vilas

VILAS addons release thread

Russian units are as i remember under faction : RU and probably bonus Militia reskin (reskin of BIS Czernarus Police) are there too

if not under 85-Soviet army, than look for Russian bonus under "Russia > ..."

T80U and etc. are under "P85- Soviet vehicles"

P85 has 5 languages version

up :)

just reminding for people who may missed that Project 85 addons were released yesterday

info for newbies in community :

Project 85 is addon pack and tribute to OFP era theme

P85 is about cold war in 80's in Europe

it contains:

- US army units

- British paratrooper

- USSR soldiers (many many models in different uniforms)

- Polish soldier

- East German soldiers

- West German soldier

- bonuses as guerillas, modern Russians etc.

P85 aims at realism of look and balistics

P85 fixes bugs of non-realistic too big range of some weapons in game

P85 gives very big number of weapons from AK(47) by most of all AK models, HK G-3, MG-3, FN weapons and much much much more , even SKS, StG-44, AK-5, UZI

P85 has a lot of vehicles : BMP1, BTR-60, BTR-70, SKOT, T-55, T-72, T-64, T-80, M60, M1 Abrams, M113, Bradley M2 and M2A2, Leopard tanks and some more German vehicles

Works great! I've been a big fan of the P85 mod since the first release. And it's getting better and better.

I experienced one error/incompatibility, though.

If I start the game with -winxp -maxmem=2047 -cpucount=4 the game crashes either on start or exit.

Don't know which of those variables is doing it or if other addons cause a problem. I need time that I do not have to figure it out.

Edited by DiFool

Indeed, great work!

I have just uploaded a multiplayer mission for Project '85 here: http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=87567

---

Some bug reports:

-The RPG grenades on your RPG soldiers cause a sometimes horrible gfx bug (something like 'exploding faces').

-Missing damage texture for the M923

-US Army crew soldiers always complain about having 'no ammo'. In fact they have ammo, but their ammo is of 'pistol ammo' type, so they still think they have none.

-RPK has no drum magazine on the model, but drum magazines in the inventory... intended or oversight?

Many thanks vilas! Keep it up, one just has to love P'85 :)

Cheers,

D.

concerning RPG, hmmm sounds irrational :O

one of my friends told me to not use Beta 1.04 because there sometimes head disappears in this patch

do you have 1.03 beta, 1.04 or 1.04 beta ?

cause i am surprised as i used BIS example head model in soldiers' models

Greasegun magazine type fixed second ago (deleted "type=16" from config)

concerning groups - i tried few times and always was ctd so i erased groups till i will understand what is wrong in OFP/Arma1 cfg_groups that not works here in Arma2

Edited by vilas

This is great! I have been waiting for a Cold War mod. You should definately get this to the front pages of Armaholic and Armedassault Info. I used to love the Cold War theme of OFP and P85 is just what I wanted for Arma II. :cheers:

Thanks Vilas, I really appreciate your work. I love the Cold War era etc. I may be working on a campaign using P'85.

@vilas:

There is some misunderstanding:

The RPG grenade on the RPG launcher (when shouldered) seems to have a mesh that is either not closed or penetrates the body, or has flipped normals or whatever and causes it's 3d-faces (you know: that area between the vertices... isn't that called 'face'?) to extend infinitly to all directions sometimes.

The RPG soldier then looks like some piece of modern art that fills the whole screen.

I have 1.04 official btw.

Cheers!

Edited by Dimitri_Harkov

what RPG exactly, please

cause there are 4 RPG with 4 rockets every , so it is 16 models with rockets + 4 empty = 20 models, it will be easier if you say which one and if it possible give screen

which rpg with what rocket and what army soldier ?

It's the PG7V grenade. The launcher itself (RPG7V) can't be the problem as you are using the stock BIS launcher.

It's not the soldier model either, I have tried with both your Soviets and original BIS models.

When I use the BIS pg7 model for your PG7v grenade, everything's fine.

Cheers,

D.

excellent work vilas. loved this mod in ArmA . even better too see it in ArmA2.

Thanks for all your hard work. :D

in some days i hope to fix bugs that will be found

i know how to fix glasses thanx to Binkowski's advice

and when bugs will be found, i will be trying to fix it

assuming:

config small problem - Greasegun fixed

glasses - to be fixed in some days

M923 destruction material lack - will be fixed

missing Mi-2 and PBR - along with above

what else ?

must check RPG-7 ironsight with rockets

due to hard disc crash i lost over half year ago MLODS of T72 Era, Itis, HK G3, so i cannot make dampers for T72AV, Iltis VW183, i cannot make Arma2 materials for G3

Adding group selection for the new units would be nice. Maybe you should make a new thread for P85 since this one is very easy to miss.

