maybe you switched to FLIR instead of switching the NVG off ;)

Sadly switching from FLIR to normal will take some time thanks to HDR. Moving the camera forces directly the change.

Ah, gotcha, thanks.

Maybe add a message for the inpatient people like me? :D

BTW, I couldn't get pitch/bank to work no matter what I did :(

Edited by Deadfast
Broken quote

I am not sure; I tried what you said and did not work. I then uninstalled RTE using the uninstalled program and reinstalled, still when I try running from shortcut no go. This is in the Target.

Target = "C:\Program Files (x86)\RTE Capture\RTECapture.exe" –run (I am not sure if this helps.)

This is my option file

[ArmA]

profileid=-1

directory=C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2

modfolder=@RTEditor

[bug Report]

Name=Arno Nym

Contact=

[Options]

Starter=0

ArmAScript=C:\Users\Roland\AppData\Roaming\RTE Capture\ArmAScript.xml

BugReport=C:\Users\Roland\AppData\Roaming\RTE Capture\BugReport

Database=C:\Users\Roland\AppData\Roaming\RTE Capture\RTE.db

Templates=C:\Users\Roland\AppData\Roaming\RTE Capture\Templates

WindowPosition=1

Debuglog=0

[Profile]

Path=C:\Users\Roland\AppData\Roaming\RTE Capture\Profile.xml

ID=1

[ArmA2]

directory=C:\Program files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2

modfolder=@RTEditor

[update]

LastUpdate=06-Sep-09 17:35:13

AutoCloseTimer=30

Interval=14

AutoClose=1

NotFound=1

[Form_ArmAAddons]

x=92

y=92

w=820

h=717

max=0

[Form_Settings]

x=610

y=400

max=0

[Form_Update]

x=115

y=115

w=474

h=467

max=0

[Form_Main]

x=554

y=92

w=476

h=210

max=0

Hope this helps Thanking you Gear-Za

Well I tested it quickly to see if I could get it too work with just 1 unit and it was fine. Now that I'm trying to actually build something, I can't get that green box to encompass the units on the map to be exported.

I have RTE capture, and it states "Active", but I have never seen that 'Hooked' message that is in the video. Whenever I try to drag the green box in the map area, it seems to partially draw, then stop and I can see remnants of the previous box-drawing attempts. Also, a bell rings when I try to hit the export (it's in German, but it worked the 1st time), and a message that says "RTE Nicht activ" or something like that, but again, it reads active on the display :confused:

Edit- I'm trying this with Caa1 in Sahrani, maybe thats the problem?

Also, when installing Capture, is pointing it's directory to c/program files/bohemia/Arma2 folder correct?

Edit/Edit -seems to be working now. I think it had to do with the sequence of starting Arma2/Rte etc...

Thanks for this btw, I'm going to have a lot of fun with this!

Edited by froggyluv

@Deadfast:

Can confirm that Pitch & Bank need some rework too :(

@Gear-Za

Aside of the ArmA-section pointing to ArmA 2, everything looks fine ...

Can you send me an e-mail? I want to investigate this future but need to do some checks first. You can find my address in the "Impressum" (imprint) of my page.

@froggyluv:

The "Hooked" message is deprecated.

When using RTE Capture to start ArmA (II), make sure you have checked the "Use RTE Capture DLL". Then you don't need to press "Activate monitoring".

You are running the Arma1 version in Arma2 ... check that you get the correct file.

I used Setup.1.51.exe and it didn't even install on A2, only A1. Reinstalling...

p.s. same shit, if I have A1 installed the A2 version doesn't install no matter what!

Edited by IceBreakr

i0n0s yeah, config is not a problem. Problem is that install doesn't extract @RTEditor in A2 folder, just in A1 ;)

Can you send me your Options.ini?

Those directory should get created...

Any clues?

rte.jpg

Legacy of A1?

Thank god someone else has this issue. I thought I was going to have to write this off. Hope you can fix this.

Very nice job on this RTE, though the GUI of it is different the overall features are almost exacally on par with VBS2.

Edited by Vandrel

I have the german version of the game with the English Mod File. BUt most of the stuff in the RTE editor is in german. Anyway to fix this?

I got the same request on my bug tracker.

The problem is:

I use localize. So it will get displayed in ArmA II's language.

I could leave out e.g. German and it should get displayed in English.

But: What happens to people which want to have German captions?

So I would need to add a handling for those stringtables.

And I need to test what happens if I use a stringtable.xml and do localize with a missing language. Really don't know.

I hope that BIS implements the possibility to choose the language in 1.04.

Btw: Weapon dialogue for units is fixed and the pitch & bank dialogue too.

anybody else get a sort of lag when trying to move and rotate units/buildings?

at least for me, when i select a building and move it, there is a bit of lag and it takes the object time to catch up with where my mouse is. Its constant, and not just when i first begin to move or rotate the object. Also ive had some issues of slightly moving an object and it zipps off into never never land. last issue i noticed offhand, was attempting to drag multiple objects at once, each object got dragged at a different rate, as in distance actually moved compared to the other objects.

Thanks for all your work i0n0s! ive been looking forward to this for quite some time now.

About those lagging:

Sadly appears with >~10 units, at least on my system.

The scripts are mostly identified, but:

They are the same as in Armed Assault.

So the question is: Why are those slower in ArmA II?

And I don't have an answer on this...

What's that scripts for:

1. Marking the units and their group membership
  2. Keeping the units on their position (e.g. in the air when lifting)
  3. Getting the unit on the cursor position

Each list iterates over the number of units. Therefore it will get slower with the count of units increasing.

So the question is: Why are those slower in ArmA II?

And I don't have an answer on this...

Because ArmA 2 limits scripts to 3ms per frame to prevent them from bringing down the FPS too much.

What should help would be putting some code into functions that are called with the "call" command, since the function will be processed in one go before the next frame is rendered.

I dont mean to be the bearer of bad news, especially if its already known. just trying to help as much as i can here...

Im also getting an issue after a few minutes of use where the cursor starts acting funny. Its not moving around or anything like that, but its as if its hitting the "left mouse button" on its own randomly. It seems as if its holding the button as well, since i see the green band box appear when this begins to happen. Sometimes it will select units, because they were in the bandbox, and then because its still acting as if im holding the LMB it starts to drag the objects around if i move the mouse at all. Ive double checked my mouse, and i can guarantee you that it is not the source of the problem. I have closed Arma, reloaded it, and begun work on a new project, and tryed continuing work on a project, both times the problem returns after a short time.

Hey i0n0s awesome editor! Really helps alot when using RTE to edit missions. But just a question, any way to bring up FPS, as it's really eats up alot of FPS when RTE is enabled. Thanks

One small update:

One of the three scripts is under control.

I could place down four squads with only a small fps drop.

So two to go.