• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic
Da Bomb
Da Bomb

Private First Class

• Members
  • 37 posts

Posted 25 July 2009 - 09:29

Note: you must follow this walkthrough EXACTLY if you want to complete all the objectives.

Spoiler

I hope this helps. I'm sorry if it's too complicated, and if you encounter any bugs/snags this may not work!

Edited by Da Bomb, 02 August 2009 - 07:52.
lulz

jayb
jayb

Rookie

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 27 July 2009 - 03:40

I chose to grab the folder at the castle after talking with Dressler, then for a change of pace headed over to the quarry. After killing the 3 baddies at the quarry I hunted around for the dogtags for a while and intended to head off for the photos after that.

As I was searching for the dogtags Bardak came screaming in there in a 4 x 4 of some kind and pulled up. He ran around in circles for a moment and then I got the cut scene followed by mission end.

Da Bomb
Da Bomb

Private First Class

• Members
  • 37 posts

Posted 27 July 2009 - 04:16

I chose to grab the folder at the castle after talking with Dressler, then for a change of pace headed over to the quarry. After killing the 3 baddies at the quarry I hunted around for the dogtags for a while and intended to head off for the photos after that.

As I was searching for the dogtags Bardak came screaming in there in a 4 x 4 of some kind and pulled up. He ran around in circles for a moment and then I got the cut scene followed by mission end.

Yup. This is to be expected. As I stated before, he turns up at the three evidence spots, so if you go out of order (Like you said you did) then he may turn up early.

Lich342
Lich342

Private

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 01 August 2009 - 03:32

I went in order and he showed up early. Its just unlucky I guess. Anyways thanks for the guide!

Da Bomb
Da Bomb

Private First Class

• Members
  • 37 posts

Posted 02 August 2009 - 07:55

I went in order and he showed up early. Its just unlucky I guess. Anyways thanks for the guide!

Yeah sorry. You need to move really quickly without any hinderance at all. Otherwise, you'll most likely run into Bardak. The game actually tries to help you find him.

knicked
knicked

Private First Class

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 02 August 2009 - 16:16

Were is the quarry

Da Bomb
Da Bomb

Private First Class

• Members
  • 37 posts

Posted 02 August 2009 - 16:32

Were is the quarry

I don't remember the name of the town, but Dressler mentions Lopotev's hometown when you talk to him. Zoom in a bit on the town and look just to the left. You should see the quarry.

eJay
eJay

Staff Sergeant

• Members
  • 394 posts

Posted 02 August 2009 - 16:59

There's no real 100% percent that Bardak will be in quarry. IMO you have few paths to catch him:

- Dressler marked places (Bardak could be in northern camp)
- Vyshnoye known from Miles execution
- Tomas Marny info about Olegich (Elektrozavodsk or quarry near Solnichny)

Follow a one path (step by step) and you should catch him at the end.
http://WWW.GRY-ONLINE.PL - my journalist cave
http://gameplay.pl/eJay - my hobby

Da Bomb
Da Bomb

Private First Class

• Members
  • 37 posts

Posted 02 August 2009 - 17:10

There's no real 100% percent that Bardak will be in quarry. IMO you have few paths to catch him:

- Dressler marked places (Bardak could be in northern camp)
- Vyshnoye known from Miles execution
- Tomas Marny info about Olegich (Elektrozavodsk or quarry near Solnichny)

Follow a one path (step by step) and you should catch him at the end.

Did you read the thread?

eJay
eJay

Staff Sergeant

• Members
  • 394 posts

Posted 02 August 2009 - 17:42

Yep, I read and there's a lot posts saying "He's in quarry". It's bullsh... In my scenario he was in Chedaki camp.
http://WWW.GRY-ONLINE.PL - my journalist cave
http://gameplay.pl/eJay - my hobby

SAbre4809
SAbre4809

Staff Sergeant

• Members
  • 299 posts

Posted 02 August 2009 - 20:01

In the docs you get from Marney it talks about how he founded the Solnichey Quarry Union or something, thats the link.

