PboDll is the project name and the engine for Eliteness and the Dos Tools.
Eliteness is the application recommended for the user preferring the standard GUI interaction.
The DOS Tools offer great flexibility and power. They can be used via the windows cmd shell or shell extensions.
- Very fast and universal.
- Works for OFP, OFPE, ArmA I and ArmA II.
- Works on XP, Vista and Win7.
- Extract pbos, pack pbos.
- Transform configs, rvmat, mission.sqm file into the engine binary format (rapify)
and convert it from binary to human readable (deRapify).
- Can do different sorts of syntax and logic error (lint check).
- Extract the model.cfg from any p3d.
- Check the file format version of a file and output various useful basic information
(DeFXY, DeP3d, DePac, DeRtm, DeWrp).
- Rename file paths easily inside PBO, Wrp, P3d and rvmats. Very powerful tool.
Not to mention to handle well all the crazy user specific file system setups and preprocessor tweaks.
Here you can find all the currently available tools for download:
Who made it?
Largely coded by Mikero. Along with many excellent contributions by the community.
Mikero is well known for his long time community work at OFPEC and various projects.
He is also one of the major authors in the BIKI of the file format descriptions.
How can You contribute?
Here is another key aspect. Mikero is highly welcoming all types of contribution to the project.
The core idea of the DePbo module is to solve challenges once and share the functionality to anyone freely.
Even more coders are encouraged to check the c++ source, reviewing the code to improve it, suggest
new functionality or even became part of the project and help out in coding.
At the same time user feedback of all sorts is always very welcome.
Got a problem? Do not understand a detail? Want to suggest new functionality?
Feel free to visit the PboDll project site and share your thoughts and ideas.
Edited by .kju [PvPscene], 05 April 2014 - 19:58.