Sign in to follow this  
gachopin

MH-53E addon released

I can't wait to try out the update tonight.

I see these things everyday so it's great to fly one around in a simulated combat environment for once :)

If the update doesn't fix the flight model, that would be awesome if you could fix that. It feels like you took the flight model from the AH-6 cause this 53 is as nimble as a hummingbird right now...which it really is not.

Other than that it is great fun, see about mimicking more of how the CH47 behaves

Looking forward to your next update and thanks again for your hard work!

Gachopin, I just want you to know that you are welcome to use the rotor/engine sound that my mod (The Lost Brothers) used on our CH-53 in ArmA 1. It is an actual CH-53 recording that I heavily edited to make it sound more like the massive thundering sound that these choppers make in real life. In the editing I both enhanced the low frequencies and I added in several jet engine sounds from other samples to get just the right balance. So I worked very hard to get this sound. I used to hear Ch-53's flying over my house all the time when I lived near the Naval Air Station in Pensacola, Florida and the huge sound of these choppers always was awesome! Anyways, you might want to check it out. Here is the link to the sound:

http://www.idfsquad.com/downloads/milesteg/CH53EX3.wav

I hope that you will continue to perhaps make other variants of the CH-53 as well such as the MH-53 variants. Overall incredible work!!! Thank you!

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Hi Gachopin!

Many thanks for your work! Definately keep it up!

I took the liberty of adding a bit of detail, applied the decals according to walkorounds found on 'primeportal' and added some weathering; anyway; here's the first result of a quick reskin ;) Hope you like it

mh2o.th.jpgmh4.th.jpgmh1l.th.jpgmh3g.th.jpg

Topas, that looks amazing!

This actually brings up a question, I'm hoping Topas and/or others could answer. Looking at the retexture itself and all the decals, I was curious how you guys do it when texturing? Do you manually make all the decals individually in Photoshop, or do you have like brush packs for that? Looking at the original and retexture got me really wondering. :)

Well, not to make a grand tutorial that would mess with the topic; but giving some small hints ->

There are some great sites you can source fabulous textures from - metal surfaces, leaks, scratches, mud- whatever you want. My favourite is CG textures [google it]. Once you find a desired piece you apply it to the texture in a manner you find appropriate and depending on your PS skills. Everytime before I begin I try to visit as many reference sites as possible to start working on something that has a RLcounterpart; it's not about making a fantasy vision; but to bring it to a look that is has in reality; as much as it's allowed.

That's why Primeportal and other sites with reference pics for modellers come so much in handy here. Download the pics you need, copy the parts you need and apply those with as much skill as you have so they blend in naturally with the base texture already existing ;)

There is also another shortcut method- you can alwas google for images tagged - for example "MH53E Decals"- with a little luck you'll find all the little details you need; but the quality is not the one you desire... And even if you find good ones- theres Primeportal again; so you know where to exactlyplace those. ;)

--------

@Cionara

So far it's kind of a personal experiment; Once the author finds it interesting I will continue my work on enhancing the detail and pass on my work to him so he can include it in one of the next releases ;)

Edited by topas

Yep i notice the rotor still is out of place a bit. Thaught i was crazy first or did something wrong hehe.

Awesome heli that gets better and better. :)

Alex

Hi Gachopin,

Would you ever consider an ArmA1 conversion Sir?

Annoying I know, but never hurts to ask :)

Thanks

Stew

>AnimalMother92

I don't plan to change seats,sorry.

>Snake man

Now I changing geometry.It'll help me.

> miles

Nice engine sound, I'll test it.

>topas

Your reskin is really great! Can I use it? :D

>GD Mast&Alex72

I'll change blade width, but moving main rotor more correctly is hard for me.

>Stewy

Other man want me to release this for ARMA1 too.

I'll release for ARMA1 If I can do.(maybe difference between ARMA1&2 is only "supershader" and classname)

Gachopin: pls use supershader on glass too and theres something wrong with the main rotor head - missing a little detail of it look at this pic If you can pls add more detail on it :tounge2:

btw can you use new A2 env map in your rvmats and not that old A1 one :D

Edited by RobertHammer

Super shader on glass will mess with inside view too right? Like the community Mi-28 wich is really hard to look out from when its sunny. Is it possible to add the super shader to 1 side only? Only outer textures get the treatment but not inside. That would be great but i guess not doable.

Alex

I tried doing a CRRC (Insertion) drop like we can with the Chinook but it just blows up, any workaround? It seems to fit into the Helo nicely.

Thanks

van4.th.jpgvan2q.th.jpgvan1.th.jpgvan3.th.jpg

Ok guys & girls,

We had a nice PM exchange with Gachopin and decided to cooperate on this one; I was about to donate the texture as shown in last post; but felt that it still misses that 'little something'.

So here's a new WIP with detail added to the plating + changed Vanguard emblem [additionaly even more weathering here and there]. Still a lot of work with those tine bolts; as only 80% of the sides has those, no under the 'belly' yet

Now that's a whole lot of detail!

Super shader on glass will mess with inside view too right?

When you change the visual LOD's only and leave the cargo / pilot view untouched, this issue is avoidable.

@Topas: Well done. Good to see you here again :)

One more question: Can you add an A1-Odol version to your package (Version 40, binned with the old binPBO)? This way, we might be able to use the MH-53E in A1 (after replacing the super-shaders)...

Edited by modEmMaik

that is just pure awesomeness...hope the flight model gets worked out in the next update then I'll be blown away

Damn Topas, that retexture is so beautiful it makes me pee myself in excitement! _eagerpee__by_Ikue.gif

Great heli and nice update, but the main rotor is still not in place!

Please fix that, I have the feeling I'm gonna lose the rotor any moment when flying this beautiful machine! :)

Best regards.

but the main rotor is still not in place!

Please fix that, I have the feeling I'm gonna lose the rotor any moment when flying this beautiful machine! :)

He just said:

There is a trick:

Select the rotors, or just the mid-section in O2. Shift-D (or resize it to 0/0/0) and try to move the resulting veritcle to the corresponding axis as good as you can. Undo all changes and move the complete rotor section using the same move command (including blur etc.). This should give you a good centered rotor.

:edit: I have just checked this: Only the blur is slightly off center, so you may copy the axis from the memory lod into the blur p3d (for reference) and try to center the blur, using the described method.

BR,

mike

Edited by modEmMaik