• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic
Aceman_rus
Aceman_rus

Private First Class

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 09 August 2009 - 15:51

I made this thread so BIS could see it as soon as possible! Don't remove it please! When 1.03 came out, i started campaign from begining. I made it to Badlands, captured 3 towns and then Idashi called me to kill Prizrak. I came to the Prizrak's hideout and after conversation made couple shots in him. And...he was still OK. My first thought was: "WTF?" Tried to load the latest save, made it once again. Same result. I even tried to kill him using RPG, but he just flew far away:) BIS make a hotfix to the patch just like you have done it to 1.02(58134)! I mean WTF? I was waiting for a new patch(just like everyone else) for more than a month and then i got this sh*t?! This is very frustrating!

mikupoiss
mikupoiss

Corporal

• Members
  • 62 posts

Posted 09 August 2009 - 15:59

I'm having same problem with latest (1.03) patch. WTF??

whopper_with_cheese
whopper_with_cheese

Sergeant

• Members
  • 132 posts

Posted 09 August 2009 - 16:04

one of the devs acknolwedged (and apologised for) this issue as being introduced in 1.03 several days ago, in one of the 100s of other threads mentioning this same issue. i.e. they know. whether anything is done before a major patch though...

Edited by whopper_with_cheese, 09 August 2009 - 16:06.

Specs:
Spoiler

Splikes
Splikes

Private First Class

• Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 09 August 2009 - 17:36

that happened with me too... damn , i wanted so much to kill him but i already finished the campaign.

Spoiler

Edited by Splikes, 09 August 2009 - 17:38.

mikupoiss
mikupoiss

Corporal

• Members
  • 62 posts

Posted 11 August 2009 - 05:40

Oh c'mon. Developers should put out some emergency fix for this. I don't want to cheat to complete this mission...

seldom
seldom

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 11 August 2009 - 05:48

I am also experiencing this bug, but worse than that - after finishing the mission (either via ENDMISSION or normally), NAPA are enemies in Dogs of War. I start Dogs of War chatting to Razor, and the nearby NAPA guys kill me and my squad immediately.

br@cob
br@cob

Lance Corporal

• Members
  • 60 posts

Posted 13 August 2009 - 05:04

You can still beat the campaign without killing Prizrak.
Spoiler

WarOnDemand
WarOnDemand

Private First Class

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 13 August 2009 - 15:01

I am also experiencing this bug, but worse than that - after finishing the mission (either via ENDMISSION or normally), NAPA are enemies in Dogs of War. I start Dogs of War chatting to Razor, and the nearby NAPA guys kill me and my squad immediately.

If you use Endmission in Badlands it forces you to spawn inside the CHDzk base rather then the Napa in Dogs Of War. Usually by some trees with your squad by a group of soldiers off to your side. That's the insurgents shooting you, not Napa. A known bug. If you finish normally after endmission the effect will likely stay. I had this issue myself before :/
You have to revert your saves back to restart Badlands to remove this effect.

Edited by WarOnDemand, 13 August 2009 - 15:04.

Catchy
Catchy

Private First Class

• Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 13 August 2009 - 18:15

Spoiler

Edited by Catchy, 13 August 2009 - 18:24.

Endless Nova
Endless Nova

Private First Class

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 14 August 2009 - 06:57

it's stupid anyway. Why can't the guy with the damn AK who asks you to do it himself? And when you refuse he calls you a coward. Yeah right....it's a bad plothole imo.
Shooting from a bush and missing means the bush and you get it full auto.

Max Power
Max Power

Mr. Angry Face

• Members
  • 12828 posts

Posted 14 August 2009 - 06:58

Because you volunteered to do it, set it up, talked to a bunch of people tellign them how awesome you are and how great it will be, then you bitched out at the last second and had a little cry.

Edited by Max Power, 14 August 2009 - 07:09.

giantsfan24
giantsfan24

Lance Corporal

• Members
  • 53 posts

Posted 14 August 2009 - 19:28

Spoiler

I can confirm this works. IN the next mission, Prizak is alive with you at a NAPA base.

Undeceived
Undeceived

Sergeant Major

• Members
  • 1446 posts

Posted 18 August 2009 - 00:38

Dammit, I don't want to let this sucker alive!
How can such a bug happen?!? Come on, BI!

Posted Image Posted Image
Dying Ember | Resistance campaign for Arma 3
Black Lands | Resistance campaign for Arma 2: CO

For The Life Of A Friend | SP scenario for Arma 2: CO
Evil's Last Will | SP scenario for Arma

jezuro
jezuro

BI Developer

• 257 posts
  • LocationBrno, Czech republic

Posted 18 August 2009 - 07:17

Hotfix linked here:
http://forums.bistud...212&postcount=6

Max Power
Max Power

Mr. Angry Face

• Members
  • 12828 posts

Posted 18 August 2009 - 07:18

Big ups to Jezuro and the rest of the team.

hondobob
hondobob

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 18 August 2009 - 16:22

Hi all!

New guy here and another new bug or maybe the original bug but could be a combination of old and new bug. When I tried the hotfix after 1.03 and I killed Prizak and I got "mission accomplished" but the game ends because of murder. Need to go into the map and have Prizak morally killable and not physically which is already fixed. Maybe metaphorically would work.

P.S. This game is driving me nuts.

mikupoiss
mikupoiss

Corporal

• Members
  • 62 posts

Posted 18 August 2009 - 17:55

WHAT? If I kill that guy, I fail the mission? ffs...

How many patches and hotfixes can one game have before being playable?
Intel Core2 DUO E8400 3000MHz @ 3600mhz | 4x 1GB (4GB) DDRII Over Clock Extreme Edition DDR2 800+ | Radeon HD 4870 GPU 512MB GDDR5

jezuro
jezuro

BI Developer

• 257 posts
  • LocationBrno, Czech republic

Posted 18 August 2009 - 20:32

Hi all!

New guy here and another new bug or maybe the original bug but could be a combination of old and new bug. When I tried the hotfix after 1.03 and I killed Prizak and I got "mission accomplished" but the game ends because of murder. Need to go into the map and have Prizak morally killable and not physically which is already fixed. Maybe metaphorically would work.

P.S. This game is driving me nuts.

Hi hondobob, are you sure it's Badlands you're talking about and it's Prizrak you're killing?

hondobob
hondobob

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 18 August 2009 - 21:34

Hi hondobob, are you sure it's Badlands you're talking about and it's Prizrak you're killing?

Yes.

Hold on! I just found out while writing this answer that I was able to accomplish the mission and have the game not end do to murder by "running" over Prizrak with the BRDM instead of shooting him. I checked it several times and it worked.

Also Team Razor will not follow my commands again. I had do the James Bond bit and slug it out in Stary Sobor for two hours.

"Shoot save die" is my battle cry.

Aceman_rus
Aceman_rus

Private First Class

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 18 August 2009 - 21:38

Thanks a lot Jezuro!