This is my 1st release addon for ArmA2, its nothing special i know..

I don't have ArmA2 yet but i would like to share and help others on this department.

Ok, i thought why not release several versions of Night Visions as options for those who actually want to change.

• Full Night Vision Goggles (Clean Lens)
Full_NVG_ArmA2_s.jpg
(@ck-claw, thanks for posting a picture).
Download: fullnvgoggles.pbo (1mb)
Mirrors: armaholic.com -> FTP #1 mirror, FTP #2 mirror

armainfo

• Partial Night Vision Goggles (Dirty Lens)
partial_nvgoggles_00_ss.jpg
Download: partial_nvgoggles_dirty.pbo (1.3mb)
Mirrors: armaholic.com -> FTP #1 mirror, FTP #2 mirror

armainfo

• Partial Night Vision Goggles (Clear Lens)
partial_nvgoggles_clear_00_s.jpg
Download: partial_nvgoggles_clear.pbo (1.3mb) (updated 09/08/2009)

Thank you for the mirrors.

Note: How to install:

create a folder inside ArmA2 directory like this:

[b]C:\Program files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\@FullNVGoggles\AddOns[/b]

Copy the pbo file into ..\@FullNVGoggles\AddOns directory
Add the following shortcut in the icon proprieties on your desktop:

[b]"C:\Program files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\ArmA2.exe" -mod=@FullNVGoogles[/b]

ps- All credits to Bohemia Interactive.

Edited by bravo 6
added mirror

I prefer some kind of border, could you create a version that's like the "True NV goggles" mod in Arma1, simply a larger border radius?

sure i can,

post suggestions and i might do it.

If you can post pictures to better enlighten, the better is is.

I understand what you mean, but in RL you don't see the circle cut in the top and bottom.

So BIS have done it very accurate.

Another thing, in RL i think people "ingore" the circle with time and focusing only in the image, so it would look like normal view after a while.

For example, when you are watching a video in the pc with a small screen with time you ignore the size and the image become big as you could see everything.

I dunno how to explain this better but in my opinion full screen is better option.

Hi, you could also add some sensor cells, they don't look that bad with 'em, something like this:

wip_m1911_30_04_09b.jpg

Let's C ya

I think just move out the border far out would be best. Ofcourse no border IS best, but to give a certain degree of using NVG (like the green wasnt enough...lol) You know what i mean though.

TrueMods made the border as far out as you can go and yet have a smoothed out black hole. So you saw the circle lying as far out as possible to still hold a bit of black in the left/right & top/bottom to then smooth in quick to the image. Corners had more black ofcourse thanks to the circle shape. But it was very good.

Thanks for doing this Bravo6!

EDIT: Remember to keep or fix the "film grain" so its not annoying but showing. :) To give that real feel. And please no bee cake. :D

Alex

The problem is that i have no way to test it in ArmA2, i still don't have it, and with the demo i can't even run it so theres not way to see where the limitations are..and i don't know, by comparison, if the field of view is exactly the same as in ArmA1.

Hmm how can i help? Make something - send it my way - i screenshot it for you.

Field of view feels different. Especially flying jets woohoo. :) Awesome FOV in there. But yeah i see the problem lol. Maybe we have to wait for the updated until you get the game.

Alex

Hi, maybe you could do it in the ArmA and then change/repath the textures to the ArmA2

DIR structure... that may work, but im not sure. Let's C ya

Thanks bravo6 .... just what I have been needing !

Cheers mate.

Hi, you could also add some sensor cells

I really like the sensor cells, looks alot better than a clean set of NVG's.

They do need to be hmmm 'dirty' or at least rescrict your view in some way maybe ?

Anyways just my opinion :)

hi updated 1st post with Partial NVGoogles.

edit1: Would be nice if someone post a picture about the partial_NVG so i can add to the 1st post, as an option comparison.

edit2: wipman, that sensor cell looks like the bee's houses, correct? But how realistic is it? I don't understand its purpose.

Edited by bravo 6

No bees wax please mate lol.

ARMA2 has "noise" "grain" inside wich gives a nice effect by itself. Bees wax not needed. This is not Splinter cell.

Alex

Alex72, have you tried the Partial NVGoogles? Post a picture please :p

Edit:ill try to see what i can do with the noise..

Hi bravo 6,

THX for the work.

Fullscreen works fine, but with the partial one I get a "real" partial effect:

arma22009-06-2813-02-02-96.jpg

Don't have the time to look in the file for myself. Just wanted you to know.

My settings are:

1360x768 (16:9)

Regards benus

ok, so im going to remove the partial nvg from 1st post, because it seems not to work as i thought it would.

Gonna test it now. The "noise" we can add etc in missions the same way as changing color. I dont know how it works in addons, but with init.sqf i can set what tone i want in a mission. The noise or "film grain" i can choose how big the dots shall be and how much it should be seen.

With some work behind it you can create great NVG effect with it. Slightly visible and a bit bigger pixels. but i cant help you there. Dont know if that works in ArmA1 either?

EDIT: Yep its "partial" alright. :D (half screen like image above).

Edited by Alex72

I like this idea :) When bis nvg goes black and i see nothing - makes me angry :/ btw what about to modify arma1 addon with autobrightness/+- brightness

RobertHammer im not exactly sure if i understand what you pretend.

The auto glare is something in the engine.. i think it can't be controlled as we wanted.

edit:

EDIT: Yep its "partial" alright. :D (half screen like image above).

In ArmA1 worked fine.. now you see why its not so simple for me without ArmA2 to test it :p

@benus, thanks for the picture.

Edited by bravo 6

About the partial one:

Not sure what the problem is. The .paa itself "seems" to be alright, when looking at it in TexView2 (in PhotoShop too).

So problem should be in the .p3d?!

Copied the partial-.paa over to the fullscreen.pbo and renamed it, but it gave me the same effect. So I am not sure where the problem is, as just replacing the file should work, because the settings for the .paa are the same.

Need to do something for my studies now. Gonna look into it later this day again.

Edited by benus

@RobertHammer, ill look into it.

@benus, the p3d is exactly the same for the full screen so it should work the same way, the only thin that would change would be the texture. And it work in ArmA1.

edit:@RobertHammer, I should inform you that the "Fixed Range Nightvision" have several codes which i believe they have their author rights. I don't know if i can use them or change them and them publish. Maybe he could come here as give hes thoughts. Another thing, that addon also uses the Extended_Eventhandlers.pbo

Edited by bravo 6

@RobertHammer, ill look into it.

@RobertHammer, I should inform you that the "Fixed Range Nightvision" have several codes which i believe they have their author rights. I don't know if i can use them or change them and them publish. Maybe he could come here as give hes thoughts. Another thing, that addon also uses the Extended_Eventhandlers.pbo

Ye , right