Edited by Dogmeat of Finland

i have problem with understending why Arma 1 groups not work in Arma2 and cause CTD , so i erased groups definitions till i will learn how to make it work here

Absolutely amazing mod, P85 looks if anything even better in Arma2 than in Arma1 :D

Now I'm off to make the two germanies fight one another for my amusement! :cool:

i have problem with understending why Arma 1 groups not work in Arma2 and cause CTD , so i erased groups definitions till i will learn how to make it work here

If I remember correctly this US Navy Seals addon has group selection. Maybe you could open the config or contact DanL2mx.

I experienced one error/incompatibility, though.

If I start the game with -winxp -maxmem=2047 -cpucount=4 the game crashes either on start or exit.

Don't know which of those variables is doing it or if other addons cause a problem. I need time that I do not have to figure it out.

I had a crash with p85 mod only and without the variables mentioned above. After exiting the game a light grey-blue screen remained. I had to use the task manager to end the game. It does not happen every time though.

i found other reason for ctd , languages Arma feature

when class was SoldierGB and you were nearing east friendly soldier who had language =ru there was ctd

so i fixed this

thanx to Dimitri_Harkov, T_D, Binkowski - i could fixed most annoying errors:

- there are groups

- glasses bugs no more

- Iltis and T72 Era have dampers

3 files were updated :

config , vehicles, troops

in some days i will check weapons (i found that due to new BIS materials (SMDI brighter) compared to old Arma1 materials GP-25 on AKM is very bright)

what was added - Chernorussian soldier looking like mix of Polish and Czechoslovak (old Polish rain camo from 1960, armed like Czech army and wearing more round helmet)

Arma 1 Polish Mi-2 added

5ton truck destruction fixed

big thanx for support Dimitri_Harkov, T_D, Binkowski

i'm not sure if youre aware of this but the animation for holding the M60E3 is off. the hand does not fit onto the grip.

great addon, i'm really enjoying all the new weapons :)

These addons of yours look very nice in ArmA2. I hope you continue to work on them. I don't know if you've seen/been told this, but on the LAV vehicles, while in the commander/gunner turret, and having the AI drive, there is something wrong with the axels while traversing the turret. It seemed like the front left and rear right wheels would turn with the turret. Just one thing I found, but otherwise very fun mod to play around with. Can't wait for some missions to come out involving the ported p85 content.

edit: Also, some of your mobile artillery platforms like the m109 and whatever the heck those russian ones are called lol, well I tried linking them to the Artillery module just to see what would happen, and as the gunner, the map does come up but gives and error. I just wanted to ask if you were ever going to try and integrate the Artillery module whatever into some of your mobile artillery pieces. As that would be really freaking awesome. :D

Edited by Ebolax

i am not coder, so i cannot say about artillery module integration :(

i am too poor in config skills sadly

i'm not sure if youre aware of this but the animation for holding the M60E3 is off. the hand does not fit onto the grip.

i know, model keeps real sizes and proportions, but BIS animation is for Mk 48

it can fit M4 with frontgrip or Romanian or Hungarian AK

but it not fit M60E3

info : on bottom of previous site i told about 3 bug fixes and updates, so if someone read ONLY this site, please check previous posts

i found other reason for ctd , languages Arma feature

when class was SoldierGB and you were nearing east friendly soldier who had language =ru there was ctd

so i fixed this

thanx to Dimitri_Harkov, T_D, Binkowski - i could fixed most annoying errors:

- there are groups

- glasses bugs no more

- Iltis and T72 Era have dampers

3 files were updated :

config , vehicles, troops

in some days i will check weapons (i found that due to new BIS materials (SMDI brighter) compared to old Arma1 materials GP-25 on AKM is very bright)

what was added - Chernorussian soldier looking like mix of Polish and Czechoslovak (old Polish rain camo from 1960, armed like Czech army and wearing more round helmet)

Arma 1 Polish Mi-2 added

5ton truck destruction fixed

big thanx for support Dimitri_Harkov, T_D, Binkowski

Edited by vilas

thanks for the explanation vilas. is it possible to have a separate config for the weapons rather than one for all? the reason is i like adding the weapons to vanilla arma 2 units in the editor but i dont need all the classnames filling up the units list. but if i dont have the config then it cant give the units the weapons as there is no entry. i hope you can see where im coming from for people that want to mix and match parts of P85 but dont need all the content.

also soundmods dont work with some of the weapons from what ive seen, for example if you have a guy in your squad with a vanilla M249 and a guy with a M249 para from P85 they sound very different.

great work!

Edited by AnimalMother92

Some bugs I found:

Marder commander interior textures/crosshair missing.

Marder 7.62 MGun missing.

The aiming of the Marder and BMP-1 has to be fixed (distancezoommin/-max?).

Swiching ammo (AP/HE) in the Bradley takes too long?

Using the MGun in the Jaguar does not work properly.

MGun on the M109 does not work.

Aiming MGun as a T-80U commander has to be fixed.

Aiming MGun as a T-80BV commander: missing textures.

T-62 commander interior textures/crosshair missing.

Edited by DiFool