Noob - How do you carry / drag someone?

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic
ProVega
ProVega

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 04 July 2009 - 19:14

Basic training says to "lift" the person, but I don't see a lift, drag or carry key anywhere.

Gonzo89
Gonzo89

Private First Class

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 04 July 2009 - 19:20

Click the middle mouse button on the soldier, scroll down and middle mouse 'Drag' or 'Carry'. Same for first aid.

madmaker
madmaker

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 23:20

middle mouse wheels not doing anything...

spets15
spets15

First Sergeant

• Members
  • 975 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 23:25

im not sure if vanilla have that feature, ACE2 does

gotrek
gotrek

Private First Class

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 23:31

It's in the A2 and OA tutorial, go to the wounded person, scroll down with middle mouse button. then drag or 1st aid dialog options appear on your left . click drag, and then the option to carry should appear.

smurf
smurf

Chief Warrant Officer

• Members
  • 3671 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 23:32

The mission have to have the "First Aid"s modules active to drag\carry people around. And he must be heavily injured to do so.

gotrek
gotrek

Private First Class

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 23:46

Also it can be deactivated for mission purpose , for example to simulate a guy too heavily wounded to be carried and so on, same goes for healing...geez why do I know all his stuff already?

jakerod
jakerod

CWR² Developer

• Members
  • 4433 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 00:56

If middle mouse button doesn't work try [ and ] although I haven't used the menu that way in a long time so those may not be the right buttons I suppose.
“[…] today's high tech wars don't seem to have as much potential for a good game as the conventional infantry / armour / aircraft war has. No other period offers such a huge selection of military equipment […]” -Marek Spanel, on the topic of the Cold War in video games

The Green Sea Expansion Project

160thSOAR
160thSOAR

Staff Sergeant

• Members
  • 227 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 01:17

Yes, it is the "[" and "]" keys to scroll around the menu, and "Enter" to select.

I'm not sure why the drag keys wouldn't be working. Here are a few reasons though:
1. The person is not heavily wounded enough. Only badly wounded players can be dragged, although lightly wounded players can be healed.
2. You may not be close enough. If you can see the "Heal" action, though, you are close enough to drag the person.
3. It is disabled in the mission.
4. It is a temporary glitch. In multiplayer, I have occasionally found myself unable to drag people for no reason.
Force is the best negotiator.

Max Power
Max Power

Mr. Angry Face

• Members
  • 12828 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 08:34

Sometimes the hotspot is a little tricky to get as well, and you have to sort of hover around them to get the option.
Posted Image
Posted Image
My inbox is fill and won't be emptied. If your PM is regarding requests to use my work, unfortunately I choose not to grant such permission. My work is for use with CWR2 only.