Sign in to follow this  
S!fkaIaC

Is BIS looking after the "receiving..." issue?

Key is

Cannot create video memory surface DXT5,32x32 (size 1360 B), Error 8007000e

Error: Failed to create surface texture (ca\structures\house\housev\data\housev_3i4_addons_nohq.paa:4)

*** Device reset recovery requested

ppl who have that receiving screen...when you see this bug -> quit, check ArmA2.RTP file and post here last few lines

moderator why you ally threads receiveng bug and fade bug? its not a seme we already discus aboutit. if posts loose problem solve?

after putch new error in single

Error: 80004005 in D3DXCompileShader while compiling the PSSSSMSpecularAlpha:1 pixel shader (w:\c\poseidon\lib\d3d9\ShaderSources_3_0\PSBasicSSSM.hlsl)

error X3501: 'PSSSSMSpecularAlpha': entrypoint not found

ErrorMessage: Error compiling pixel shader PSSSSMSpecularAlpha:1

Edited by Arma [North]

Log the temps of your gfx-card during gameplay and post'em, pls.

Also, the gfx-cards' fan load could be helpful - during gameplay ofc.

Not over 83°C (36°c in the room), with fan at 100%, 15°C less than the same test with Arma I, and with the first, no problem at all :/

Pretty sure that's not a temp problem...

I can't find any arma2.rtp file ...

Edited by Atomouss

I can't find any arma2.rtp file ...

C:\Documents and Settings\UserName\Local Settings\Application Data\ArmA 2\arma2.RPT

It is for WinXP. Likely same in vista.

So :

"

Cannot create video memory surface DXT5,16x16 (size 336 B), Error 8007000e

Error: Failed to create surface texture (ca\uifonts\data\fonts\etelkanarrowmediumpro46-04.paa:4)

Cannot create video memory surface DXT5,32x8 (size 320 B), Error 8007000e

Error: Failed to create surface texture (ca\ui\data\ui_button_main_disabled_ca.paa:3)

Cannot create video memory surface DXT5,64x32 (size 2720 B), Error 8007000e

Error: Failed to create surface texture (ca\uifonts\data\fonts\etelkanarrowmediumpro46-01.paa:4)

Cannot create video memory surface DXT5,16x8 (size 160 B), Error 8007000e

Error: Failed to create surface texture (ca\uifonts\data\fonts\etelkanarrowmediumpro46-02.paa:6)

Error: Failed to create surface texture (ca\uifonts\data\fonts\etelkanarrowmediumpro46-03.paa:5)

Error: Failed to create surface texture (ca\uifonts\data\fonts\etelkanarrowmediumpro46-04.paa:4)

Cannot create video memory surface DXT5,32x8 (size 320 B), Error 8007000e"

Etc, etc...

the patch didnt solve the black screen for me.....i dont know what to do

;1394693']moderator why you ally threads receiveng bug and fade bug? its not a seme we already discus aboutit. if posts loose problem solve?

You posted nothing to show it was a different issue.

I'm getting the Receiving bug all the time now. Most of the time it comes when I go in or out of scope or iron sight.

Have not been able to finish a single MP game yet because of this extremely annoying bug. Three games broke down tonight. Really disappointed. Wasn't this bug supposed to be fixed in 1.03? It even said so in the change log.

I too can confirm that 1.03 does not improve the issue.

Tried my first 1.03 MP mission today and within 30 secs - 1min of joining had the bug, only way to break out was alt-f4 (or could have alt-tabbed out and killed arma2). I had previously thought that a well timed flush command could recover but i was wrong.

experiencing the same error as everyone else in the rpt file.

Its very dissapointing, i would propose that before thinking about any more fixes to any part of the game you should resolve this problem.

People can play with bad AI drivers, people can play with flickering LOD's and they can even play with the low FPS generated by architecture.

We however can not play with an issue that forces us to forcibly terminate arma2.exe.

(and its a damn shame)

I dont often see this in the editor, where i spend most of my time, but every so often fps starts to crunch and the display quickly resets itself (the desired effect i presume?). I can pre-empt this sometimes if i remember to flush every 5-mins or so. I have seen this problem in arma before, it wasnt as bad and it seemed to stop around the time i was using 1.14. I used to get the receiving screen flickering but it did recover however after the first time it became more frequent untill arma CTD'd (no error) and left my windows desktop at 640x480 8-bit colours. Shutdown/restart was all i could do after that.

Could you throw us a bone on this one:

Forgive me for being naive but why does arma2 need to reset the GPU?

Do you even know where the issue lies (GPU/DRIVER/CODE)?

Are you working on a real fix?

If anybody responds...Thankyou.

I agree.

Third time I ask, as so many other customers.

We need official answers about it !

We would accept an hotfix as an official answer...

now i have the receiving screen direct after joining a server....

i can not play online! anymore....this game becomes useless for me.

performance in the campaign wit patch 1.03 is better now but the receiving screen appears more often then before.....

that is an absolute damn shit..............

q6700 today @stock

gf8800gts 320mb (textures to low/mid all playable)

4gb ram (tested)

win xp 32 sp3 (new install for ARMA2)

NVdriver 182.50 (tried all the others)

tacens 720W PSU

CPU temperature all fine never higher then 51C

GPU temperature all fine idle 46C/load 61C

Gamesettings all Medium/AA off/viewdistance 2500

no postFX

Hi. i get receiving screen to. in most of the hold servers. in CTF server don't get it.

