Modules Official Documentation Links

I carn't seem to get this to work, wherever I place

waituntil {!isnil "bis_fnc_init"};

I get the following error

Suspending not allowed in this context

Error in expression <waituntil {!isnil "bis_fnc_init"}; >

Error position: <!isnil "bis_fnc_init"}; >

Error Generic error in expression

Where should this be place I've tried init.sqf/sqs the init of object and the function module.

I have had it working in the past which makes it even more annoying, can anyone help please.

Never mind I rebooted the game and it's working now.

Edited by F2k Sel

I use the following code in init.sqf for the ACM module:

waitUntil {!isNil {BIS_ACM getVariable "initDone"}}; 
waitUntil {BIS_ACM getVariable "initDone"}; 

GAH ! This HC module is driving me nuts. Anybody had any luck with it ?

Is there any documentation regarding the Surrendering module? I've gotten it to work before but the AI kills surrendered troops regardless. I'm intrigued by the premise.

Is there any documentation regarding the Surrendering module? I've gotten it to work before but the AI kills surrendered troops regardless. I'm intrigued by the premise.

I've seen them ignore surrendered troops. I just kind of want to know what influences it. Half the time no one will surrender or i'll see one person surrender and the other times I will find entire squads with their hands on their heads.

OK I am rather unclear as to which First Aid Module to use.

Wiki states: DO NOT USE THE FA MODULE WITH THE AIS it is redundant and can cause problems

But at the bottom it then states: Fixed (1.03): healing scripts running twice if FA module used together with AIS

So I am assuming I can now use all three modules with no issues?

Also any news on how the Weather Module works. Do I just drop it in and it randomly changes the weather throughout the game (any synching needed)?

OK I am rather unclear as to which First Aid Module to use.

Wiki states: DO NOT USE THE FA MODULE WITH THE AIS it is redundant and can cause problems

But at the bottom it then states: Fixed (1.03): healing scripts running twice if FA module used together with AIS

So I am assuming I can now use all three modules with no issues?

Also any news on how the Weather Module works. Do I just drop it in and it randomly changes the weather throughout the game (any synching needed)?

I use all 3 Modules and always have and I have never had a problem with it in my missions.

If you put the weather module in it will make volumetric clouds and that is all I guess. I have never seen it dynamically create the weather. I would think that there is a way to do it though.

If you put the weather module in it will make volumetric clouds and that is all I guess. I have never seen it dynamically create the weather. I would think that there is a way to do it though.

Well tried the weather module and didn't make a blind bit of difference. No volumetric clouds at all.

Bizarre!

How can I connect spawned group to use all three "First Aid"-modules?

Edit: I found it - you need to "launch" these:

nul=[groupname] execVM "\ca\Modules\AIS\data\scripts\IS.sqf"; nul=[groupname] execVM "\ca\Modules\BC\data\scripts\BC.sqf"; nul =[groupname,leader groupname,true] execVM "\ca\Modules\FA\data\scripts\FA.sqf";

Seems to work in SP missions at least.

Edited by SaOk

How do I prevent my coop mission from crashing my arma 2 to desktop?

Im using the first aid modules and the Secop module all syncronized to a squad of playable soldiers and it always sooner or later crashes my arma 2 to desktop.

No custom scripts in the mission and patch 1.03.

When I remove the secops module it stops crashing to desktop.

Excuse me guys, but can the garbage collector work as a dead unit/vehicle remover? And if so - how to us it?

Would really like some remover in original ARMA2 when it gets too much of dead bodies and wrecks to keep performance up without having to use side scripts.

Another question: Does this module also work as a unit/vehicle hider defined around players/units? Same that was in Evo if i remember it correct to preserve performance. Keep the enemy units/vehicle hidden until you get within a defined radius where they would pop out.

These 2 if not in ARMA2 standard should really be there.

Alex

Edited by Alex72

As far as i know the Garbage Collector removes things that were created by the SOM. I don't know if you can make it to remove dead bodies.

Gents,

I can't find any references on this one : how do you select what type of units are spawned by the SecOpsManager ?

If I want to play OPFOR, will it still spawn OPFOR troops ? Can I select which faction, for example ?

Any help appreciated, as the comref is really light on Modules...

Malick

Gents,

I can't find any references on this one : how do you select what type of units are spawned by the SecOpsManager ?

If I want to play OPFOR, will it still spawn OPFOR troops ? Can I select which faction, for example ?

Any help appreciated, as the comref is really light on Modules...

Malick

if you play OPFOR, secOps will spawn USMC. If you play BLUFOR, secOps will spawn RUSSIANS.

Unfortunately you cant select which faction the enemy will spawn, as of now

I love the modules. Does any one know if additional modules could be made by the mod community? I could see that being a very popular way to expand functionality.

I love the modules. Does any one know if additional modules could be made by the mod community? I could see that being a very popular way to expand functionality.

yes, look up for JTD_Ambient_Traffic Module in the released addon thread. That is a community made new module

How do I activate/deactivate the ambient civilian module in a script?

Data: ca\modules\garbage_collector

Editor setup

* Add a unit to the Garbage Collector via

a = [unit] execVM "ca\modules\garbage_collector\data\scripts\trashIt.sqf"

You can refer to the Garbage Collector by BIS_GC.

What does all these mean? How do I use garbage collector in MP mission?

Where to add that text and what "Data" text means? Can I automatically remove all dead bodies with this and how? I don't understand what is written in Wiki...:(

How to create COIN on-fly by a script (not in Editor) ? And how to syncronize it? (synchronizeObjectsAdd doesn't help, or I'm doing someting wrong)

I recall one of the devs talking about implementation of range to use with SOM (secondary operations manager) enabling the mission maker to specify the minimum and maximum distance for objectives.

Has this been implemented and if so how does one configure the module?

None of the modules work for me by default, I can't figure out why.

Do they have to all have something in the init section of the module?

For example, can I just place the civilian module and synch it to a unit? Or does it have to have a script in it?

Same with the ACM, as neither of them are doing anything for me.

what about the weather and other modules not listed?

how do they work and what do they do exactly?

the weather module just makes clouds appear around the players it is synced to it is good for flying as you have clouds to fly through