Sign in to follow this  
SimonSIx

ATI Catalyst 9.7 is here

it has , ABSOLUTLY, nothing to do with ATI drivers. it's bohemia piece ! stop dreaming :rolleyes:

Why so snappy, simple question I was asking those that installed the 9.7 drivers.

So I guess by your answer you know where the problem is then, exactly? you have seen the BIS code that produces this problem, that is excellent news thanks for your input.

Why so snappy, simple question I was asking those that installed the 9.7 drivers.

So I guess by your answer you know where the problem is then, exactly? you have seen the BIS code that produces this problem, that is excellent news thanks for your input.

putting crossfire on makes the recieving thing happen much more often for me. - im also pretty sure its a BIS bug.

We all know/think it's BIS to solve the poor performance problem. (I think so)

but, Ati/Nvidia can look for the solution together with BIS

Edited by SimonSIx

The leaked cat 9.7 driver has made absolutely no difference to my game performance - I still cannot get crossfire to work. I have tried Windows7 64bit and have now re-installed Vista 32bit... no improvement, both still give identical FPS, regardless of whether I have crossfire turned on or not. I guess I will try WinXP next. :rolleyes:

I'm running 4870X2 on Win 7 64-bit and the WHQL Catalyst 9.7 drivers did fix the crossfire problem for me. No more need for -winxp and got a small boost in fps too.

Download WHQL drivers here:

2k/XP x86&x64 drivers download (8.631):

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=L8AIWSOP

Vista/7 x86&x64 (8.630) :

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=COO6B3QC

Source: http://www.ngohq.com/graphic-cards/16147-catalyst-9-7-whql-for-2k-xp-and-vista-7-a.html

I have the 'feeling' my game is a bit more stable now but in ArmA mark I just scored a bit lower around 50-60 points less so nothing much noticeable has happend to the FPS.

I haven't noticed any changes , still have the receiving problem and massive artifacts.

I guess my only hope is in patch 1.03.

I don't see any improvement with this driver on WinXP64bit. However I have surprisingly found out that the time of loading hi-res textures has been shorten noticeably when I am using 9.7 on W7-64bit!

I have the 'feeling' my game is a bit more stable now but in ArmA mark I just scored a bit lower around 50-60 points less so nothing much noticeable has happend to the FPS.

Mine also scoed less in 3Dmark but i think it's because the driver is unofficial

First of all you need Driver Sweeper.

you can download it here:

http://downloads.guru3d.com/Guru3D---Driver-Sweeper-(Setup)_d1655.html

Install this app.

Than use this order:

1.Uninstall the curent CCC DRIVER.

2.Restart the computer to Safe Mode

3.Run Driver Sweeper and clean ATI driver

4.Restart the computer

5.Install ATI CCC 9.7

6.Reboot

7.You're good to go

The beta patch DRAMATICALLY increased my gaming performance. I went from roughly 18-24 fps to a extremely stead 30+. I'm ALWAYS above 30fps, even in heavy combat zones in MP, and 45-50 when i'm running through forests ect...w/no action. Pretty incredible improvement from one patch. I'm pretty sure i had crossfire enabled before the patch, i had a program that force enabled it, another program designed to force enable it just for Arma II, and used the -winxp command, i just think this patch optimizes ati video cards for the game much more.

As far as the retreiving screen taking over the game, I did fix that by changing my page memory settings in windows. Somehow mine was set to "none", i set it to double my ram (as most of you should as long as you have 2-3gb of ram). That fixed that problem...

just out of curiosity, how long after the beta drivers are 'leaked' does the official new catalyst usually get released?

just out of curiosity, how long after the beta drivers are 'leaked' does the official new catalyst usually get released?

A couple of weeks.

As far as the retreiving screen taking over the game, I did fix that by changing my page memory settings in windows. Somehow mine was set to "none", i set it to double my ram (as most of you should as long as you have 2-3gb of ram). That fixed that problem...

I did that and it change nothing (i have 4GB ram and win7 64bit)

I only see 9.6...am i blind ?

i know, they haven't updated the title yet but the file is 9.7.

It's only for win 7 64 so far.

Edited by InFireBaptize

Same version as the ones that got 'leaked' a couple of weeks ago ?

no idea man, i would say it should be finalized and more stable. The funny thing is only the full catalyst driver for win 7 64 is available.

---------- Post added at 09:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:09 PM ----------

i notice performance increase, my settings used to be normal/off now i don't have off at all, i have normal/high on some settings and i have experienced no lag so far.

They only improved performance for Crysis and Lost Planet Colonies

Edited by InFireBaptize

Win7/Vista 32/64bit is only available now and XP came tomorrow :bounce3:

Catalyst Maker

* Catalyst 9.7 for Vista and Win 7 are out now somewhere on game.amd.com ;-) Full updates coming tomorrow for XP and driver selector pages

I have had Nvidia gfx cards and now i have a radeon 4850.. if these drivers does improve performance then thats great but i have to give it to the guys at nvidia.. they are 10x quicker with releasing new drivers that improves performance with a lot of games.

* Im switching to Windows 7 when it releases in october and if i plan on sticking with ATI at least i know that by the time it comes, hopefully another driver comes and improves the performance in the OS unlike vista.. what a horrible start.

Edited by mercenar1e

I have had Nvidia gfx cards and now i have a radeon 4850.. if these drivers does improve performance then thats great but i have to give it to the guys at nvidia.. they are 10x quicker with releasing new drivers that improves performance with a lot of games.

Is that why nVidia cards cost more?

Is that why nVidia cards cost more?

I don't know, maybe.. but its well worth the price, at least to me. The user interface of Nvidia cards are much more sleeker looking then ATI and most devs have partnerships with Nvidia so they start on drivers of games during the end of development way before release.

Edited by mercenar1e