Sign in to follow this  
jtec

Arma2 youtube tutorials

Can somebody tell me where to find O2 (Sorry to crash on this thread). it's just i can't find it anywhere ! :O So can anybody link me up to a download or does it cost money? Thank's alot.

Dan

---------- Post added at 09:25 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:22 AM ----------

Sorry i really am i found it :P

Hey all! I'm sitting here bored at work.. and I was thinking of installing o2 on my machine here... What would the minimum tools I need just to make the models and textures (I allready have gimp installed) I wont be installing ArmAII on here either So is there a way to sort bulldozer out?

Thanks for any help guys..

Hey all! I'm sitting here bored at work.. and I was thinking of installing o2 on my machine here... What would the minimum tools I need just to make the models and textures (I allready have gimp installed) I wont be installing ArmAII on here either So is there a way to sort bulldozer out?

Thanks for any help guys..

Just get the whole pack - BIS Tools 2. You don't need A2 in order for the buldozer to work (at least the latest build for O2.)

I just reinstalled o2 but everytime I try to start it crashes and give me an error message of

D:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\Tools\Oxygen 2 Personal Edition\Oxygen2PE.exe

This application has failed to start because the application configuration is incorrect. Reinstalling the application may fix this problem.

I've tried reinstalling but same story.. :( any Ideas?

Please dont post your problems here. This thread is not for that.

wolfbite

Search the the ArmA 2 & OA : BI TOOLS - TROUBLESHOOTING section.

If you dont find the answer, use a similar thread and ask there.

Suggest you show us the settings you have in o2-> file -> options

These video tutorials have helped me a great bit in understanding the LODs different uses, and the O2 interface. There's apparently still alot you have to do, even if you got a finished model.

Now I'm just stuck trying to sort out all the different named objects from the sample files. English would've made it much easier. Then I must learn how to make config files and I'm good to go. Thank you, Gnat =)

ABS's Static proxy cargo animations tuts add to second post.

Thanks sir !

Gnat;2149634']ABS's Static proxy cargo animations tuts add to second post.

Thanks sir !

No worries, mate! I'm happy to see them included among the tutorials that you have created.

Abs

great vid abs :) also learned a few things about O2 i didnt know before...a big facepalm moment :p

great vid abs :) also learned a few things about O2 i didnt know before...a big facepalm moment :p

:) Glad it was insightful. I'm just standing on the shoulder's of giants here though. The real thanks belongs to those who reply to the questions all the time.

Abs

would be nice if somebody makes youtube vid. about wighting a new model in oxygen i am kinda in limbo with this

would be nice if somebody makes youtube vid. about wighting a new model in oxygen i am kinda in limbo with this

I might do one in the future, I'd have to work out exactly how to do a video on it, the problem with weighting is it's pretty hard to teach. I mean you can show all the different things that make up weighting but the bulk of getting on and actually doing it is unfortunately a lot of trial and error lol. Also I have a shite microphone so the quality would be uber poor lol!

In case you hadn't seen it I did a Weighting Overview a while back, the pictures were all dead links but I've replaced them all today :)

Weighting Overview

I might do one in the future, I'd have to work out exactly how to do a video on it, the problem with weighting is it's pretty hard to teach. I mean you can show all the different things that make up weighting but the bulk of getting on and actually doing it is unfortunately a lot of trial and error lol. Also I have a shite microphone so the quality would be uber poor lol!

In case you hadn't seen it I did a Weighting Overview a while back, the pictures were all dead links but I've replaced them all today :)

Weighting Overview

i did read your tut. but i keep messing up i kinda did some tests i pretty good with oxygen except with weighting a model if you could do a youtube tut. you would help a lot of people not just me

The OFPEC links for the .RTM animations and the animated section of an addon are down. Is there another spot we can grab those from?

edit the post through main user...

Edited by Nick
mistake

As I mainly profited from tutorials by other members and learned some stuff by doing, here's a two-part tutorial on how to rig a custom character - which is not very well documentated as far as I can see. It's not for the total O2 newbie - you should know about how to move objects, cycle throw the different selection modes etc.

-T_uo4Xz-WI

b2tL1FlCe4Q

Covered in this:

- adjusting scale + pose of the original model (if needed)

- setting textures

- adding custom weighting to selections (thanks to StalkerGB for original tut)

- using an arma1 rtm to test the riggingin bulldozer

- some explanations and general tips etc.

In the tutorial I rigged just the spine, spine1 + spine2 selection, I may expand this if there's a request though. Also if you have other requests for infantry (which is my main "area of expertise") and maybe objects, please leave a comment.

edit: just saw the ratio is all screwed up.. need to fix it damn

Edited by Icewindo

Gnat;2368634']OH! .... sounds delicious Icewindo !

Thanks, you videos were an inspiration - wish they existed when I started modding, I'm sure they all help people out well :) . Imo it's far more effective to learn by seeing a modder doing his thing rather than trying out hard for the fifth time for yourself guided by some unsatisfying forum posts and minimalistic BIKI entries.

I added the videos again, though I didn't fix the aspect ratio (seems like i recorded at the wrong resolution) I hid some secret addon stuff that shouldn't be seen for now :don 16:.

Edited by Icewindo

nice vids. one thing i noticed, when u cant rightclick-> select in object cause of missing texture you can get the same result by open up the selections panel and doubleclick on the missing texture, this selects the according part in the model.

and to get the selectionnames in the new model i would actually ctrl+c the sample bis man open up a new o2 paste it in lod 0 + 1, delete all from the actual model in lod 1, so i have empty selection names allready and then paste my own model in lod 1. then i would select a selection, lets say leftlegroll, in lod 0, invert selection and hide that, so only leftlegroll is visible, jump to lod 1 select the according parts in my model and redefine the selection with right click on my leftlegroll selection in lod1. so you can make sure you dont forget anything cause u just go threw the list of the identical selections in lod 0 +1. weighting of course has to be finetuned.

it is really interesting how everybody cause of a lack of tutorials in the past somehow developed his own workflow.

nice vids. one thing i noticed, when u cant rightclick-> select in object cause of missing texture you can get the same result by open up the selections panel and doubleclick on the missing texture, this selects the according part in the model.

and to get the selectionnames in the new model i would actually ctrl+c the sample bis man open up a new o2 paste it in lod 0 + 1, delete all from the actual model in lod 1, so i have empty selection names allready and then paste my own model in lod 1. then i would select a selection, lets say leftlegroll, in lod 0, invert selection and hide that, so only leftlegroll is visible, jump to lod 1 select the according parts in my model and redefine the selection with right click on my leftlegroll selection in lod1. so you can make sure you dont forget anything cause u just go threw the list of the identical selections in lod 0 +1. weighting of course has to be finetuned.

it is really interesting how everybody cause of a lack of tutorials in the past somehow developed his own workflow.

Thanks about the first one, didn't know that :) .

Yep for your second point I mostly paste the org model into the new one if i want all the selections so it's the other way around than your technique. I don't like switching around in the lods and prefer to see both new and org. model at the same screen so i opened up the 2 oxygen instances - this makes weighting easier as I can't remember the weighting I just saw that well. Maybe I'll expand the tut abit with the other selections/techniques.