vilas

VILAS addons release thread

i have no idea too, i had some crashes and no idea why

i must get why i had crashes in large battlescenes

i have no idea what are values "nunits"

also just to inform - i made new textures and little remodeled RPD to match more Arma2 (new shaders)

Nice. thanks!

btw, your standard Soviet RPK soldier has an RPK with the curved magazine on the RPK, but he carries drum magazines in his gear. Both magazines will work with the RPK of course, but I still wonder if you did this on purpose or if it's an oversight.

I'm also investigating that 'nunits' issue. EDIT: As guessed before, your predefined groups are definitly the cause for this 'nunit' bug/ctd. I'll have a look again if you want.

EDIT2:

some more errors from the arma2.rpt:

Error: bin\config.bin/CfgVehicles/p85_m60tank/Turrets/MainTurret/Turrets/loaderOptics/: Turret body OtocVez_2 not found while initializing the model p85_v\bds_m60a3.p3d
Error: bin\config.bin/CfgVehicles/p85_m60tank/Turrets/MainTurret/Turrets/loaderOptics/: Turret gun OtocHlaven_2 not found while initializing the model p85_v\bds_m60a3.p3d
Protocol bin\config.bin/RadioProtocolEN/: Missing word tank
Protocol bin\config.bin/RadioProtocolRU/: Missing word Abrams
Protocol bin\config.bin/RadioProtocolEN/: Missing word t72

Edited by Dimitri_Harkov

ERA tanks have 13 000 polys and complicated shadow lods while rest of tanks have 5 000

maybe it is because of that

I made some more tests with regular arma tanks and compared them to the addon ones. I don't get any slow downs or bad fps when making huge armored battles and even with your addon tanks the game remains almost smooth. When they start fighting the problems begin. I don't know if it is when they shoot or explode or what. If the game would slow down because of the polys and shadow lods shouldn't it do it all the time when the tanks are on screen? Maybe it's some config or sound problem.

Edit: After some more testing I managed to get huge slow downs even in small tank battles (I was testing Arma2 M1A2 vs various addon Soviet tanks). I'm not sure but it feels like the slow downs begin always when the addon tanks start using their machine guns. The game turns into a slideshow but then immediately starts working perfectly again.

Edited by Dogmeat of Finland

do you have any wishes(fixes not adding new stuff, cause temporary i am too busy) for vehicles, weapons, troops pack ?

as i asked on f.ru... :) is it possible to make AN-94`s barrel animated? like this:

0:25-0:35

Question for Dogmeat, are you running JTD Smoke and Effects? If not try adjusting your effect settings as this will cause lag.

Marder 7.62 MG3 where ?

bild_mar_11.jpg

The Marder 1 - 1A1 had a MG3 on a lafette at the rear.

I made a test. First I reinstalled the addon and no, I'm not using any smoke or fire mods. I chose a soviet tank platoon from the group section and placed them to Utes airport. Then I created a platoon of US army soldiers and gave them a waypoint to the tanks. Immediately when the tanks started taking them down with machine guns the game turned to a slideshow. I tested this even with Soviet infantry VS NATO tanks. Then I found a fix :D

If I just place the tanks manually and make them into groups or just leave them alone, no slow downs occur :D so I think the problem is in the group section. I made a same kind of test in the Namalsk island with the same kind of results.

The mods I'm using at the moment are GDT mod plants, Chernarus Retexture and Saku night and sun lightning fixes. I don't know if this bug is addon related or just some regular Arma 2 bug but atleast I got it working now.

rpd2.jpg

rpd1.jpg

RPD was in OFPeish quality in weapons pack, now in P85 there will be RPD using Arma2 materials

not big tweak, but looks better

i hope to finalize soon this P85 stage, as now i consider Polish "paratrooper" self made camo

it was popular that Poles sewn camo themself because of lack of camo uniform in army

so this is self-made by soldiers from parashootes

and also Polish modern pack is under development too:

http://www.armaholic.eu/vilas/scr/roso1.jpg

http://www.armaholic.eu/vilas/scr/roso2.jpg

http://www.armaholic.eu/vilas/scr/roso3.jpg

and soon in Binkowski ACU addon players will see this :

http://www.armaholic.eu/vilas/scr/binko.jpg

Edited by vilas

Thank you very much vilas! For everything. I can't wait to see that RPD. Look awesome!