I start to do a list of servers.

On hold servers. when i get the black receiving screen i try various solution.

1.Pressing M, to load the map. and then return to the game.

2. Start type minuscule and capital letter on chat box,

3. and pressing "-" + "Esc" to open the chat box al closed several times and wait to be back on the Game

One of these 3 option work for me. but not all works for one server. and in some server dosent worck at all. i have to go for "alt + F4" to shutdown the Game and reconnect.

I hope these work for U.

I agree to ( We would accept an hotfix as an official answer... )

This issue needs to be looked at ASAP.

I had NO problems before 1.03 and now suddenly the game is unplayable, not to mention i persuaded my clan mates to purchase the game and now most of them cannot even get into a server because of the "Receiving" bug.

Bohemia. give us some feedback.

Any fix for the random CTDs????? this is the only issue I am having with ARMA II. It is wierd because it just crashes to desktop in a fraction of a second and when i check task manager there are no applications running but the ARMA2.exe is still a running processes... I have seen up to 3 Processes running at the same time becasue I forgot to end them after a fee CTDs......all in all the game IS running better for me after 1.03

I'm getting the

"Cannot create video memory surface DXT1,16x16 (size 336 B), Error 8007000e" etc. etc. error in my rtp file.

Says receiving.. for ever.

I have Q9550, 4gb ram, win Xp, GF8800GTS with latest drivers.

This problem was solved on 1.02 after updating my hardware to my current rig. It came back in 1.03 and it happens in every single MP game a play.

Strange since this bug was specifically addressed in this patch.

I am also STILL getting the black receiving screen occasionally in patch 1.03. I thought this had been fixed? It couldn't have, as i and others are still getting it. :confused:

Problem was solved for me when I installed Windows 7 x64. On Win7 x86(32) bug exist.

Have anyone "receiving" bug on 64 bit operation system?

LOL i didnt get the recieving screen of "thanks for your money sucker" untill patch 1.03 was installed. If anything this patch has created more bugs then it has addressed - well on my rig anyway.

Finally fixed the CTD's after days of testing and now this.

Im going to take a crap in one hand and wish in the other. See wich one comes first.

I too can confirm that 1.03 does not improve the issue.

Tried my first 1.03 MP mission today and within 30 secs - 1min of joining had the bug, only way to break out was alt-f4 (or could have alt-tabbed out and killed arma2). I had previously thought that a well timed flush command could recover but i was wrong.

experiencing the same error as everyone else in the rpt file.

Its very dissapointing, i would propose that before thinking about any more fixes to any part of the game you should resolve this problem.

People can play with bad AI drivers, people can play with flickering LOD's and they can even play with the low FPS generated by architecture.

We however can not play with an issue that forces us to forcibly terminate arma2.exe.

(and its a damn shame)

I dont often see this in the editor, where i spend most of my time, but every so often fps starts to crunch and the display quickly resets itself (the desired effect i presume?). I can pre-empt this sometimes if i remember to flush every 5-mins or so. I have seen this problem in arma before, it wasnt as bad and it seemed to stop around the time i was using 1.14. I used to get the receiving screen flickering but it did recover however after the first time it became more frequent untill arma CTD'd (no error) and left my windows desktop at 640x480 8-bit colours. Shutdown/restart was all i could do after that.

Could you throw us a bone on this one:

Forgive me for being naive but why does arma2 need to reset the GPU?

Do you even know where the issue lies (GPU/DRIVER/CODE)?

Are you working on a real fix?

If anybody responds...Thankyou.

---------- Post added at 12:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:00 PM ----------

Im beginning to wonder if some of these bugs may be related to steam software.

Can anyone without a steam version confirm this is happening to them.

Its not Nvidia or ATI. or any hardcore rig config.

Imagine Arma 2 is an aeroplane and ATI was the passenger. If arma 2 crashed and killed ATI. Would you blame the aeroplane for bad performance or blame the passenger for being to fat ??

---------- Post added at 01:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:30 PM ----------

Ok i found a temp fix to the recieving screen. Might not work for everyone but its worth a shot.

Try deleting your Arma2.cfg under user documents\Arma 2

Run the game and set video memory to normal or high.

Works for me so far. Ive tested for 2 hours without the screen. Hope this helps.

It does not have anything to do with Steam. I have the DVD version and I have massive problems with this.

i have the download version from metaboli and have this problem since the first day of arma2....

i thought it is securom related but it seems that it isnt (?)

i hope ofp2 is playable more then 30minutes then i will give it a try

sad enough...

They said this problem was fixed with 1.03 but it was not... since I am still getting it.

Fogged screen with endless "receiving..."

Imagine Arma 2 is an aeroplane and ATI was the passenger. If arma 2 crashed and killed ATI. Would you blame the aeroplane for bad performance or blame the passenger for being to fat ??

hardware == plane's airframe

OS == plane electronics and all related to controls

drivers == engines

game == pilot

users == passengers ...

if one of the first four fails ... last one dies no matter what

now imagine plane crash and first You must investigate what is 'really' cause :)

was it error of pilot or something else ?