Sign in to follow this  
fer

F2 Mission Development Framework (BAS f for ArmA 2)

Did anything change in 1.03 or have you guys figured out how to synch it across all clients?

No relevant changes that I'm aware of. The conditions which are provided in the current release of F2 do work across clients in MP; it's only storm effects like rain and lightning that don't - and this those options are not available.

No relevant changes that I'm aware of. The conditions which are provided in the current release of F2 do work across clients in MP; it's only storm effects like rain and lightning that don't - and this those options are not available.

Yes, it's the storm and rain that I want. I tested a little last night but while it started raining for me, my buddy didn't see the rain until about 5 minutes later.

I guess it's still not working :(

Eth

Yes, it's the storm and rain that I want. I tested a little last night but while it started raining for me, my buddy didn't see the rain until about 5 minutes later.

Sorry, dude. You'll have to ask BI to fix that aspect of the game.

Sorry, dude. You'll have to ask BI to fix that aspect of the game.

Yah, I wasn't implying you should fix it. I just wondered if you had found a workaround but it looks like we will have to wait until 1.04 or beyond :(

Eth

Yes please, we'd be very interested to see it.

OK Fer, I send you a PM with a F2 strinftable.xml link to download it. ;)

2 things I noticed in f2:

1. It uses all 3 first aid modules, which is known to cause desync problems

2. onPlayerRespawnAsSeagull.sqs has sqf-style comments, which causes rpt errors

F2_logo_135x135.gif

New Release: v2-0-2

About the new release

From the ReadMe.txt file:

2-0-2 | 24 AUG 2009

Added Disable BIS Conversations component.

Replaced stringtable.csv with stringtable.xml.

Removed First Aid: Action pre-placed game logics from mission.sqm file (Preplaced Game Logics component).

Updated manual: Various changes (EN and RU versions).

About F2

The F2 Mission Development Framework (F2) is the successor to the popular BAS f mission development framework for ArmA (discussed in this thread). The new framework contains many of the features you know from BAS f, updated to work with ArmA 2, plus some new components which take advantage of the new game's special features.

For downloads and to find out more please see our online manual:

Huge thanks to all team members and contributors to F2 (and BAS f), as well as the testers from Shack Tactical.

* We're looking for a German translator, please PM Fer if interested.

---------- Post added at 12:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:53 AM ----------

Just some more thoughts to accompany the release of v2-0-2 (see OP):

OK Fer, I send you a PM with a F2 strinftable.xml link to download it. ;)

Thanks White Angel - your XML version has (in slightly modified form) been incorporated into v2-0-2 of F2. You'll find yourself in the credits too.

1. It uses all 3 first aid modules, which is known to cause desync problems

Correct; in the new version (v2-0-2) the First Aid: Action module has been removed, as an instance is automatically created by the First Aid: Simulation module. This should cut down on desynch issues. BTW - the desynch issue was flagged in the manual when v2-0-1 was released.

onPlayerRespawnAsSeagull.sqs has sqf-style comments, which causes rpt errors

Thanks - please can you PM me with a sample from you RPT file? We'll take a look and see what can be done.

Thanks - please can you PM me with a sample from you RPT file? We'll take a look and see what can be done.

Nice with the update!

And as for the quote above, just replace the double forward slashes with a semicolon, to make it:

onPlayerRespawnAsSeagul.sqs

; F2 - Kegetys Spectator Script
; Credits: Please see the F2 online manual (http://www.ferstaberinde.com/f2/en/)
; ====================================================================================
;
; Initialize spectating script when player dies:
_this execVM "f\common\f_spect\specta.sqf";

Quick and easy solution for people to sort themselves while waiting for the next release :)

Yep Thanks Inko,

We should find this already corrected in the today's v2-0-2 release.

Edited by ViperMaul

F2_logo_135x135.gif

New Release: v2-0-3

About the new release

From the ReadMe.txt file:

2-0-3 | 24 AUG 2009

Updated Kegetys Spectator Script component.

2-0-2 | 24 AUG 2009

Added Disable BIS Conversations component.

Replaced stringtable.csv with stringtable.xml.

Removed First Aid: Action pre-placed game logics from mission.sqm file (Preplaced Game Logics component).

Updated manual: Various changes (EN and RU versions).

About F2

The F2 Mission Development Framework (F2) is the successor to the popular BAS f mission development framework for ArmA (discussed in this thread). The new framework contains many of the features you know from BAS f, updated to work with ArmA 2, plus some new components which take advantage of the new game's special features.

For downloads and to find out more please see our online manual:

Huge thanks to all team members and contributors to F2 (and BAS f), as well as the testers from Shack Tactical.

* We're looking for a German translator, please PM Fer if interested.

Construction Interface Presets??? Nothing in wiki on this.

Also Automatic First Aid game logic. How does this work. Can we remove all the first aid game logics that are on the map? Or does this just handle respawning units?

Edited by gunterlund21

Construction Interface Presets??? Nothing in wiki on this.

Apologies. This is still in development. SHould have been removed from the init.sqf file; however, by default it's commented-out, so it shouldn't create any issues for you.

Also Automatic First Aid game logic. How does this work. Can we remove all the first aid game logics that are on the map? Or does this just handle respawning units?

The only GLs that are part of F2 right now are the ones listed in the Preplaced Game Logics component. These appear in the editor and apply to the units in the preplaced ShackTac platoons.