:) you're welcome :)

RPD is in pack already (silent update of config and weapons without news, cause still not finished, but off course it is on FTP, but i wanna find rest of bugs if present and test artillery mod - after my 2 HDD crashes i always "backup" my work on internet)

and as Polish forces bought some HK 416 for special forces, PKW Grom and my commando units will have this :

hk416.jpg

Suhweet! Awesome work as usual Vilas, glad to see these pieces of art in Arma2!

Awesome job on the 416's vilas! You are an addon making machine!

I know that you are probably still making the 416's, but I just want to make sure that you know that the 416's pistol grip isn't the same as the standard "M-16" series pistol grip. It looks more like this:

Pistolgrip.jpg

Also, I'm not sure which fore-grip that you've modeled, but it looks like you tried to make this one:

Foregrip.jpg

This is the traditional Knights Armament vertical grip used in the "sopmod" kit.

I know that this is just a minor detail that gets covered up by your hand when you use it, but I tend to notice small things like that. I don't really care if it gets fixed or not, I'm just making sure you are aware because judging by the quality and detail in all of your models, you are a very talented and detail oriented person.

The HK416 looks nice.

Will there also be versions of it with a scope or just ironsights?

And maybe some with grenade launchers?

I just downloaded the P'85 mod... All I have to say is: wow. Great job Vilas! Such a wealth of units and vehicles. Thumbs up all the way!

The HK416 looks nice.

Will there also be versions of it with a scope or just ironsights?

And maybe some with grenade launchers?

Polish forces bought only some of it for commando, also my country ministry is obsessed by Eotechs, our soldiers claim/moan that they don't have magnifying scopes but instead of this were even mad ideas to mount EOTs on NSV

so probably i will not make such version for my commando

if YAC and PKW GROM addon will need, than in YAC addon you will see HK 416 with AG36 grenade launcher

simply my "usual commando" will represent Polish special forces soldier with bought HK 416

i am not making pack of HK, i am making "what our Ministry bought" :)

but of course if Grom has AG36 launcher for HK 416 than in YAC PKW Grom addon you will see it

me and Yac divide work - Vilas - usual soldiers, YAC - special forces like GROM

The HK416 vertical grip looks a little on the big side. I would down size it just a little.

Polish forces bought only some of it for commando, also my country ministry is obsessed by Eotechs, our soldiers claim/moan that they don't have magnifying scopes but instead of this were even mad ideas to mount EOTs on NSV

so probably i will not make such version for my commando

if YAC and PKW GROM addon will need, than in YAC addon you will see HK 416 with AG36 grenade launcher

simply my "usual commando" will represent Polish special forces soldier with bought HK 416

i am not making pack of HK, i am making "what our Ministry bought" :)

but of course if Grom has AG36 launcher for HK 416 than in YAC PKW Grom addon you will see it

me and Yac divide work - Vilas - usual soldiers, YAC - special forces like GROM

Why don't they just buy 4x magnifiers for their eotechs then? :D

cause "general sitting whole time in staff building knows better than private on field " and maybe (like it is often in my country) someone get money - but let's stay away here from politics and life issues

simply "we bought EOTechs for everything" including 0.5 machineguns, cows, rabbits and cucumbers

magnifying scopes in Polish army are : PSO-1 for SWD, 6x for SVD and PCO PCS 5/5M/6 (2.2x magnification) for Beryl

in Warsaw pact SVD played role of "longer distance rifle with scope in every team" , while in games it is misconceptioned as sniper rifle

and remain of Warsaw Pact is close quaters EOT on rifle and for long distance SVD, SAKO in team now

there was a contract sign to buy for army 2.2x day/night scopes PCS 5/6 (counterpart of American AN/PEQ and Russian NSPU's but still very rare in soldiers' hands

Edited by vilas

Well then I hope that the ministry changes their opinion ;)

I don't know if any flareguns or even flares for grenade launchers are on the units yet or in the pack at all - But personally, I'd love to see them in the P'85 units. Is there any chance of that happening, Vilas?

2005.jpg

at the moment i think P85 is to be finished , and i need time to finish Modern Polish addon and DANA howitzer and such like vehicles

Awesome job Vilas..:yay::yay:

big thks for your addons.