Sign in to follow this  
S!fkaIaC

Is BIS looking after the "receiving..." issue?

Bloody fix this dammit.

Receiving......

Receiving fuck all but annoyance in multiplayer with this crap bug which was supposedly fixed. What a joke, this is actually worse than before.

Shoddy work and shoddier patches, someone needs a slap and a p45.

The other bugs I can put up with but not being able to play online is laughable.

Yeah this is a big problem, any updates on how fixes may be going?

I have been using arma 2 with two 8800's in sli, i never got the black receiving error but it would freeze every now and then, i got rid of sli and bought a single NVIDIA geforce GTX 260 and now im getting the black screen with receiving everytime i play online.

Im on Patch 1.03, latest NVIDIA drivers, disabled Physx, and removed all mods i had, same error.

cant wait for a fix...............................

Anything? did anyone have a radical idea to try? have BIS said this will be addressed in next patch?

I buy ArmedAssault purely for multiplayer, the single player campaign is terrible. You cant enjoy it without being shouted at to kill this target or that one, jeez just leave me alone! So its been three days now since i posted and i have nothing to try, im not smart enough to come up with options on my own!

After not being able to join any multiplayer game, on a whim I decided to down my video memory from "very high" to "normal" and my 3D resolution to be a mere 50% of my screen's native resolution.

That allowed me to get into a multiplayer game where I repeatedly could not before. Sadly it did not seem to last forever and I'm back in the multiplayer-less wilderness again.

At first I didn't have this receiving bug in my MP games. Then I changed some graphic settings, also in the nvidia control panel, and there was this annoying receiving bug. I changed the settings back and forward, but this bug was still there. At most time it occured in Warfare games, when I was ready to attack the enemy. In other game types it did not show so often its desastrous effect.

After a while I changed everything back to standard ( and window mode for Arma2) and from then on then bug was completely vanished. Sometimes I have a short receiving screen, but it is all fine now.

I am now getting this Receiving bug in 1.04, I've never had it before. Anyone else having this new?

me nazul

prior to 1.04 this receiving bug didnt happen to me,but today when i played for like 45 mins of arma2,it happened 3-4 times

edit: i was playing steam version of arma2

My receiving bug issue was fixed with 1.03, but today after updating my STEAM copy of the game to 1.04, I was greeted once again with this awful bug.

Seems there is not many of us with it new. Im going to give this game a break for a few months anyway. interest is on the decline, its just not very fluid and working smoothly . One day it will be ok, next is bug massacre. I want to love it but its not loving me.

I had it all the time on XP. Changed to Windows 7, and haven't had it a single time yet... I just hope it will never show its ugly face in my system again.

Lets re-animate an "old thread"

I recently replaced my roasted -and problematic-GTX280 (witch i had no "receiving"at least problems ) with a 5970 (powa on the go) and

i first met the "receiving" random pause in game for 5-10 seconds.

Its seems that putting "Video memory" to "normal" causes no issue (played for 1 hour)..but ruins the "visual".

So...

Any suggestion/progress??

*i m using the latest (10.9) drivers/but i had the same issue with older ones..

Edited by GiorgyGR

I think you got the idea on this thread for subject matter but my hunches tell me that the

rules say otherwise, tell me if Im wrong please but I'll post it anyways for now.

§10) Do not dig up old threads

Threads older than 4 months should not be dug up unless something significant is being added.

If in doubt as to what is "significant", contact a moderator and they will give you their opinion.

As always old threads will remain open or be closed at the moderator's discretion. Digging up an old

thread simply to ask "any news" is also not acceptable, PM the thread starter or mod leader to ask.

As it is obvious the last post in this thread here is from

12-09-2009 03:00 PM it is October 2010.

As it seems Gunter..you are right (eer.. you are a moderator here

or something?..)-but i find most appropriate

to post my problem in a "existing" thread about that-and NOT

open a "new" thread for the same matter..

With "your" POV..after 10 months BI forums will have 10 threads

regarding the "receiving issue".

Well not a moderator, I probably could pass for one but I'm Just doing my part to help out the community,

as I been in the series since it started,so I figured since i know a few things I can help.

Anyways like i said in my other post I was kinda of up in the air about saying what I said as this thread would

be still useful with folks with issues, it is still digging up an old thread, but I suppose if the issue is fairly important

and adds to the subject that can possibly help others get a better insight then so be it.

"your" POV..after 10 months BI forums will have 10 threads

regarding the "receiving issue".

Good point, as for your issue, do you only get it on one server, or all servers you try

Only answers I can give you to your issue is, there is one answer from Arma and this probably

wont aply to what your playing but if anythig it should at least give you an insight to what is possibly happening:

"Receiving Mission File" dialog hangs while no mission downloads

When joining a multiplayer game, you can view and join servers but upon connection,

the MP dialog hangs at "Receiving Mission File (0kb / 0kb)". This dialog will not move or update.

Solution

Your software or hardware firewall is blocking the ports ArmA uses to update your game files.

Try disconnecting your router and plugging your cable/dsl modem directly into your PC.

(Be sure to start Windows Firewall to continue protection if you do this) If you have a software firewall,

make sure that ArmA is "Enabled" or "Unblocked" in your profiles of accepted connections.

If you find that it's your router blocking the ports, you'll need to open UDP ports 2302-2305

for the game to function with a router.

The other point as you can see earlier in this thread Kju gave a link to

Bug tracker, for this particular issue:

http://dev-heaven.net/issues/show/2294

I would suggest maybe reviewing that and see what you can figure out.

Last but not least, i would play around with your settings and see what works and what doesn't.

You said before that the problem or it dont happen when you have video settings on normal,

but the game dont look to great, well if the bug is consistant, then maybe that can be your optyion to play on normal.

Me I play on all low settings and am used to it, but only because I have a nvidia gtx 260 card,

going with higher settings just makes the game slow.

if theres a will theres a way. Hope that helps.