MG92
MG92

Private First Class

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 05 August 2009 - 12:06

hmm, iive been playing the mission for allmoste two days now and yet no trace of him, ive tryed the guide and ive tryed running looking for him by listening to people, but all i can finde is his car, the closest i got to him is when he ran us all over last night outside of the powerplant, but after that its impossible to finde him, no matter what i do....:(

McDee
McDee

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 20 August 2009 - 07:32

I followed the OP's plan, but when I got to Gorka I was waiting for 15 min and nothing happened, so I reloaded my save point and instead of going straight to Gorka I want to see Olegich (sp?) and helped him out 1st, just as I killed the last enemy I got the "you have 20 min blah blah" and headed back, waited about 2-5 min game time (about 30 sec since I had it on 4x) and shot a tire out then got him.

One thing I did which saved me time in the mission is as soon as I got out of the chopper I assigned him a new waypoint a little farther away so I wouldn't have to wait for the chopper to return.

Rekrul
Rekrul

Master Sergeant

• Members
  • 755 posts

Posted 20 August 2009 - 14:23

This is one that has always worked for me: http://forums.bistud...76&postcount=71

ARM505
ARM505

Private First Class

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 21 August 2009 - 10:23

Played this one as best I could a couple of times now, this guy's invisible - I never see him, anywhere, no matter what.

OODA
OODA

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 30 August 2009 - 15:21

This mission's all about timing. This method has always worked for me:
Spoiler

WhoCares
WhoCares

Sergeant Major

• Members
  • 1517 posts

Posted 01 September 2009 - 09:28

After talking to Dressler and Marny I
  • went to the Power Plant,
  • then the Quarry (Tip here: as ordering others to pick up the Dogtags didn't work for me, I temporarily switched the Terrain Detail to Very Low - makes searching on the ground so much easier :P)
  • Vyshnoje (SP?)
  • the northern camp
  • helped Olengich (I was actually waiting for the 20mins warning and thought I might just as well do so fighting...)
And here I was quite surprised as I shot a last enemy in the woods to the north, when suddenly a message told me that I just shot Bardak :eek:

Another option while shuttleing around with the chopper - if you are somewhere just to pick something up or for a chat (Dressler, Plant, Vyshnoje) you can just leave your men in the chopper and it will stay put.

If you are scared of the Shilka up north you can use the UAV at the start of the mission to kill it with a Hellfire. That should make travelling with the more save. However, when I travelled north of Gorka I got shot down by a missle (most likely some MANPAD).

Edited by WhoCares, 01 September 2009 - 09:33.

The opposite of a correct statement is a false statement.
But the opposite of a profound truth may well be another profound truth.
Niels Bohr

i7 920 @3.7GHz, OCZ 3x2GB DDR3 7-7-7 1600 @740/1480MHz, MSI X58 Pro-E,
Sapphire Radeon HD7850 2GB @1020/1200MHz, Creative X-Fi Music, Windows 7 Home Premium
640GB WD Caviar Blue and 250GB Samsung SATA2 HDDs, 1xSATA DVD RW, 1x IDE DVD ROM
Antec 750W (3.3V+5V 170W max., 4x12V 25A, with 62A max. combined), A+case CS-188AF
Samsung 2343BW 2048x1152, Logitech G5 Refresh Mouse, Cherry CyMotion Expert Keyboard

fisher
fisher

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 02 September 2009 - 21:23

this is ridiculous.

i spent the last 5 hours maybe trying to finish this quest and i probably have to start over AGAIN.

i followed the instructions of the first post and also visited the other two X's and i still got no 20min message.

i managed to do it the first time and i didn't even make everything you people say, i just visited the 3 X's with a freaking hummer. i then started over because i can't track 3-4 roads leading north and of course couldn't see any car moving north with the huey. and OF COURSE i can't go back because of the save system.

any advices at all? it's really frustrating, i don't care about fair play, i'll cheat if i have to to get past this. i want the shortest, least complete way to finish this, step by step if possible with save advices before places it may bug or something.

also don't tell me to read the thread, for i already tried the instructions of another post and again it failed. it's not like the way the game is played makes it easy for you to try again and again.

Mitchell Tyner
Mitchell Tyner

Private

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 13 October 2009 - 15:10

Yep followed the instructions in this thread. Got all 3 "evidence" then went to the road south of Gorka... at ~12:20pm got the 20 min. thing. had time set to 4x and waited... waited... waited... 2:00pm still no car and still no mission end... what is wrong with this mission???

Joona
Joona

Corporal

• Members
  • 65 posts

Posted 13 October 2009 - 16:43

First time when I complated the mission was when I found Bardak at the Quarry. Second time Bardak died somehow when I was trying to find some info at base.