Sign in to follow this  
nuggetz

182.50 Driver for Windows 7 64bit?

I read that the dev's tested ARMA with this driver but is it available for Windows 7 64bit or just XP? I was going to give it a try..

I read that the dev's tested ARMA with this driver but is it available for Windows 7 64bit or just XP? I was going to give it a try..

The Vista 64 one is also Win 7.

Eth

Stay away from 186.xx in Win 7 64. They are plagued with problems (and not just with A2).

Eth

Stay away from 186.xx in Win 7 64. They are plagued with problems (and not just with A2).

Eth

Actually I've had the best experience with the 186.x drivers on my GTX260 SLI computer. Tried the 182.50 based on comments on the forum, but lost FPS compared to the later drivers. This being on Win7 64.

Actually I've had the best experience with the 186.x drivers on my GTX260 SLI computer. Tried the 182.50 based on comments on the forum, but lost FPS compared to the later drivers. This being on Win7 64.

How much RAM do you have? The main problem with any NVIDIA driver later than 182.50 is that, if the computer has 8GB of RAM on Core 2 and maybe AMD Phenom systems, video memory detection is screwed up. I think there are people with 6GB of RAM with Core i7 systems that get this bug too.

I have 8 GB, but if I use the older driver, do I still have to limit the amount of RAM I boot with as I'm doing now?

I have 8 GB, but if I use the older driver, do I still have to limit the amount of RAM I boot with as I'm doing now?

With 182.50 you do NOT have to limit the RAM.

Eth

With 182.50 you do NOT have to limit the RAM.

Eth

I experienced that I did have the problem with 182.50, but 181.17 solved it for me.

So, nuggetz, you might want to try both of these to solve your problem :)

How much RAM do you have? The main problem with any NVIDIA driver later than 182.50 is that, if the computer has 8GB of RAM on Core 2 and maybe AMD Phenom systems, video memory detection is screwed up. I think there are people with 6GB of RAM with Core i7 systems that get this bug too.

I've got 4Gig of RAM, but I've never experienced the same video memory mis-detecting issues that a lot of the guys here have gotten. It seems to run a little better with the -maxmem switch, so I leave that in there for now, but without it, it doesn't cause any problems.

I experienced that I did have the problem with 182.50, but 181.17 solved it for me.

So, nuggetz, you might want to try both of these to solve your problem :)

I tried 182.50s but the FPS was worse than 186.18. I just re-installed 186.18 and limited my system again in msconfig.

---------- Post added at 10:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:24 PM ----------

I've got 4Gig of RAM, but I've never experienced the same video memory mis-detecting issues that a lot of the guys here have gotten. It seems to run a little better with the -maxmem switch, so I leave that in there for now, but without it, it doesn't cause any problems.

The problem with the new driver and 8GB of ram is texture corruption. Not sure if that's the mis-detection symptom or not. I haven't really paid too much attention to the memory detected in the config files mostly because I've read that you can't change them as A2 just overwrites them or just detects incorrectly and uses what it detects irregardless of what's in the file.