I'm in the making of a SP mission is F2 recommended, or it is specifically designed for creating MP missions?, in case it is a great platform for making SP missions too, which modules I can remove safely that will not be of any use for SP missions.

I'm in the making of a SP mission is F2 recommended, or it is specifically designed for creating MP missions?, in case it is a great platform for making SP missions too, which modules I can remove safely that will not be of any use for SP missions.

Although F2 was designed for MP mission development, there are many components which you might find useful for SP missions as well:

Core components

• Naming Your Mission
  • Respawn Settings
  • F2 Common Local Variables
  • Debug Mode (you'll need to use a trigger/radio/addAction to enable)
  • ShackTactical Platoons (used as AI groups)
  • ShackTactical Group IDs (if using ShackTactical Platoons for friendly AI groups)
  • ShackTactical Group Markers (if using ShackTactical Platoons for friendly AI groups)
  • ShackTactical Fireteam Member Markers (for the player's group)
  • ShackTactical Assign Gear Script
  • Preplaced Game Logics
  • Multiplayer Ending Controller (instead of ending triggers placed on the map)
  • Sample Markers
  • Briefing File Template
  • ReadMe File Template

Optional components

• Gear Snippets
  • Automatic Body Removal
  • Automatic Body Removal (FIFO)
  • Authorised Crew Check
  • Authorised Crew Type Check
  • Dynamic View Distance
  • Casualties Cap
  • Casualties Cap (Advanced)

Hope that helps.

What about having some automatic object removal? While at first it seems cool that stuff will remain forever, some respawn-based missions can simply result in way too much clutter (such as undetonated satchels, mines). Would also be useful for vehicles in missions where they don't get deleted upon respawn.

What about having some automatic object removal? While at first it seems cool that stuff will remain forever, some respawn-based missions can simply result in way too much clutter (such as undetonated satchels, mines). Would also be useful for vehicles in missions where they don't get deleted upon respawn.

That's a good suggestion. One of the challenges for me is that I never play missions with respawn, so it's a whole area of the game that I know little about. From a scripting perspective respawn brings its own challenges. If you yourself have some experience/skills in this area, perhaps you (or someone else reading this post) can consider submitting such a component for inclusion?

Nah, the reason I asked for it is because it's one of the things I have absolutely no clue about. Though if I knew how to spawn a script for every object I want to remove, it'd obviously be easy.

In coop I definitely prefer no respawns as well, but in PvP the game modes you can make with no respawns is very limited, and the one I did make (based on a successful no-respawn gametype from another game) had very few people showing interest in, so due to lack of feedback I can't really improve it.

Hi,

I have a question I'm using this formework whit my mission and the problem I have is that every time a unit dies/respawns the yellow fireteam markers are gone and will not show up or follow the unit. How can I make the marker to update it's position even if a unit is dead and respawns?

Hi,

I have a question I'm using this formework whit my mission and the problem I have is that every time a unit dies/respawns the yellow fireteam markers are gone and will not show up or follow the unit. How can I make the marker to update it's position even if a unit is dead and respawns?

Are you running a script to re-arm/equip players when they respawn?

yeah something like this:

while {true} do {
   waitUntil {!alive player};
   _weapons = weapons player;
   _magazines = magazines player;
   waitUntil {alive player};
   _p = player;
   removeAllItems _p;
   removeAllWeapons _p;
   {_p addMagazine _x} forEach _magazines;
   {_p addWeapon _x} forEach _weapons;
   _primw = primaryWeapon _p;
   if (_primw != "") then {
       _p selectWeapon _primw;
       // Fix for weapons with grenade launcher
       _muzzles = getArray(configFile>>"cfgWeapons" >> _primw >> "muzzles");
       _p selectWeapon (_muzzles select 0);
   };
};

Why aren't you saving the weapons and magazines in global variables so that you can actually save them at the weapon box* and thus not have to run to the box every time you spawn (which is the entire point of having such a script)?

_ammobox addAction ["Save Loadout" ,"saveLoadout.sqf", ["SAVE"] ,1,false,true,""];

// saveLoadout.sqf
magazines = magazines player;
weapons = weapons player;

You're gonna end up having to run loadLoadout.sqf every respawn anyway. Basically what that's doing is saving the weapons you had when you died and giving them back when you respawn.

I used a similar code, but took the Evolution method of checking for the "check gear" animation state to save the weapon loadout and just run the load script when you respawn. That way there's no 'save loadout' action taking up space on your action menu all the time when you basically only need it once.

It doesn't take space all the time, it's added to the ammo box so it's only visible when you're arming at the start. That way you also can't save loadout with enemy weapons (unless you travel all the way back to the base with it). The whole point of saving loadout is to save you from having to use the ammo box every time you respawn. Saving weapons when you die does not achieve that goal.

That's how it's done in AAS and the newest domination version, and for me and many others is the favorite method of saving loadouts.

@ Garbol87

You can restart the ShackTacticla Fireteam Member Markers component by putting this line into whatever script you run after a player has respawned:

null = [] execVM "f\common\ShackTac_setlocalFTMemberMarkers.sqf";

When the player respawns, is he going to be part of the orginal group, alone, or in a new group? It's best to restart the component when he is safely in a new group (or else all that he'll see is a single marker for himself).