Sign in to follow this  
gachopin

MH-53E addon released

Is it me or does the MH53E model look a littel to big for normal size?

It is the largest western helicopter.... :)

Loving this helicopter :)

Thank you so much, I have an idea of the many hours you must have put in so us lucky guys can fly it.

Thanks again.

Southy

I'm updated MH53E :D

Attention : classname/foldername was changed.

new folder name -> gac_USMC_MH53E

mh53eforarma2.jpg

version 1.2

- Using Environment Map Texture from ARMA2

- Changed classname/VehicleClass

- Changed geometryLOD "heavier"

- Fixed main rotor position more correctly

- Changed main rotor width & form

- Added RotorLowIn/HighIn sound by Miles Teg

- Added icon / map icon

- Reduced cargo seats's polycount

Download

I also released this for ARMA:)

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=84762

Very nice addon.

But isnt it a bit too fast?

In arma2 the MH53 is flying over 350!! I think max speed of ~280 is more realistic?

ok not cool.

i have a mission that is highly dependent on your mh53 that i have been editing for over 12 hours. now the map CANNOT be loaded to edit because the name/path has been changed for the addon and it cant find the USMC_MH53E and so refuses to open my mission!!

please help me!

Go to My documents/ArmA 2 (Other Profiles)/YourProfile/Missions/YourMissionName.chernarus/utes. Find the file mission.sqm. Open it with for instance notepad. This file contains all the editor-placed stuff in the mission. Simply ctrl-f find all the instances of the OLD config name and replace them with the new.

Ta-daa! (alternatively, if you don't want to mess around with old configs, simply change the helicopter(s) to a default Arma 2 chopper, and then change them back to the new file-named helicopter once you can open the mission again.

Regards,

Wolfrug

@ Animalmother92

Open the misison.sqm in wordpad or whatever you use. Replace EVERY occurance of USMC_Mh53E with gac_USMC_MH53E [if you use wordpad there's a replace function]. Should sort it.

EDIT: Whoops, wolfrug beat me to it!

Go to My documents/ArmA 2 (Other Profiles)/YourProfile/Missions/YourMissionName.chernarus/utes. Find the file mission.sqm. Open it with for instance notepad. This file contains all the editor-placed stuff in the mission. Simply ctrl-f find all the instances of the OLD config name and replace them with the new.

Ta-daa! (alternatively, if you don't want to mess around with old configs, simply change the helicopter(s) to a default Arma 2 chopper, and then change them back to the new file-named helicopter once you can open the mission again.

Regards,

Wolfrug

ok thnx i actually just got it working. it was really odd tho. there were no traces of the usmc_mh53 left in my sqm (replaced by a huey) and it still wouldnt load. but after some fiddling i got it back in.

sorry about that but i almost had a heart attack lol.

in regards to the chopper itself, it just keeps getting more awesome! although i did prefer it under USMC>Air instead of GAC Air

Thanks for the update..I looked at the changes and non have to do with the actual flight model..as of 1.1 it flew like an AH-6 has this been fixed?

Thanks for the update..I looked at the changes and non have to do with the actual flight model..as of 1.1 it flew like an AH-6 has this been fixed?
version 1.2

- Changed geometryLOD "heavier"

I think this might be what you're looking for. The heli sure feels heavier now.

Now the MH-53E "Sea Dragon" looking much better. The wider main rotor blades look great. The added weight adds a more realistic handling, now the roll and yaw needs to be tweaked.

Sir,

With every change you are getting better and better. I was thrilled when I say your first release, and the improvements are better and better. I glad you are working with other indivduals to be able to load a SPEC OPs Buggy into on of these models and you made one for Armed Assault as well! Could you see it into your heart to make an USAF Pave Low version as well? Thanks!

just wanna say, i really like this one. along with the CH-46, this is a helicopter i've been waiting for. thanks. :cool:

there will be an CH-46 on arrowhead methinks

Sea Knight != Chinook.

I mean they're really similar but not the same thing.

The MH-53E is pretty much the CH-53E, just with a few minor differences. I wish we did have the CH-46E, it would be freaking sweet.

Gachopin gave me permissions to make ch-53E's in usaf versions and usmc versions, so once there done ill have Gachopin re-port them to arma2! im also trying to make them float(like for seal extractions)...also i have updated the textures to add more detail and wear n tear....ill also try to fix the lod problems(inside not showing from a distance)! so look out for them!

Sea Knight != Chinook.

I mean they're really similar but not the same thing.

Yep... my mistake

i saw the screenshot quickly and thought it was an Sea Knight

Gachopin gave me permissions to make ch-53E's in usaf versions and usmc versions, so once there done ill have Gachopin re-port them to arma2! im also trying to make them float(like for seal extractions)...also i have updated the textures to add more detail and wear n tear....ill also try to fix the lod problems(inside not showing from a distance)! so look out for them!

canFloat = 1;

:)

Southy

thanks southy!

UPDATE: i got new textures and they look great! i also fixed a few things on the model..including the missing piece of the left wheel, and fixed things many things in the config, and made the class names proper(usn..instead of usmc)! im also fininshing up the usaf hh-53j\m(wiTch sadly in not in service since dec. 08') with proper usaf markings...and i will add flir later on(like in my seahawks) also there seems to be some kinda fastrope\sling in there which im gonna fins a way to make it work! also i made a re-fuel probe..it dont look that great so if some one wants to donate one that would be great!.

@gachopin...ill pmyou soon bud, with all the updates and models...unless you want me to release them myself on here? talk soon bud!

thanks southy!

UPDATE: i got new textures and they look great! i also fixed a few things on the model..including the missing piece of the left wheel, and fixed things many things in the config, and made the class names proper(usn..instead of usmc)! im also fininshing up the usaf hh-53j\m(wiTch sadly in not in service since dec. 08') with proper usaf markings...and i will add flir later on(like in my seahawks) also there seems to be some kinda fastrope\sling in there which im gonna fins a way to make it work! also i made a re-fuel probe..it dont look that great so if some one wants to donate one that would be great!.

@gachopin...ill pmyou soon bud, with all the updates and models...unless you want me to release them myself on here? talk soon bud!

Thanks for the time and effort soldier2390. I always looked forward to your seahawk pack unfortunately I removed A1 from my HD sometime ago.

One question about the fast rope, FLIR and anything else you add: Can you make sure you incorporate XEH/CBA into anything that could use it(i.e. any eventhandlers, etc.). This would go a long way to ensuring compatibility.

Thanks again for the work and the update.

sure bud ill try to add that if i can,if not you can bet ill find some one who can! also no worrys but not having A1, ill port all my stuff to A2 or have some one else do it! and ill update this for A2 too, and my USAF version as well. and i got more stuff on the way! ill try to add guns but everything i add some one needs to fix their lods(so they don't disappear for a distance)!

Main rotor blade is still vary funny looking. Vary nice MH 53 but that main rotor looks still vary wobbley it just dont look right. Good work and keep it up.

That's great that you were able to make the USN change. The Navy is the only ones that fly the MH-53E (or still flying it). Looking forward to this new update. :cool: